IGNORED

Golf fashion ?'s

Juzmi
Note: This thread is 4302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just get rid of the white belt and wear all your bright colors.

I agree except no bright pants either.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah I'm not a fan of the white belts, I think it has to much of a 70's style and just looks goofy espcially with black pants. White pants arent that bad if you are in good shape and are somewhere like down here (florida), but guys like Davis Love need to give up the white pants and stick to a classy look, only the younger guys can pull off the the "modern" golf look. Classy is always the way to go.

White belts are just a serious fashion faux pas. Not to mention the tight white pants I am seeing on so many players these days. Simply awful. the thing is, I don't mind Ian Poulter as he has some flair but Camilo and Sergio need some serious help.

I had to laugh as I was flipping around the channels one night and came across The Brady Bunch on Nick at Night. It was the Hawaii episode and Greg was wearing a white belt. Too funny.

As far as the gloves go, I have a pair of leather gloves that are almost like regular golf gloves and they have a wool back, awesome for the cold weather.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

Wear what you want, when you want. I like bright colors for shirts. I have lime green, orange and bright blue that I wear regularly. I also have a Carolina blue long sleeve mock that is great. I wear more shorts than pants, so the color oprions are a little more limited. I have been wrestling with the idea of the white belt, but have not jumped on it yet. I'm also from Michigan and I agree that most people tend to be really subdued in what they wear. I was at Carl's Golfland on Tusday and they had the white Puma belt that Ogilvy wears. It was $58 and I just couldn't justify that much for something I may not wear very often. I love the Puma stuff and the Under Armour line is great too. Adidas has some great colors and so does the new Nike line.

As far as cold/rain gear, I have a Short Sleeve Nike rain pullover that I love. I also have a long sleeve Adidas quarter zip that is water resistant and wind proof.

Just be yourself. Don't let what others think dictate what you do.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

No bright colors for me. I like to go with dark black slacks, black shoes, and either a black sweater or polo with a long sleeve under it. Alot of black, gotta love the black...

The Gary Player look...it was classy then and it still is today!

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

The Gary Player look...it was classy then and it still is today!

You can't go wrong with black. It classy and easy to match.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

What drives me a little crazy is the lack of respect that some people give the game. Most of the time I play at courses that have relaxed or no dress code. And I see all kinds of crap such as the kid playing ahead of me with an ugly untucked orange T shirt, uglier lime green shorts, runners with no socks, his buddy was not much better.

On my home course, we have a dress code, but the boys in the clubhouse don't enforce it at all. When i see I made it a soft goal this year to always show up at the course "looking" like a golfer. I may not always playing like one, but I intend to look the part.

As far as wild colors, white belts and such go, that is not for me. But if you pull off the look, and can take the redicule..go for it, as long as the clothing gives the game the respect it deserves go ahead a wear it.

What's in my bag:
Driver : R7, 10.5 degree, stock stiff shaft
16 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler DWS, with stiff stock shaft
20 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler, with Accra Shaft, Stiff
26 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler, with Accra Shaft, Stiff6 - PW - Bridgestone CG Mid, Dynamic Gold LiteWedges : TBA...

• 5 years later...

I'm pretty much shorts that are khaki or black and any color shirt I can find. I've got a few of the Puma green ones but also have some nice Polo shirts that are teal, salmon, orange, and white. White belts are something I cannot see myself wearing without a full on awkward feeling. For some reason white belts mean a great golfer or someone who fools themselves into thinking they are good.

Originally Posted by dailyDOSEofMELK

You guys should check out www.TravisMathew.com .  They have some really awesome threads that aren't to vibrant or flamboyant like Rickys' gear.  I just played a charity event in Los Angeles and got to check out some of the new Spring line that they have coming out and it's awesome!  It might be on the website, I'm not sure I haven't checked. Plus my boy Mark Wahlberg rocks their gear!!!  Let me know what you think...

This is my favorite brand by far.  A lot of younger golfers are wearing it here in SoCal.  I'm going to be 35... I'd like to think I'm still young!? :D  I had a guy the other day at the course ask what college I played for.... LOL

I have no problems with people trying to be fashionable, no matter what they wear, be it bright colors, muted colors, whatever.  The only thing that would bother me is guys out there in tattered jeans or tank tops, or whatever, tearing up the course.

But I apparently have no clue, as I am wearing a white belt right now.

Young and hip. That's me.

imagesCAJRVM4Z.jpg

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I'm 27 an live down here in the FLA and I don't wear white belts. I wear shorts on the golf course, mostly because we only get 3 days of the year when it's to cold for shorts and i would rather wait 3 days for it to warm back up :)

I do wear bright colored Polo's, I tend to like green and orange, though i will wear any color except pink or purple. I like to keep my golf apparel conservative enough so that I can wear it off the course as well.

I don't expect anyone will see me in all orange like Fowler any time soon, though i would not mind a pair of vintage looking plad pants, and I would totally rock the bobby Jones look given the proper setting.

Originally Posted by dailyDOSEofMELK

You guys should check out www.TravisMathew.com .  They have some really awesome threads that aren't to vibrant or flamboyant like Rickys' gear.  I just played a charity event in Los Angeles and got to check out some of the new Spring line that they have coming out and it's awesome!  It might be on the website, I'm not sure I haven't checked. Plus my boy Mark Wahlberg rocks their gear!!!  Let me know what you think...

You lost me at "Bubba Watson with top button done up".

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I think dressing good lowers your handicap 1 stroke.  Golf is a game of confidence and when you step up to the first tee feeling like a badass, you are setting yourself up for a good round.  I think Rickie Fowler's swag helps his game(and bank account as well).

What's in my Micro Lite Bag:

Driver: RocketBallz Tour 9
3 Wood: V Steel 15 degree
3-PW: 762 DCIGW: CG 12 52 degree

SW/LW: spin milled 56/11, 60/7

Putter: 2 Ball 35"

My standard course routine is; a U.T. orange knit shirt, or a light weight tropical shirt when it's really hot, with black or tan shorts.

In cooler weather I switch to light weight slacks.

Note: This thread is 4302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!