IGNORED

What would you have done with Jeter's 3000 hit HR ball?

BrushCaddy
Note: This thread is 4670 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Even being from Boston I think I would have given it back to Jeter. He is the one player on that team that I respect (maybe Rivera as well). I still remember the game where he dove into the stands to catch a foul ball while our beloved Nomar was sitting on the bench taking his Midol. He's always played the game the right way so I have to give him props for that.

I agree with you (as a fellow Sox fan), but the one thing I hate when people bring that Jeter catch up is that Pokey Reese for the Red Sox made a much better catch (though he actually had to dive into the stands to catch the ball, rather than Jeter's momentum taking him there) earlier in the game. *Steps off soapbox.* :-P

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He is most likely going to be selling off some of those suite tickets to pay the taxes he's about to get hit with soon. I would have given it back for a decent cash reward maybe like 10k.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Many teams pay the taxes on seats they give away in raffles or prizes or anything like that.

As for Pokey Reese he made a far tougher baseball play, what made Jeter's dive so popular was the fact that It was extra innings tie game and he made the play, which wasnt a particularly hard play from a skill perspective, knowing full well he was gonna eat it with no chance of ever stopping himself on a ball that probably would have been nothing more then a foul ball.

Now im not saying that isnt remembered in large part because it was Jeter other players have destroyed their face for a catch (see Aaron Rowand) but the reason people like that play is becuase Derek Jeter made the play despite the fact he new he was gonna be on the wrong end of a faceplant and did it anyway.

nickent.gif4DX Evolver Driver, ping.gif Rapture 3 Wood, taylormade.gif Burner 08 5 Wood, nickent.gif 3DX RC 3-4 & 5DX 5 Hybrid,
nickent.gif 6-PW 3DX Hybrid Irons, cleveland.gif High Bore 09 GW-SW, touredge.gif 60* Wedge, maxfli.gif Revolution Blade Insert Putter

Yes I'm Aware That's 16 Clubs!

I would have kept it for myself and then let my kid or something sell it to the highest bidder like 50 years from now.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by clubchamp

He is most likely going to be selling off some of those suite tickets to pay the taxes he's about to get hit with soon. I would have given it back for a decent cash reward maybe like 10k.

haha i'd do the same! Make those darn yankees pay dearly for it! god knows they have the cash...Lopez is a good guy , good for him. Taxes...well not so much.

I would be looking for the $$$$, I would give him first shot at it though.

Though it would depend on how much. 5K is not life changing money so might feel different vs 250k

Never use a paragraph when a sentence will do.

Note: This thread is 4670 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!