IGNORED

Does Anybody Else Dislike Morgan Pressel?

docmao

yea for some reason just looking at her makes me not like her.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5Β°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15Β°
5 Wood: r7 19Β° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60Β°Wedge: Z TP 54Β°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

The crying after her close losses put me out of her camp; save it for when you get behind closed doors and be a good loser. It doesn't mean you like losing, but the crying shows no class, not to mention some immaturity... perhaps the reason why the LPGA shouldn't have waived their age exemption for her.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blueΒ dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34"Β 

I agree with some others, she's not my favourite player but she is young and will mature with age. Good on her for her recent win.

I'd like to stick up for Michelle Wie. She cops a bagging but she isnt allowed to be a full member of the lpga tour. I dont agree she should continually compete against the men but the simple fact is when she competes on the lpga tour, she is always in contention despite not being playing week in week out. Outside of winning, she has been one of the most consistent player in the lpga majors over the last couple of years.

That she has endorsements coming out her razoo is another good luck to her and her marketing machine. If she didnt rate, she wouldnt get the cash. I love watching her because she hits it long, takes risks and is good entertainment.

The crying after her close losses put me out of her camp; save it for when you get behind closed doors and be a good loser. It doesn't mean you like losing, but the crying shows no class, not to mention some immaturity... perhaps the reason why the LPGA shouldn't have waived their age exemption for her.

Somehow, I don't find that comment fair. I seriously doubt that crying shows no class, although you do have a point about her immaturity. Perhaps she is just VERY emotional.

You guys are so funny,not liking someone because they cry just shows you need to some growing up also.

R7Β 9.5Β S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

Morgan is a very young player, which is more than likely the reason she seems to react the way she does. Just think about how you reacted to certain things when you were 18 or 19, versus how you would react now. For me, it's a huge difference.

As far as the Morgan vs. Michelle debate, Morgan has recently proven she can talk-the-talk as well as walk-the-walk. It's up to Michelle to prove herself now.
Taylor Made R7 Quad 9.5
Cleveland Comp 3 wood
Taylor Made 3 and 4 hybrids
Mizuno MP-30 Irons 4-PW
Taylor Made RAC TP wedgesOdyssey Putter

• 4 years later...

Is she trying to compensate for being small, not able to hit it with most of the bigger ladies? Being hyper-competitive is one thing; being a nasal, whiney princess with a potty mouth is another. I think her inferiority complex is showing, and it isn't pretty.

Originally Posted by gogolfing

Do you think Bubba Watson has no class because he cried after every win he's had?

Your Judgement of MorganΒ Pressel on herΒ emotions towards something she really wants says more about you than her.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5degΒ GD Tour AD DI7xΒ | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLKΒ Hybrid: 20deg,Β Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 ShaftΒ | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg |Β Scotty Cameron California Del MarΒ | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Holy thread resurrection Batman.Β  Dead for 4 years and POW!

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20'sΒ  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

I reserve the right to withhold judgement until I see some pictures.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I've been lucky enough to hear Creamer, Inkster, and Kerr speak at charity events. All of them said the same thing that she needs to win on the lpga tour before she wants to try and play with the men. So Pressel making that comment is not a big deal and crying after a loss I agree she could go behind close doors but some people can't stop their emotions. Bubba cries after he wins and lets not forget Snedeker crying after he lost masters a couple years ago.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9Β 

Originally Posted by clubchamp

I've been lucky enough to hear Creamer, Inkster, and Kerr speak at charity events. All of them said the same thing that she needs to win on the lpga tour before she wants to try and play with the men. So Pressel making that comment is not a big deal and crying after a loss I agree she could go behind close doors but some people can't stop their emotions. Bubba cries after he wins and lets not forget Snedeker crying after he lost masters a couple years ago.

