IGNORED

Where do you waste the most shots?

Jeepthrills
Note: This thread is 5798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Where do you waste the most shots?

• Driver
    • Long approach/Fairway woods 180+
    • Middle Distances 130-175
    • Short Irons 90-125
    • Pitching <90
    • Chipping
    • Putting
    • Mental/Course Management

It's not the shots, its the hole, there always seems to be a couple of holes where nothing goes right . . . cruising along in control then a hole looking straight into the sun, or a blind second shot to a narrow green off a side hill lie with OB . . . Probably best to sometimes just play for bogie on those real dangerous holes.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Late in the course, I tend to get tired and don't bring my hands thru on my driver, club face stays open, ball goes OB

I think this is my problem - most wasted shots are driver - lots of OB/3-off the tee due to a mad slice.

Used to be a consistent driver, but certainly not any more. I'm thinking its time for a lesson or 2 and then lots of practice after that. Without a lesson I think I would just practice bad habits!

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

• 2 months later...
I need more than one choice on this poll! lol

But for the most part it's my short game. Anything under 100 yds. Lately chipping has cost me at least 1 stroke per hole.

Long approach for me.

I can hit my driver well off the tee and I hit my irons well but when I'm about 220 or more out, that is when, guaranteed, I'm going to flub a 3-wood shot 10 yards or slice a hybrid into the next time zone.

I'm normally in good position after my drives, but then I often miss the green on my irons and then don't chip it close enough to make the putt so I two putt and get a bogey. That is my average hole, so I know that I need to work on my irons and chipping.
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

Driving right now is kiling me as my driver has a dent in it lol, and i need a stiff shaft not a regular shaft, so its creating a nice ball spin for a slice really affecting my game

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

All the guys who say they have trouble driving or hitting long approach shots, I would recommend just avoiding them in competitive rounds.
Just lay up with a 6 iron instead of hitting a hard 5 and hitting it OB or flubbing it.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

My GIR is < 5% because of wasted tee, fairway or approach shots.

I can usually recover for bogey unless I have a day with 4-5 blowup holes in which case I just abort the round to avoid a heart attack.

My GIR is < 5% because after four years I still can't hit an iron off the deck.

I can usually recover for bogey unless I have a day with 4-5 blowup holes in which case I just abort the round to avoid a heart attack.

Still putting for me. I three putt at least 3 times a round and not because I can't get it close to the hole.
If I'm 50 feet, I'm usually certain I'll leave it inside 3 feet. Then I miss the three footer.
Been working all week on swinging the putter and accelerating through the ball.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

DEFINATELY off the tee.

It's

definitely Sorry to go grammar police on you but I don't know how many times I see people spell definitely wrong.
âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

Most of my bad shots come from my head. No i'm not a bobble head doll, I just think way too much about a shot if I have time to do it. That's why most of the time I try to hit my shot fairly quickly.

Still putting for me. I three putt at least 3 times a round and not because I can't get it close to the hole.

I just realized that you are in Pickerington; I read most of your responses, but I never looked to see where you are from. I live in Reynoldsburg!

Anyway, I have been a three putter all of my life, but this year I really made an effort to improve around the green. I haven't had a lot of time to practice, but I have managed to get out at least once a week aside from playing just to chip and put and hit out of the sand. I am ecstatic to say that I have not three putted once this season! It has been much more mental; I've developed a mindset and a routine that has really helped me.

My web design business

Usually anything inside 100 yards is hit or miss. I need to practice that short game some more.

DRIVER: MACTEC NVG2 Draw 10.5*
WOODS: Big Bertha Warbird 3&7 wood
IRONS: Magique Custom 3-9
WEDGES: PW, Horizon 56*, The Pirate 60*
PUTTER: ????BALLS: Laddie ExtremeMy Scores-http://www.oobgolf.com/golfers/pinbacksc

Note: This thread is 5798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!