IGNORED

Your 2012 Golf Goals - Official Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 4090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• To play more than the ten rounds I got to put in this year (due to a child...which is awesome, FYI)
  • Practice with my son around the short game practice area now down the street from me
  • Be in the hunt in the USGA Public Links Qualifier come May/June time frame
  • Join a new men's club across town and play the course decent enough to contend (though I've only played the course once before...)
  • Get back to having fun playing this wonderful game :-)
underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

I believe if you hit no.2 then 1 and 3 will follow nicely with it...  GL!

Originally Posted by Dave H

1. Get my handicap into the teens

2. Hit more greens

3. Improve my mental outlook while on the course

1. Improve short game Mostly putting.  This year I have been streaky with my putter.  Def. lost around 5 sub-par rounds from a cold putter.

2.  Play in at least 1 tournament (hopefully more) I am 29, haven't played in a tournament since high school.  I want to see what I shoot in pressure situations.  Also I would like to play in scrambles more.  They are fun as hell.

3.  Practice, Practice, Practice Practice more

4.  Improve on GIR and FW I got a new driver mid-season and improved my accuracy by 9%.  Hopefully my new irons will provide a boost in GIR's

5.  Find a ball and stick with it I keep changing balls.  This year I have played almost every kind of premium and mid-grade ball.  Can't seem to find the one that love.

1. TRY to play more rounds of golf - just had a newborn early this year...AND I'm having another one in a few months and also nursing a back injury

2. Be a good father

3. Play a tournament or two

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

1. Reach a 12 handicap before I go to University.

2. Continue to play at my University (depends which uni I end up going to).

3. Improve my mental game.

4. Improve bunker shots.

5. Be a great golfer!

I cant wait!! No matter how much Golf knocks me down, my motivation never seems to dip.

I have a goal for the end of 2012, and it's going to be the most serious I've ever taken a goal, and that is to get my handicap down to 4. It may or may not happen, but I'm going to stop at nothing, including practice, lessons, stat tracking etc, to make sure that I gave it my best shot. I'm starting 2012 off 8.9, BRING IT ON!!!

1. Break 80: I've shot 80 and 81 on back to back days but missed a couple of short 5 ft putts.

2. Shoot Par: I made a bet with a friend that i would shoot even before the end of the school year in June. My chipping is what holds me back

3. Finish in Top 10 in at least 1 SFPGA event: I also am shooting to finishing T5 and maybe even winning one

4. Average under 33 putts per round: My putting has held me back i usually putt around 35 to 34 putts but also dont always land the ball on the green close to flag. I switched to a Super Stroke FATSO grip and it has really helped out my speeds

5. Earn a scholarship: I really think I have a chance to earn one if I can bring me down to shooting in the 70s which I'm really close of doing.

1. Hit 60% fairways

2. GIR 50%

3. Scrambling 45%

4. Cap below 5.0

5. Work on Pre-shot routine

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Combining some tuition and dedicated practice to.....

• Hit 50% fairways (46.4%)
  • Hit 45% GIR (42.7%)
  • Scramble 22.5% (18.5%)
  • Putt per hole 1.8 (2.0)
  • Putt per GIR 1.9 (2.2)
  • Set new personal best score (+8)
  • Break into single digits (12.3)

But his time, I want to keep tabs on these goals and really see them through. I posted in last years thread and have no idea how I went through the year.... (time to check that out!)

Made a lot of progress this year, thanks to many hours on the driving range. Hadn't be doing that the years before. I turned into a bogey golfer. Shooting rounds around 90.

my goals for next year.

1. continuing my work on the driving range during the winter months and into next season. At least 2 times 2 hours a week.

2. Work on my putter. I was so inconsistent last year. Made about 3 to 4 three puts per round. And even made some 4 putts. I think i can easily gain 3 to 4 shots a round, with being a better putter. Going to take a few lessons for it.

3. consistently shooting below 90. Made a lot of 90's, 91's, 92's last year. I want only 80's next year.

4. Break my best score of 85.

5. Shoot below par on my home course. ( it's a 9 holes par 3). holes between 100 and 180 yards.  Made par 3 years ago. Last year my best score was +2. I was striking the ball a lot better this year, then when i hit par, but i screwed all my good rounds up with horrible putting.

6. Play some tournaments.

Originally Posted by inthehole

Logged 63 rounds during my first year to date & dozens of range sessions - this was my "catch up" year, and so far, I've played so much I've surpassed my bro's who've golfed 20+ years & at least equalled my office mates games.     Happy with the first year overall.      I think I can talk the wife into letting me get in 50 rounds next year.     Spend more time at the club practice range - at least one night at the range for every two nights on the course.     Continue to work on hitting proper divots with the wedges - ball first, ground after ... coming along, but still too many bladed shots & inconsistent with proper ball contact.     Most important thing is to develop a hip slide that doesn't tear up my old back & get the weight off my rear foot - gotta get that worked out, which is job #1.    I flirted with the 80's this year - want to get there on a consistent basis next year - thats my main goal.     Oh, and eliminate the blowout holes - every round, there's at least one 8 or 9 or worse ... this has got to stop.

Just wanted to add that I would like to go through the process and get a legit handicap & might be fun to play in a few club tournaments even at my level (I like to compete in everything else I've done - might give me the spark to get to the next level).

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am a beginner in golf and I am not really interested about this before. My father was the one who is interested about golf, he would just like me to play with it. However, as the time goes by I started to have interest about it. But as of now I don't have really an idea on what to achieve or goals for me to be good in playing it.

1. More time to practice.

2. Give more focus on the instruction given.

3. Long patience.

Note: This thread is 4090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!