IGNORED

Which putter do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to putters? Pros and Cons.

• Odyssey
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Never Compromise
    • Nike
    • Heavy Putter
    • Yes!
    • Ping
    • Wilson
    • Others (Please specify)

I started the year with a no name putter, but then got an odyssey wihte hot 2-ball putter, but I found a ping zing becu putter in my grandpa's bag, and he doesnt golf anymore so I'm using that. But i'm seriously thinking about getting a SC Futura.. anyone play that? pros and cons?

driver - TM r7 425 10.5* Purple Ice Stiff
3 wood - TM r7 TP 15* reg. flex fij. vista pro
7 wood - Cally Big Bertha 21* proforce stiff
4 hybrid - TM Mid 22* reg. ultralight fij.5 hybrid - Nickent 3dx Ironwood 26* fij. banzia stiff irons - Ping eye 2+ 4, 6-pw kt-m stiff wedges - Ping tour 54*...

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use a scotty cameron studio stainless newport 2 34" 340G putter with a black scotty cameron studio design grip.
What's In My Bag:

907D2 9.5° UST PROFORCE V2 75-S
PT 906F2 15° UST PROFORCE V2 FAIRWAY 75-S
PT 585.H 19° Aldila NV Hybrid 85-SMP-32 (3-P) True Temper DG R300Vokey Design SM58.08 & SM54.14 True Temper DG S200Studio Stainless Newport 2 34" 340GPRO V1x Classics Tour Style #51602Pinseeker 1500...

Had been using a Cameron Mil-Spec Platinum Newport 2 33" for about 5 years but recently switched the the Yes Tiffany. Liking the Yes Tiffany so far. It's a lighter putter than the Cameron and am still getting used to it.

FT-i 9.5* Speeder 686 Stiff
906F2 15* UST Proforce V2 75 Stiff
3DX Ironwood 17* & 20* UST Proforce V2 Stiff
MX-20 4-PW Dynamic Gold Lite S300
Vokey Oil Can 52* & 56*Yes Tiffany 34"

both odyssey and scotty cameron putters have great feel but the alignment is definitely better on the odyssey and i just feel more comfortable with odyssey
what's in the bag

Driver: looking for a new one

3 wood: Hibore 15 degreeHybrid: Halo 2 ironIrons: 704 CB 3-PWWedges: CG 10 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot XG Marxman MalletBall: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

I play a Scotty Circle T 34" 350 gram red dot Newport 2 and luckily it seems I have finally found what is the right putter for me. I have two older pings and 7 other Scotties and one other Tour Scotty. I also have a wonderful 1937 wooden shafted blade putter from St Andrews and still have my trusty old high school Bullseys putter both which which I still practice with regularly.

• 2 weeks later...
Currently playing 33" Scotty Cameron Newport 2 but will be changing the shaft to 34". Still haven't found a putter that beats this although I did have a few flirts with others...
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

I switch between a 1955 Macgregor M2 and a 1964 Macgregor IM5. Both are 35" long and have 5 degrees of loft. Why so old do you ask? Well, the heads of these are forged and they are slightly heavier than modern putters which tend to be cast or milled. Lastly these are the original designs upon which many modern putters are based and they are a lot less expensive than the Scotty Cameron copy of them.

Irons: Staff 1987 or 1967 Dyna-Power
Driver: R580
3W: Burner Bubble
5W: Quad Pro
Hybrid: Halo 3iPutter: 1955 M2

I switch between a 1955 Macgregor M2 and a 1964 Macgregor IM5. Both are 35" long and have 5 degrees of loft. Why so old do you ask? Well, the heads of these are forged and they are slightly heavier than modern putters which tend to be cast or milled. Lastly these are the original designs upon which many modern putters are based and they are a lot less expensive than the Scotty Cameron copy of them.

That is so cool! Did you acquire the putters when they were new? Can you post pictures of them? Have you reshafted them? I know an old fellow, former professional baseball player and a very fine golfer and gentleman. He plays with a 1950s era brass bullseye style putter given to him by Micky Wright after a Pro Am. The putter looks as though it's been through hell and back, but I'll be damned if that rangy old fellow can't drain 'em with the best! Which, of course makes me wonder about those who buy a new putter every year ( I'm not talking about collectors, they have an altogether different disease ), spending scads ( me included, some years ) on the latest and greatest, when there are a few guys out there putting lights out with the real bees knees!

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

That is so cool! Did you acquire the putters when they were new? Can you post pictures of them? Have you reshafted them? I know an old fellow, former professional baseball player and a very fine golfer and gentleman. He plays with a 1950s era brass bullseye style putter given to him by Micky Wright after a Pro Am. The putter looks as though it's been through hell and back, but I'll be damned if that rangy old fellow can't drain 'em with the best! Which, of course makes me wonder about those who buy a new putter every year ( I'm not talking about collectors, they have an altogether different disease ), spending scads ( me included, some years ) on the latest and greatest, when there are a few guys out there putting lights out with the real bees knees!

