IGNORED

My Swing (Ernest Jones)

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 2938 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Then he can cook for you, and tell you made-up stuff about eight-day weeks and 18-hour days in Canada.

And maybe he'll type out the name of that cheese he talked about so I can find it.

@iacas

Friulano

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

AAaaahh....

Puotine???

Doesnt Mcdonalds actually serve that in Canada?

When I used to go to Canada fishing, we would order that all the time.

McDonald's poutine is like McDonald's burgers, barely worth eating.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator
@iacas Friulano

Thanks. I wanted to search for "fruitlandia" and I guess that was closer.

Anyway… now that I got my question answered, this should be back to the topic. :D :D :D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@iacas Friulano [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/94401/] [/URL]

Not familiar with it. Similar to a gruyere?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Haven't had an opportunity to practice anything that I learned in Erie but I'm going to play on a sim tonight so we'll see...I did hit a shit ton of balls in Erie so it's a least a little bit ingrained.

Plan is to just close the face a touch at address and trust the explosion piece. If I'm still hitting blocks that won't draw, I'll aim left and play the block all night.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Good and bad last night. Beat the next best player in my threesome by 19 strokes but I still shot a 106, lol. Harbour Town on the sim so somewhere around 6600 yrds, with a rating around 73/141. A real monster compared to my usual goat tracks.

Pros:

• Kept my driver in play for the most part
  • lots more distance on my irons when hit well
  • Positive swing path all night, hitting pushes but very manageable, a handful drew back.

Cons:

• putting is crap on a sim, dropped too many strokes due to that
  • too many fat irons, need more practice time, I'd rather hit 'em thin but I was on the fat side...
  • too much drinking going on which just lead to more mishits as the night wore on
  • 4 water balls (2 on the same hole :doh: ) and 1 OB
  • similar to the putting, short game shots are hard to gauge as you can't get a real feel for the green.

All in all, I saw some great improvement that will eventually show-up on the score card. In fact, pretty sure I played well enough to card a decent score on a less challenging course with real putting. C'mon summer!

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

All in all, I saw some great improvement that will eventually show-up on the score card. In fact, pretty sure I played well enough to card a decent score on a less challenging course with real putting. C'mon summer!

with winter being as long as its been, i think we might have 2 good weeks of golf at the end of July and beginnning of August...

Colin P.

with winter being as long as its been, i think we might have 2 good weeks of golf at the end of July and beginnning of August...

Yep, and then it'll be time to get the shovel back out...

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• Administrator
Awesome GDaddy! This is more or less my piece right now too. Can't wait to see some of my own progress. Sadly, it snowed last night and is supposed to snow again on Sunday.

Remember, Jason, it's not quite your piece really. Your piece is more about doing this very early in the downswing, so that your left shoulder starts to rise up sooner, and stop the "adding flex" which steepens the shoulders from 4 to 5. You get to rip that shoulder up and left FAST, almost right from 4.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Remember, Jason, it's not quite your piece really. Your piece is more about doing this very early in the downswing, so that your left shoulder starts to rise up sooner, and stop the "adding flex" which steepens the shoulders from 4 to 5. You get to rip that shoulder up and left FAST, almost right from 4.

Yeah, not exactly my piece but when I get my piece right I definitely feel my legs straighter and my butt more tucked. Reviewing the video with the hula hoop often just to remind myself how FAST and immediate this move needs to be. I'm getting really antsy for the ranges to open so I can GET TO WORK on this stuff.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I've been practicing this move with a 2L bottle of Coke in my hands instead of a golf club. Easy to get the feel this way. If I don't get that shoulder up and left I can feel the energy of the swing going low and weak right. If I want to launch that pop bottle far down range I need to really explode up and around. I think this is a good way for me to drill this move indoors while I watch the snow fall. I might even post some video of this for fun.

Basically the same idea as the old "boulder toss" from Dave.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got back from the first range session of the season. Handful of pull-hooks to start. Just focused on my piece from Erie. Reverted to my typical push after that. Kept on focusing on my piece and ignored the results. Last two thirds of the bucket were baby draws right on target. Miss is still a push but it's getting there. Lots more height, distance was hard to gauge due to zero roll out. Range is half snow and half muck.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Very nice, must be nice being able to get back out there! Did you only use one club the whole time? Did you do any taping? I think if I remember correctly your piece is really firing through after a6 am I right or is that someone else's priority?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

• Administrator
I think if I remember correctly your piece is really firing through after a6 am I right or is that someone else's priority?

Not so much. He knows what he has to do - and it's more like at 4. The stuff you see after impact is a result.

Not so much. He knows what he has to do - and it's more like at 4. The stuff you see after impact is a result.

ok... I was just curious that's all.. I look forward to seeing more of the new swing Earnest!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Very nice, must be nice being able to get back out there! Did you only use one club the whole time? Did you do any taping? I think if I remember correctly your piece is really firing through after a6 am I right or is that someone else's priority?

No video but ball flight was great once I worked out the kinks. Mostly 6 iron but I also hit some driver, 4h and 8 iron. Couple pitch shots with my 56*. Pitch shots were ok but not great. I kind wish I had done the Erie trip a little closer to the season but when opportunity knocks you best be answering the door. [quote name="iacas" url="/t/54175/my-swing-ernest-jones/600_100#post_975790"] Not so much. He knows what he has to do - and it's more like at 4. The stuff you see after impact is a result. [/quote] Yep. It went well too. I'll try to get some video up this week. Been practicing with a 2 litre bottle full of water instead of a club. Really helps me feel the left shoulder move.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Getting great trajectory. In the past my good shots were always bullets but now they really get up there and drop softly, much easier to be accurate this way!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• Administrator

Getting great trajectory. In the past my good shots were always bullets but now they really get up there and drop softly, much easier to be accurate this way!

Good to hear!

Note: This thread is 2938 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!