IGNORED

For or against Murray and company?

flap
Note: This thread is 5930 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well by now I'm regretting my previous posts in this thread. Maybe I reacted too quickly or I'm being too sensitive.
I did suffer through some of the coverage and I think Danny Ganns actually annoyed himself. This is why I think one of these events is enough.
Wouldn't you guys like to see a serious game from the good celebrity golfers played during the AT&T.; There are some pretty good golfers among them. Tom Brady looked very good for not having played. He said this week was the first time he has played in 8 months.
T-Bone Marshall
Home Course: www.waldenponds.com (74.1/134) 7001 yds
in my bag
Driver: Big Ben cs3 10.5 Stiff/Draw set up
Fairway: Hogan Edge 3,5 metal:Irons: Hogan Radial-Apex shaftWedge: Hogan "Tom Kite" 56* Radial "E" wedgePutter: Affinity vr7 "V-Rod" pro-v1x ball2 markers, Disney divot tool,...

First, if Danny Gans is not the most irritating person I have ever had the displeasure of watching, I do not know who is. Even I could not handle him and unfortunately had to switch the channel this weekend.
To those who were upset at my earlier post. I simply stated my opinion, those who were offended I am sorry but it was nothing personal and it never will be.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First, if Danny Gans is not the most irritating person I have ever had the displeasure of watching, I do not know who is. Even I could not handle him and unfortunately had to switch the channel this weekend.

Ok Guys!

I think this was just a simple and incredible misunderstanding! Let's forget about it! I really appreciate to read and share opinions of every user in this forum as I believe everyone is contributing greatly. As I said before, this is a great forum (if you don't believe me, go to any web search engine and type golf forum and join one... you will come back right away!) You guys are great and this is because we all have one thing in common: love for golf. So, let's share only the good thoughts... I agree with NM Golf... who is Danny Gans?? (sorry I am from Italy... don't know much about US celebrities.....)
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

Fortunately i missed most of the coverage other than Thursday and Sunday. I did get a chance to see their little special on Danny gans and his awful impressions.

But im kind of nuetral on this topic, im sure its a blast for the spectators and Bill Murray is almost tradition. I find him entertaining and its interesting to see how the celebs fair out on the course. I agree with Hoganfan that Id like to see a seperate tourney with just celebs with actual scoring.. no net par, net eagle garbage. Players like Kelly Slater, Carson Daly, are low handicaps and it would fun to see them dual it out.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Hey I started this thread and all this brough ha ha and nobody saw fit to give me one lousy Rep point?Hell next time I will start a war

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I agree with NM Golf... who is Danny Gans?? (sorry I am from Italy... don't know much about US celebrities.....)

I had never heard of Danny Gans before seeing him in the AT&T; Pebble Beach National Pro-Am on TV. In my view, he was the only celebrity I saw who was "in a class by himself" [this is NOT intended to be a compliment]. I thought George Lopez frequently "went over the edge", but was not a serious rival for Gans. Most of the celebrities I saw (Kenny G, Glenn Frey, Chris Berman, Mickelson's am partner Mr. You (I forget his first name) and etc. appeared to be gentlemen, so I only saw a couple of celebrities I would want to avoid seeing again.

I had never heard of Danny Gans before seeing him in the AT&T; Pebble Beach National Pro-Am on TV. In my view, he was the only celebrity I saw who was "in a class by himself" [this is NOT intended to be a compliment]. I thought George Lopez frequently "went over the edge", but was not a serious rival for Gans. Most of the celebrities I saw (Kenny G, Glenn Frey, Chris Berman, Mickelson's am partner Mr. You (I forget his first name) and etc. appeared to be gentlemen, so I only saw a couple of celebrities I would want to avoid seeing again.

Damned... this Danny Gans must be a "real gentleman"...

I could not resist and I look for his bio on the web.... it says... let me actually attached his bio... Danny Gans He's the "Entertainer of the year" in Las Vegas, and his award winning "Show of the Year" is the hottest ticket in town. He's being called the best singer-comedian-impressionist-actor in the business today, by entertainment critics and his peers. Audiences go wild over him. Who is he? He's Danny Gans. Gans hadn't planned to be an entertainer. His boyhood dream was to play third base for the Dodgers, and he was, in fact, drafted by the Kansas City Royals, while he was still attending high school in California. Sadly, an injury forced him to decline the flattering offer, but sometimes opportunity knocks more than once. When he was in college, Gans had to turn down another draft offer, this one was from the Chicago White Sox. Then, two years later, Gans' life long dream came true: he signed with the Dodgers organization. However, not long after the elation, it all came to a crashing halt during his first season. A career-ending injury turned his life upside-down. With the love and encouragement of his friends and family, Gans shifted his focus from baseball to entertainment. He had been blessed with a marvelous singing voice, the ability to make people laugh and a rare presence that would manifest itself in his new career. Any comments???
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

(Speaking in a voice like Clint Eastwood) I'm glad it's over....The tournament and the misunderstanding.
How about Tom Watson, not bad for 57 yrs old.
How much is it anyway to play Pebble Beach? Damn fine course!
T-Bone Marshall
Home Course: www.waldenponds.com (74.1/134) 7001 yds
in my bag
Driver: Big Ben cs3 10.5 Stiff/Draw set up
Fairway: Hogan Edge 3,5 metal:Irons: Hogan Radial-Apex shaftWedge: Hogan "Tom Kite" 56* Radial "E" wedgePutter: Affinity vr7 "V-Rod" pro-v1x ball2 markers, Disney divot tool,...

