IGNORED

Which hybrid do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to hybrids? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sonartec MD Transition 21º

Hibore XLS 10.5º Yellow Reg
909F3 13º Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Reg
Big Bertha 17º Reg
585.H 21º Graphite 4175 Reg
804.OS 4-9 Graphite 3975 Reg Vokey Spin Milled 48.06 54.14 60.10 Tess G2 35" ProV1XHome course: Ria de Vigo Golf Vigo (SPAIN)

Nickent 3dx 17 degree. Ball flight is incredible - pretty much a guaranteed high, penetrating draw.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Nickent 3dx 17 degree. Ball flight is incredible - pretty much a guaranteed high, penetrating draw.

I'm thinking of gettting a 16degree hybrid....after having a 19degree.

What is the ball flight like for your 17*? Is it like a 2 iron or a 5w?

I'm thinking of gettting a 16degree hybrid....after having a 19degree.

For me, it's kinda the best of both worlds - if I play it up in my stance a little bit, it's closer to a 5 wood...closer to center and it plays more like a 2 iron.

Either way the ball tends to hold its line very well and not balloon.
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Cleveland Halo 2H, cuz it's a monster and ez to hit 200-225
Callaway x hybrid 4h from the rough or bunkers 180-200yds

IN THE BAG-
Driver Adams 8.5 Insight XTD YSQ-65 Stiff
Nike Sumo2 3 wood
Nike Sumo2 3 hybrid
Irons Taylromade r7 Steel shaftCallaway X 60 degree wedge MD groovesPutter Scotty Cameron Newport

For me, it's kinda the best of both worlds - if I play it up in my stance a little bit, it's closer to a 5 wood...closer to center and it plays more like a 2 iron.

With that reply....I went to my local Golfsmith and picked up the last 16* Taylor Made Mid Hybrid....thanks for the feedback.

I had much luck already with my 19* as you suggested. Hitting midstance...I hit it from the 185 sprinkler marker on the 1st cut of the rough onto the green and it stopped dead. Another shot....front-stance...it played 195 on a par 5 2nd shot. I am hoping my 16* will be a more boring trajectory when I have a tight tee shot...like a driving iron. And I might even leave my 3w home when I play in wet conditions this winter (where as some of you know...woods don't slide too well through wet turf). Let me start a new thread of 'what do people use hybrids for'....

With that reply....I went to my local Golfsmith and picked up the last 16* Taylor Made Mid Hybrid....thanks for the feedback.

No problem...I hope you like it!

I had a set of Ping rapture hybrids, I was happy with them, but switched to a set of new 18, 21 & 24 Medic Synchron, which are godly. I have tried every hybrid on the market extensively, none come close to these.

That they cost 1/10 of the ones I had was quite plesant, otherwise it use to be the other way around

edit: Apollo shadow graphite hybrid shaft on all 3. Not top of the line, but that is not a question of money, I simply liked it. Was on the clubs I tried & the feels suprases the raptures.

Putter: Never Compromise - GM2 3
Driver: Ping G10 10,5° / Aldila DVS 60 S
Hybrid: PP Select 5000 - 15° / True Temper Dynamic Gold x300
Irons: Titleist AP2 - 3-PW / True Temper Dynamic Gold x100
Wedges: Titleist spin milled oil - 52, 56, 62° / True Temper Dynamic Gold S300Ball: Titleist ProV1

What is a

TaylorMade Mid Hybrid ? I am confused as TayloMade's website only shows 3 types of hybrids http://www.taylormadegolf.com/compare.asp?catID=34 as follows: 1) Burner 2) Rescue TP 3) R7 Draw Rescue Is this a hybrid they use to offer?

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

What is a

TaylorMade is closing out this particular model. Still being sold at many proshops...such as this....

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/TM5465 for $99 brand new. Same 'tour inspired' head shape as the Rescue TP...but a heck of lot more playable....and no gimmicks like what TaylorMade is trying to do with their current clubs.

I tried out some early Taylormade hybrids and just could not hit them for the life of me. Went to the Cobra Bafflers and they're now taking the place of my 3 and 4 irons. I 'should' be able to hit the 3 and 4 irons well but I just cannot and since the 4 hybrid gives me 200 and the 3 gives me 225, I'm happy to leave the irons at home...

Using 585H now but thinking about using Mizuno hybrid. Does anyone know if they are coming out with a new hybrid model for 2008?
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

I replaced my 5 wood with the Nickent 3DX (18.5*) this year. It was a very good move for me, and I hit many of the brands on your list... The Cleveland HiBore Hybrid came in second when I hit a bunch to see what I liked.

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

First off, I should introduce myself (I'm still "newbie" status), I'm a 37 year golf addict, I started playing when I was 26, played for 4 years, took some time off and got back into it about 2 1/2 years ago. I play as much as I can and living just north of Dallas gives me plenty of opportunity to play most of the year. Anyway, enough about me.

I use an Orlimar H830 21*. Why? Because it was cheap and it was my first foray into the world of hybrids, it's really a great trouble club, tho, I've found it's really useful for punching out from under trees and whatnot, so I'd say I'm happy with it. My only complaint would be the leftward bias of the hybrids I've tried, I'd like to get my hands on one of the Titleist models to see how they perform.

i can't believe 2 of the biggest hybrid company isn't in there.
Adams and Nickent

Has anyone tried both? How do they compare?

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

Note: This thread is 5680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!