Let's not forget, Creamer, Inkster and Kerr are serious competitors and have won multiple times on the LPGA tour.Β Β  I think each of them has a least one major on their resume.Β  Michelle Wie has 2 wins and gets 10 times the coverage.Β  It's apparent that the advertiser's and the tour want her to be the next star.Β Β  Perhaps when Wie finishes school she'll start to win more but for now she hasn't come close to the hype.

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20'sΒ  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

personally i can't stand michelle wie. in no way has she impressed me. all i've seen is a walking billboard and a stuck up amazon who's yet to live up to the pedestal everyone's put her on. we get it michelle, you're that nike chick that tried to do it with the guys only to come up short on your own tour, let alone get into theirs. as for pressel, sure she's got emotion, she's got fire and she's got a bitterness to it but...not every athlete that is striving with all they got to win is going to be a PR's dream.Β /opinion

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

CobraΒ Bio+ 9*Β Matrix White Tie XΒ Β -Β Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTASΒ 80XΒ - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100Β - Vokey SM4 55 /Β Vokey SM5 60*Β DG TIΒ S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

• 6 months later...
I can't even look at her without squirming...she must just be a miserable person to be around. I don't know if it is her attitude, her face, her voice or all of the above. She is definitely one of those spoiled little brats who thinks her you know what doesn't stink. I just got done watching the ADT skills challenge and was just praying someone would tell to shut her hole...she attempted to talk smack the whole time and just sounded like a fool. You could tell the guys were annoyed...at first they laughed it off but you could tell they couldn't wait to beat her. I almost stood up and cheered when she talked sh$t to Zach Johnson about his tee shot and then proceeded to blow her tee shot, hit a crappy second and blew her putt 10 feet by and screwed her teammate, Anika. She wasn't doing much talking after that. And people really think she is good looking? She looks like she has Benjamin bottom disease...you can actually picture what she will look like when she is old. She is gonna look like the secretary from the movie Liar Liar...Greta. Look her up and you'll see what I'm saying.
DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Over the weekend - saw a special with her coaching this big russian heavyweight champion boxer on the course - the guy was a mountain, but was an intermediate player & it was an interesting show.Β Β Β Β Β I can see why her personality might rub others wrong - she is very stong willed and has aΒ "driver" personality.Β Β Β Β Β  I don't mind her - but I root for Ai Mayazato on the LPGA tour - she has the most unique takeaway &Β sweetest ladies swing I've ever seen !!

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jhwmusic

I can't even look at her without squirming...she must just be a miserable person to be around. I don't know if it is her attitude, her face, her voice or all of the above. She is definitely one of those spoiled little brats who thinks her you know what doesn't stink. I just got done watching the ADT skills challenge and was just praying someone would tell to shut her hole...she attempted to talk smack the whole time and just sounded like a fool. You could tell the guys were annoyed...at first they laughed it off but you could tell they couldn't wait to beat her. I almost stood up and cheered when she talked sh$t to Zach Johnson about his tee shot and then proceeded to blow her tee shot, hit a crappy second and blew her putt 10 feet by and screwed her teammate, Anika. She wasn't doing much talking after that. And people really think she is good looking? She looks like she has Benjamin bottom disease...you can actually picture what she will look like when she is old. She is gonna look like the secretary from the movie Liar Liar...Greta. Look her up and you'll see what I'm saying.

Didn't even realize I was subscribed to this thread because I never remembered hearing about her until randomly seeing the ADT skills challenge the past couple nights. Β Scrolling up, I now see my post and it makes sense. Β But having watched a couple days of the ADT skills challenge, I don't get what the fuss is about. Β She seems decently attractive (I'd take her over that blonde chick with the bony elbows everybody drools over any day of the week), and Anika did way more talking than Pressel did. Β Pressel barely spoke at all during the mini-challenges. Β The two biggest talkers were Sorenstam and Mediate. Β I also didn't notice anybody too annoyed with her.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I might be in the minority, but I like her and her game.Β  It likely stems from meeting Pressel a few years ago at the Jamie Farr.Β  She was kind, courteous, and was chatty on the practice tee.Β  Different strokes for different folks.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x