IGNORED

Is it OK or "uncool" to have address labels on your clubs?

Artimas
Note: This thread is 3818 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Address labels on your clubs is :

• cool
    • not cool

If anone else even notices that you have these tiny labels on your clubs they're not focusing on their own game.

I'd recommend them if you are prone toleaving clubs lying around.

A better idea is to develop a routine where you leave yoiur wedge or whatever in a spot between the green and your buggy so you pretty much can't avoid stepping on it after you've putted out.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

This is a sport activity where perfectly healthy people drive around in funny looking green cars, some drink while playing, some wear funny looking trousers or plaid pants not from this world, some who have corporate logos plastered every aspect of their clothing and equipment for which they get paid nothing. I think cool is all relative.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Artimas

Disagreement in my foursome whether putting address labels on your clubs is cool or not.

Your vote?

It's a great idea if you do a lot of travelling and happen to leave a club behind.

Also handy in case your luggage ends up in Atlanta again.

Yea, gotta say if you are polling golfers about what is cool or not, you are asking the wrong group.  Golfers ( as a group ) are not cool.  Ever see those really bad comedy videos done by pro golfers.  I think the pga etc. are trying to make them look down to earth and approachable.  Doesn't work. Golfers are ususally stoic, quiet geeks.  Just look your old high school golf team.  Not many of them dating the cheerleaders.

Originally Posted by nevets88

This is a sport activity where perfectly healthy people drive around in funny looking green cars, some drink while playing, some wear funny looking trousers or plaid pants not from this world, some who have corporate logos plastered every aspect of their clothing and equipment for which they get paid nothing. I think cool is all relative.

First of all, there are some pretty unhealthy golfers ... and they kick my ass.

Secondly, some of us drink when we're not playing too.

Thirdly, my relatives aren't cool at all.

What was the question?

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

• 2 years later...
Cool or Uncool - sounds so teenager. To quote Hillary Clinton - " What difference does it make? " If u screw up and lose a club, with a N/A shaft label on it the club has a very good chance of finding it's way back to you. Most labels I have encountered even include phone number.

Never used them nor heard of anybody that does. My OCD senses are tingling now though... Must...  Not... Buy.... ;)

Anyway it's a bit of a give-away if someone happens to spot the address on the clubs before a round isn't it? Bob Smith, 123 Concrete Avenue. He'll not be home for 4 hours at least; let's rob the place. lol

('twas but a joke before anyone assumes I'm condoning thievery) :whistle:

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

My 9-iron mysteriously disappeared several years ago. Couldn't find it anywhere, and nobody turned it in. Then, after a couple more years, I got a call from a guy who found it, stuck in some bushes outside the rough (no, I didn't throw it - apparently got pulled out of my bag while looking for my ball). Needless to say, if it didn't have a label, I'd never see it again. Now that's cool.

• Upvote 1

I wouldnt say its cool or uncool.  It is kind of pointless though.  If someone finds your club and is a person of quality, they will turn your club into the clubhouse.  If not, they are going to keep your club.  Having your name, address and phone number on the club isnt going to matter either way, IMO.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I wouldnt say its cool or uncool.  It is kind of pointless though.  If someone finds your club and is a person of quality, they will turn your club into the clubhouse.  If not, they are going to keep your club.  Having your name, address and phone number on the club isnt going to matter either way, IMO.

And if your name and phone number are on the club, the clubhouse can call you and say, "We have your club".  It is pretty simple.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I put labels on my wedges and putter, clubs that can be forgotten near the green. My personal info is limited to name and ph number. Not sure why it would be considered uncool. It's pretty far from monogrammed towels and sheets. It's not a fashion statement it's about loss prevention. Nobody is going to see it unless they have your club in hand. Anyone out on the course looking at another's shaft bands is clearly not there to golf. I get it if people aren't into white belts and the like but a half inch strip of gold foil...Really?

Dave :-)

I have labels on my wedges as I notoriously leave them when riding in a cart (another reason I like to walk the course).  But I don't know how effective they are.  Since I got the labels, I've left a club twice.  Both times it was turned into the clubhouse and both times when I asked if they considered calling me - they had not noticed that the club had a label on it.

Disagreement in my foursome whether putting address labels on your clubs is cool or not.

Your vote?

What is wrong with address labels? Haven't you ever inadvertently left a club somewhere? Chances are pretty good that you will get it back. I've left clubs numerous times and always got them back. I one time left a club on a course in Myrtle Beach and they FedEx'd it to me.

Bill M

Every club I have ever belonged to (and I have belonged to a number of them) puts labels on automatically. The only complaint I ever heard was from my wife. She was offended that hers said Mrs. John Doe (as opposed to her given name).

Note: This thread is 3818 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!