IGNORED

Which driver do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4200 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to drivers? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

king cobra 454 comp.

i love the club overall; i had to adjust my swing a bit for it, but now that i am used to it, it works great.

pros:
i am able to acheive good distance, and control

cons:
after trying out a few other drivers such as the nike sumo... something about it does not seem as smooth as the nike sumo. The nike just seemed to automatically go back on the correct swing path. I guess this would not be a good club for a beginner.

overall i can't complain though, because it works for me!

a bad day on the golf course is always better than a good day at work."

http://www.golfenthusiastic.com

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am using the TM Superquad 9.5 with the standard fujikura shaft but extended 1 inch. I really love the way this club performs; flight, distance, forgiveness.
What's in Your Bag?
Driver: Burner TP (9.5*)
3Wood: 906F (15*)
4Wood: 980F (17*)
Hybrid: Burner (19*)Irons: MP-67 (4-PW)Gap: MP-R 52*-07Sand/Lob: MP-R 58*-10Putter: Whitlam Jules ETBW/CentershaftBall: Pro V1Muroc Lake GC - Par 72White:71.5/124Blue:73.5/130

I play the TaylorMade Burner Draw...have also played/owned the superquad and sumo squared. Just hit the burner the best.
In the bag:

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto stiff shaft
Woods: Burner 15* 3 Wood w/ Fujikura, stiffHybrid: 503H w/ Aldila NV, stiffIrons: 755 3-9 w/ Project X 5.5 shaftsPitching Wedge: MP-T 47*Gap Wedge: MP-T 51*Sand Wedge: MP-T 56*Putter: Rossa SienaBall: Laddie/Laddie...

I play a Callaway FT-3 9* with a Aldila NVS 55-S shaft. At times I have issues, but when I hit it on the screws, all I can say is WOW!
I do wish I had my Callaway Hawkeye titanium 7.5 back! I traded it for a Walter Hagen 460h that lasted about 4 months. I'm not sure what it was, just out of the blue I couldn't hit it over 160 yards. I had the pro hit it, he managed to hit one about 175 yards...it was funny to see the look on his face. The shaft looked good, couldn't find any cracks, no rattles...clueless as to what it was.

In my Procombo stand bag
Fusion FT-3
Fusion FT-3 3 wood
Citation 2 iron from the early 80's
Cronin Tour irons 4 - PW V-foil 56 Vokey wedge 58 Oil canV-foil 60 G2i CRAZ-E ProV1

I've used strictly Callaway drivers since the Big Bertha Warbird back in 1995. I've gone through about 4 different models since then, but this year I switched to the Cobra LD F speed. I tried out a few TM drivers, the Ping G5, and newer Callaway models but the feel seems to be lacking in all of them. I still have my old Warbird just in case, and I still whack that club really well.

driver: G10 draw 9 degrees
hybrids DWS 16 and 20 degrees
irons: x-16 3-pw
wedges: 588 RTG 51, 56 & 60
putter: Heavy Putter B3-Mball: hx tour (I'll switch after I lose these)

Taylormade Burner TP 9.5degree with the X-stiff 65g shaft. It was a toss up between it or the Superquad and, I oddly enough, found the Burner TP to be slightly more workable and the weight move ability was not a selling point to me as I rarely if ever used it in my original R7.

Irons: MP-29c (2-PW)
Wedge: Vokey 56/8 bent to 54
Wedge: Tour 60degree
Putter: Redwood Anser (34in)
3-Wood: PT @ 13.5degreesDriver: Burner TP 9.5 (65g Shaft)

My 905R just came in today!!! WooT!!
Too bad I have to wait for this white stuff on the ground to go away :(

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

Anyone have the Callaway FTi driver? The square headed one...

I demo-ed it for a couple of weeks last Summer (18 holes x 3 rounds) - it hits far and long (well, for me anyway - I was getting 250/260 carry with it) but the price tag I couldnt afford: £299 / $500.

The version I tested was the Ft-i Tour and with a Stiff -flex.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

I was thinking about pivking up the FTi for free with my credit card points. But I want to try it before I buy one. I have a golf show, pretty big one here in Cleveland this weekend, I think I'll demo it there.

But theres nothing like seeing what clubs do on the course.

"I want to get a signature soon."

I use a Callaway FT-5 with a UST Proforce V2 Stiff shaft. Some people complain about the sound, but I love the club. The ball just flies off of the clubface. I get about 240-250 yds of carry and 15 or so more in roll on average. The club is very forgiving as well.
Driver: FT-5 (10° Draw UST Proforce V2 Stiff)
3 Wood: SS2.5
5 Wood: GT2 Tight Lies
4 Hybrid: Rescue Mid 22°
Irons: CG4 Steel Regular FlexWedges: CG12 (56° Standard Bounce) CG14 (60° Standard Bounce)Putter: XG #7Ball: Maxfli Noodle Long and Soft / Callaway HX Hot

Liked my R540 with speeder 757 shaft but wanted to move to a deeper faced driver. Ended up going with SuperQuad TP (mainly for the neutral setup) liking the sound and feel versus Titliest, Cobra, Callaway, and Mizuno.

WITB
r7 SQ TP 8.5* Diamana White 83 X
GS Tour 14* Aero 85 X
Md 21* Aero 95 S
MP-67 MP-R Black Ni Wedges Red Circa62 No.2

Note: This thread is 4200 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!