IGNORED

What have you or are willing to give up to continue to play golf?

hjimzaf
Note: This thread is 4672 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I give up not having my future kids till the future.  Now I can play as much golf as I want

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

My wife is due with our first any time now.  I've already played a lot less this year than previously and I'll essentially be giving up golf for a year so she can stay home for the entire first year of our kid's life rather than doing day care and such.  I purchased a few frequent player cards and some cheap rounds via Groupon and such so I at least have a few rounds saved up for late summer and early fall.

Originally Posted by ThominOH

Being 50 year old and married for 20+ years... Would giving us sex be out of line in order to play golf?  lmao

I'm in the same boat, I've told my wife the more I golf the less likely I will be "begging" for sex, she's all in......

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Originally Posted by hjimzaf

Along with what I wrote in the first post, I'm about to give up my 2008 BMW 328i Coupe. I'm starting a new job in a few weeks, but it's a third less pay than the previous one. Plus my wife is 8 months pregnant with our first child so it's also not family friendly.

Congratulations on the new addition to the family and good luck with you new job.  Hopefully you'll still be able to squeeze a couple of rounds in here and there.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

I reduced my cart usage this year.  I wanted to commit to walking at least 9 holes per week and so far have pretty much done that. Walking has made me feel better and savings on cart rental basically makes every 3rd round free!

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by lumpuckeroo

I'm in the same boat, I've told my wife the more I golf the less likely I will be "begging" for sex, she's all in......

Ahhh, the old, "Golf course or intercourse?" question.  Works like a charm (golf-wise) a majority of the time.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

Sorry to hear about your problems in the sack

I guess I'm fortunate that I don't have to give up any material goods to play golf, but I won't sacrifice my family time for it.  I schedule my golf in around the times that the kids and wife are doing other things.   Earlier in their lives I had to sacrifice time with them to establish my business, but now I realize that nothing is more important than family and certainly not golf.

Joe Paradiso

I gave up my YMCA membership to join the local golf club.  I also gave up working in the evenings.  I also watch far less TV now (but what I do watch is typically the Golf channel).  I solved the family time problem by teaching my wife and kids to play.  I've been trying to give up my job to play golf, but I don't think that would go over too well.

In my  bag: 

Diablo Octane Tour 9.5, 18  -  6DT 19 (3I Hybrid) - 

Diablo Forged Irons 5-PW -  Tom Watson wedges 52,56,60 - 64 (generic) 

D.A.R.T. Belly Putter

B330-RX Balls

Sleep.  My wife is cool, and I get the "hall pass" to play pretty much whenever I want... but with two kids under 2, and a pretty hectic work week, the only time I really get to play without intruding too much into things is early in the morning on the weekend.  Getting to the course, warming up, playing, then driving home can be a 5+ hour affair, and taking up that kind of family time in the middle of the weekend isn't good, so I like to be one of the first tee times out so that we can avoid traffic, play fast, and I can be back just as the day is really starting at home.

I gave up my first wife! She gave the ultimatum play less golf or we were through....I left!

If my current wife tried that no sex thing then I guess we would just be roommates. We have a 7 year old, and a baby on the way, the new baby won't affect my golf game any more than the first one did.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I guess you could say I "give up the cart" to walk and pay less money but I think I would do that anyway as I always play alone. Plus, walking 9 holes at my home course is a whopping 5 bucks. Luckily, I don't have children or a lady to cut back on my golf time-- No offense to anyone who does but I'm a bit of a loner and I, currently, like it that way. :) "First, I was a one man wolf pack"

-In the bag -
Your lost range balls

Note: This thread is 4672 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!