• Administrator
It's been said before (and I'll likely say it in this evening's podcast): why not have some female celebs? Or at least MORE female celebs.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I never heard of Danny Gans before the tournament but he sure annoyed the hell out of me! What a load! I do like watching some of the celebrities play but they need to get more "A" list celebs. I tape all tournaments on DVR so I can blow through alot of the BS and the talking heads.

Great Point!!! Where are the female celebs???

Anyway,

Danny Gans, Murray, Lopez etc . . . think that THEY MUST perform for us. They think that is why they have been invited. I don't know if that is why or not, but it looks like they come to the course thinking that they have to put on a show.

This is in stark contrast to people like Tom Brady, that played no football for us, or the the surfer guy who didn't surf for us. Chuck Schwab gave us no stock tips. Kenny G did not play the sax, and Micheal Bolton didn't sing.

For some reason, the comedy guys feel the need to act out.

I enjoy the event, and overall, enjoy the celebs, but I could do without a few of them.

J.P.

Bridgestone J33 10.5* Fujikura Rombax w
Bridgestone J33 15* Fujikura Zcom tw74
Tour Edge XCG 18* 3 hybrid Mizuno MP30 4-PW DG S300Vokey SM 52 bent 51Vokey Spin Milled 56 & 60Cameron Newport BchBridgestone B330s

...they come to the course thinking that they have to put on a show. - in stark contrast to people like Tom Brady, that played no football for us, or the the surfer guy who didn't surf for us. Chuck Schwab gave us no stock tips. Kenny G did not play the sax, and Micheal Bolton didn't sing.

What an excellent point. Now how do we send that message to them?

Bury me with a golf glove in my pocket - just in case!

What an excellent point. Now how do we send that message to them?

Buy your own AAAAA rated golf course, get all your big name friends to come play and make sure they perform or give tips on how to better yourself in their fields, tell the pro's they will play your way and with the people you pick for them, they can no longer pick their own partners. You tell the camera people who they can shoot and who to stay away from. charge all your friends thousands of dollars for charity so they can spend a week playing golf with pro golfers and party everynight. Don't forget the millions of dollars your offering the pros to show up. After you do all that I guess you can be in control. I'll watch your show and let you know what I didn't like so you can change your format to my whims, or maybe I'll go bowling and not watch your show.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

• 11 months later...
OK, so I'm a new member. Hi, y'all.

I'm sitting here watching the evening replay of the first round of the 2008 Pebble Beach Pro Am and just had to listen to Rich Lerner gush about how talented "Danny Gans" is, and then they played some footage of his insipid banter out on the course.

Since I'm a newbie, I couldn't start a new thread... so I did a search and decided to resurrect this one.

This is one of those things that just blows me away. The guy has got to be one of the worst comedian/impersonators I have ever seen! I'm not exaggerating...

So I guess this is a sanity check... looking for validation or repudiation. Does anyone think this guy is actually funny or in any way talented? I'm wondering how the hell he has met with success, although he actually has none outside of Vegas apparently. Is it mob connections? Is it that people get so shitfaced before going to his show that they are ready to laugh at anything?

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

nope ain't just you...my wife and I can't stand him as well.

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

Sweet Moses!!! Danny Gans is a royal douche bag.

Not only that, but Chris Burman... This guy is unreal. Here is a guy who copies his personality from his idol, Bill Belichick. Berating his co workers, throwing temper tantrums off camera. I'm glad he is getting a little bit of ribbing from Nick and Kelly. Man, he is terrible.

I can't stand most of the celebs (I do love Bill Murray) but just love to see golf played at such a beautiful place.

I was fortunate enough to be able to go out there last year, just a week after the event. Beautiful track, beautiful place, and I am really enjoying the finer nuances of the course it's self, having been there and now seeing it again on TV. Now that I have been there, played there, you gain a whole new perspective on how difficult it really is. The wind is unrelenting, but man is it nice. Probably one of my favorite courses.
In My Bags(s)... Main Set & Back Up Set

Driver: Rapture V2 9.o / G15 9.o (Stiff)
3 Wood: G15 15.5 / G10 15.o (Stiff)
5 Wood: G15 18.5 / G10 18.o (Stiff)Hybrid: G15 20.o / G10 21.o (Stiff)Irons & Wedges (4-L): Eye 2 +no+ / Eye 2 BeCu (Blue Dot / Stiff)Extra Wedge: 60.4 Satin Nickel Spin...

Jime Rome is a frickin nightmare. Someone ought to bury a putter in the back of his head, what an ass. That being said, if you don't like the way the stars act then by all means don't watch. Tune in next week at Riviera. And if the Tour pros don't like it then by all means don't play. See ya next week at the Nissan. Really, if your a golf "purist" (gag

Yeah Jim Rome is the epitome of douche bag. I agree that its a fun week and i think alot of players feel that way. The ones who dont like playing 5 1/2 hour rounds dont have to. Its not that big a deal to have 1 or 2 pro-ams a year, at least its something different. I cant not comment on Danny Gans even though everyone already has. His John Travolta impression was absolutely horrid, im embarassed for the guy. And only that idiot Rich Lerner would know he's a 3 time entertainer of the year in Las Vegas.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

but Chris Burman... This guy is unreal. Here is a guy who copies his personality from his idol, Bill Belichick. Berating his co workers, throwing temper tantrums off camera... Man, he is terrible.

In June we have to endure the torture of listening to Berman's insipid comments during the US Open because of his ESPN contract.

Gary "rum and" Koch, Davis "where is the" Love, Aron "Badds to the Bone", ... give me a break.

Bury me with a golf glove in my pocket - just in case!

Note: This thread is 5930 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!