IGNORED

Shotly prizes?

Paradox
Note: This thread is 4537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Trying to damage control by deleting any negative references and posters.  Another poor example of their lack of business knowledge and inability to properly manage customer satisfaction.

Originally Posted by Paradox

Wow, about a week ago I had put a comment on Shotly's facebook page about the prizes...with no answer.  Now today, I see that I'm no longer a "fan" of their page and my comment has been deleted.  True class.  THe post wasn't even spiteful, just asked for information about the contest prizes.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow, about a week ago I had put a comment on Shotly's facebook page about the prizes...with no answer.  Now today, I see that I'm no longer a "fan" of their page and my comment has been deleted.  True class.  THe post wasn't even spiteful, just asked for information about the contest prizes.

That's kind of odd, their Facebook page still has tons of negative posts.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

Originally Posted by NuclearMike

Have any of the "Winners" of the contest (not the grab bag) heard anything yet?  I haven't, other than the pseudo apology e-mail that I received.

Ranjani, from Huddler, should post an update in this thread (or one of the related ones) later today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Looking forward to Ranjani's post. Yet tonight?

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Nope. An update from Ranjanis was promised but has not come. It did not come.

I have advised Ranjanis through a PM that things will escalate if nothing is done by midweek. Sweepstakes are very carefully regulated in order for consumers to have confidence in them. A company like Shotly will not be able to walk away form this. It hurts everyone/firm who wishes to use a sweepstakes in the future if we ignore those who think honoring the sweepstakes is optional.

It is no longer about just the prize for me.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Good luck.  Shotly has shown their true colors; I hope someone does pursue legal action just to teach a crappy company a lesson about handling customers and promises.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Originally Posted by Inebriated

Seems like they're giving everyone the shaft!

Anyone get it?

Shaft?

Like club shaft?

Anyone?

unfortunately they haven't given one of us even a shaft ;)

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

I know this is Shotly prizes, but I coulnd't' find their grab bag thread.

I've been quiet this whole time, but I bought one of the grab bags and never received anything in the mail. I would have been content with getting some tees, ball catcher, polo shirt, etc and not said anything. However this his how it went down:

Sept 9: ordered

Sept 26: Email saying its on the way

Oct 4: Emailed matt he said its shipped and I should receive it no later than Thursday (Oct 6)

Oct 11: Haven't gotten it. Emailed matt and got a response saying 10 people are in the same boat, haven't received their package. He'd have an update for me in the evening.

Oct 13: No update, so I email him back. He said he could give me a refund. I said OK!

Oct 14: No refund yet, emailed him again....no response. So I open a paypal dispute.

Ugh.

I DID get a reply to one of my emails back on Oct 8th from Matt. It was stuck/lost through my spam filter. I found it while searching today. It reads in part...

At this time, we are assessing the current state of our company and planning

a way to move forward.  Included in those plans is the prize fulfillment

with the TST contest.

Perhaps, if their meeting are soon enough and they the way they move forward with the TST contest is to actually fulfill the prizes, the regulators can be held at bay.

I don't mean to sound unsympathetic but based on what I've read here and other forums these guys have some major business/financial issues to deal with such as fulfilling orders from paying customers.  I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt their top priority will be to fulfill some prizes from the TST contest.  I'd write off the prize from them and be pleasantly surprised if they come through with one at some point in the future.

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

I DID get a reply to one of my emails back on Oct 8th from Matt. It was stuck/lost through my spam filter. I found it while searching today. It reads in part...

At this time, we are assessing the current state of our company and planning

a way to move forward.  Included in those plans is the prize fulfillment

with the TST contest.

Perhaps, if their meeting are soon enough and they the way they move forward with the TST contest is to actually fulfill the prizes, the regulators can be held at bay.

Joe Paradiso

No one pushed them beyond their means except themselves.  They are still liable for the things they say they are going to do.  Just saying "well, I guess the prize won't come" is the same as saying "well, you guys screwed up but its no big deal..no harm, no foul" to me.

My prize was a dozen golf balls that I don't even really need, its just the principle at this point.  At the very least, a response of SOME KIND would have been sufficient, IMO..but there hasn't even been that.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Originally Posted by newtogolf

....  I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt their top priority will be to fulfill some prizes from the TST contest.  I'd write off the prize from them and be pleasantly surprised if they come through with one at some point in the future.

That's the thing about these kind of sweepstakes. They can never walk away. They are highly regulated and you must fulfill prizes. I pretty sure officers of the company cannot ever walk away.

I agree the sweepstakes and grab bag were handled horribly by the owners.  First rule of business and life is if you screw up you immediately step up, admit it, and apologize.  People make mistakes, but their decision to go silent and let their customers stew and rip them to shreds in public forums was fatal.  The point of my post wasn't in defense of them, I just didn't want to see you both waste much of your time or energy expecting them to do the right thing with prizes when it appears they have unfulfilled paid orders for products that they haven't delivered that have nothing to do with the grab bag mess.

Originally Posted by Paradox

No one pushed them beyond their means except themselves.  They are still liable for the things they say they are going to do.  Just saying "well, I guess the prize won't come" is the same as saying "well, you guys screwed up but its no big deal..no harm, no foul" to me.

My prize was a dozen golf balls that I don't even really need, its just the principle at this point.  At the very least, a response of SOME KIND would have been sufficient, IMO..but there hasn't even been that.

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

That's the thing about these kind of sweepstakes. They can never walk away. They are highly regulated and you must fulfill prizes. I pretty sure officers of the company cannot ever walk away.

Joe Paradiso

Let's keep some perspective here.  As long as you are not out anything (monetarily) then write it off to experience.  I was not a fan of this company coming in and doing this BUT I do understand it is companies sponsorships that keep The Sand Trap up and going.  Who knows?  They may come through eventually.  Don't sweat it and enjoy this site.

I've been pretty busy over the past couple of days and just now looked back at the thread to find that there are a lot more comments.  I'm not worried about the prize itself, although it would be only proper to have it delivered to me.  It's just that there is a right and a wrong way to do things, and this contest was done the wrong way from the get go, with the promises, the lies, the lack of follow up to most questions, and the deleting of posts from their Facebook account.  Looking at the first post on the Grab Bag thread it says something to the effect of "Why don't you throw some money our way!".  I'm glad that I didn't, since it appears from the comments that it would have been just that- throwing some money to them.  If I had received my prize from the TST contest before they started the second contest I probably would have participated in the Grab Bag.

Note: This thread is 4537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!