Thanks Shortgame. I'm not that old to have acquired these new (44), but they are in great condition. One is in original condition, the other I had refinished. Both have the original 'pencil' shafts and original leather grips. I picked mine up on ebay, but you can usually find them in bargain bins and garage sales. Play them as is or send them to The Iron Factory or Golfworks for refinishing for $20. I will try to post an image later. Many of the Scotty Cameron designs are based on many of these classic putters, including the BullsEye that you mentioned. The Napa is based on the historic Wilson 8802, The Newports are based on the Ping Ansers, The ScottyMaster is based on Macgregor IM/IMG... Why not have the original? And yes I do have a couple of Scotty Camerons.

Irons: Staff 1987 or 1967 Dyna-Power
Driver: R580
3W: Burner Bubble
5W: Quad Pro
Hybrid: Halo 3iPutter: 1955 M2

Thanks Shortgame. I'm not that old to have acquired these new (44), but they are in great condition. One is in original condition, the other I had refinished. Both have the original 'pencil' shafts and original leather grips. I picked mine up on ebay, but you can usually find them in bargain bins and garage sales. Play them as is or send them to The Iron Factory or Golfworks for refinishing for $20. I will try to post an image later.

Just for the record, youngster, I have you by a few years! By the way, if you do have the opportunity to post pictures of your putters, I'm sure there would be a lot folks on this site interested in seeing those bits of history. Thanks.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Ping Pal5.

This was the first club I ever "invested" in, way back in the early '90s. I don't ever imagine giving it up. It's face-balanced and just a little on the heavy side.

In my TM r7 Stand bag:
Driver- r11 10.5° Reg shaft

Fairway wood - r11 3 wood
Hybrids- r11 3, 4 & 5
Irons- M1 6-AW, xft 50, xft 54.12 , xft 60.08°
Still have / love my r7 CGB Max 6-PW, xft 50, xft 54.12, xft 60.08° which I keep in Myrtle Beach, Tommy Armour 855 Putter

Voted others : SlighterGolf Tacoma Custom Made

Nothing feels like a putter handmade specially for you...

You can see mine it at :

http://www.slightergolf.com/custom/c...fset=30&id;=569

Hibore XLS 10.5º Yellow Reg
909F3 13º Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Reg
Big Bertha 17º Reg
585.H 21º Graphite 4175 Reg
804.OS 4-9 Graphite 3975 Reg Vokey Spin Milled 48.06 54.14 60.10 Tess G2 35" ProV1XHome course: Ria de Vigo Golf Vigo (SPAIN)

I currently am gaming the taylormade monza corza that I bought off a member of golfwrx in the buy, sell, trade, forum for 35.00 in mint condition and I suprisingly ended up liking the putter. Prior to the monza corza I was playing an odyssey rossie II dual force which was an old favorite of mine.

10* Callaway FT-i w/ fujikura speeder 586 reg
15* Sonartec NP-99 w/ aldila nv 65 stiff
19* Sonartec NP-99 w/ aldila nv 65 stiff
4-pw Mizuno MP-60 w/ TTDG R300
52* Callaway X tour w/ TTDG R30058* Callaway X tour w/ TTDG R300

Taylormade rossa Asgi+ Daytona 1: 0 cons, i LOVE IT

Driver:10 degree HS9 F speed Stock Regular
FW: 15 degree sasquatch stiff
906F4 18.5 V2 proforce stiff
Hybrid: 21 585H V2 Proforce stiff
Irons: Cobra Fp 4-PW Nippon StiffWedges: CG12 56 degree Wedge Flex Putter: Rossa agsi+ Daytona 1 35"

Odyssey White Hot XG#7

ISLAND PAR

In my Mizuno Bag:
TBD, MacGregor 4W(16*), 3H(20*),4H(23*), 5H(26*) Mizuno MX-900 6-PWAdams Watson 2010 Wedges (GW, SW, LW),Ping Wolverine Putter "But I thought you meant these golfers from our club when you said you needed SANDBAGGERS to help with the flood...

I like the visual line from a two ball putter, but I don't like the way they feel. I like the look of my Scotty Cameron Newport 2 and especially the way it feels and weighs, my is 33 inches long and weight 350 grams.

My good friend plays the Scotty Cameron Futura putter and that putter looks weird but feel super soft off the face.

So far my best rounds are with my Newport 2 putter, so I have to stick with it.

I also have the following putters:

Callaway original arnold palmer
Yonex chrome blade putter
2 ball blade putter, Callaway
Never Compromise

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I just bought a belly putter at the golf show! Havent had a chance to use it on the course yet . Work great with my return cup though. Sink every shot.

In my bag.
Driver-Adams 9.5
3 wood-Adams
5 wood- Wilson Head Speed
6-PW-Wilson Head Speed 3-5-Hybrid-Nike SQ2 Clone SW-Tour Edge Soft cast LW-Maxfli Black Max Froged Putter-Crossfire

Note: This thread is 4109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!