IGNORED

Harrison Shotmaker Shaft Insert

Note: This thread is 3856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

What does the USGA have to say about this?  Isn't this sorta like corking a wood bat?

It's perfectly legal.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

It's perfectly legal.

Yup.  I decided to go to the website right after I posted and the first line of the first paragraph on their main page says...

"Shot maker is the first USGA rules conforming accuracy boosting golf shaft insert of its kind"

I'm trying this.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Is this similar to the Harrison Shotmaker shaft insert?

These guys were at my home course a few months ago promoting this thing and when I saw this thread I was wondering if it was the same thing.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Is this similar to the Harrison Shotmaker shaft insert?

They called it a weighting system, which is all that really is. It's not the same at all, no.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

They called it a weighting system, which is all that really is. It's not the same at all, no.

Thanks... I just saw that it went into the shaft and wondered if it was similar...  I may have to check this thing out.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Intriguing idea. Sounds almost too good to be true. Looking forward to the review when it's out.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

• 2 weeks later...

The Shotmaker conforms with USGA and R&A; rules of golf.

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

Wow, VERY interesting.  I think I may try this out.

What does the USGA have to say about this?  Isn't this sorta like corking a wood bat?

The guys from Harrison Sports contacted me this summer via Sand Trap and asked me if I would test out the Shotmaker. For those interested, here's my review from Sept. 14: http://thesandtrap.com/products/harrison-shotmaker-shaft-insert/reviews/4113

I did a controlled test on a launch monitor, and an open-air test on the 9th tee of a local golf course. My findings generally match what others have said. Two additional things:

• I put an optional 4-gram plug in the end of my shaft, after inserting the Shotmaker. This seemed to help me get a better hand drop on downswing. Butt-weighting was popular among some big hitters back in the 1970s, and shaft weights seemed to have made a comeback around 2000 (?).
  • With plug: driver + Shotmaker had a more balanced feel - less head-heavy - like the old persimmon woods.

If someone would donate me a Callaway 10.5* HyperX Tour head, I would reshaft with a new Harrison lightweight shaft I bought. Would be nice to see if I could pick up distance with lighter shaft, and it the Shotmaker would prevent loss of control. Some have suggested Shotmaker as a way to short up the weak tips of the superlight shafts.

• Upvote 1

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Originally Posted by mvmac

Nice review Tiger!

Agreed. Good job!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I just found out about this device today. It looks really cool. The reviews and photos submitted here of the SM kit have turned me from skeptical to definitely interested in the SM.

As a high-handicapper (20) that plays 1-2 per week I have some questions for you more experienced SM users...

What is "Load Factor" in the SM fitting chart? I am a 90-100 swing speed.

Someone mentioned getting fitted for the SM but it looks like you order directly from Harrison???

Does it aid in reducing side spin?

Is it only for those with a repeatable, consistent swing?

Will it fit into the 910D2 adjustable stock Kai'li shaft?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

910D2 9.5°
 Baffler Rail Fairway 3F 15.5°
IDEA Tech V3 3i 19°

G20 Hybrid  23°
JPX800PRO 5-GW

SM 56°, 64°
  KOMBI-S Mid 43"

beachgolfer,

The Harrison Sports Inc. website has a guide which fits you depending on clubhead speed and Angular Velocity (speed at which you rotate your wrists before you hit the ball).

http://www.harrison.com/

You might ask them about your shaft, it depends on tip diameter. First generation Shotmakers were made for 0.335" tips, but second wave will fit 0.350". My shaft was 0.350", and Shotmaker fit just fine.

Shotmaker won't hit the ball for you, but it will take out some of the shaft vibration and resulting sidespin.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Next Wednesday, Harrison will be presenting the new Shotmaker 17 and 18 inserts at the PGA Show Demo Day . it will be held at the Orange County National Golf Center in Orlando, FL. I want to invite all of you to drop by and try out the new Shotmaker inserts. We are located between Nike and TaylorMade Golf on Tee # 4 . We will have Flightscope launch monitor on-site to show you the results.

By the way, we have plenty of goodies to give away.

If you plan to attend the Show, Harrison is located at the ICG Hall . We will be presenting the Shotmaker on Thursday 1:30 pm at the ICG Seminar.

• 2 weeks later...

The PGA Show Demo Day was very busy. We were overwhlemed by the crowd around our tent.

We started out with one hitting bay, but soon grew to 3 hitting bays. We had a FlightScope launch monitor in our tent to show paritcipants the difference in performace. People were just amazed by what they saw.

There were dealers from all over the world: Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, China, Korea, Singaore, Thailand, Japan, Mexico, Germany, Ireland, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Spain, etc. They all wanted to carry the Shotmaker. Even the golf academy affiliated with the Old Course of St. Andrew decided to carry it.

We took some videos during the Show, and this is the link.

If you are a Shotmaker user and you want to share with fellow golfers how your game has improved since you started using the Shotmaker, all you have to do is create a video testimonial about the Shotmaker with your smart phone and reply to the Shotmaker Video Contest video at YouTube.

Rules and Prize:
One winner will be selected for each calendar quarter and the prize money is $ 1000. The winning video will be selected based on number of Views, brand Message and creativity. Winner will be announced 10 days after the end of each quarter. This contest ends on 9/31/2012. We will feature the winning video at Harrison.com and our YouTube page.

How To:
Submit your video by replying to the Shotmaker Video Contest and respond with a video by scrolling down to the comment section and selecting Create a Video Response.

Please check back regularly at Harrison.com or our YouTube page to find out if you are the winner.

• 4 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 3856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!