IGNORED

My Swing (Beachcomber)

Beachcomber

Originally Posted by nevrino

What exactly is it that you wanna change in A6 and A7?

Why did you not copy grants A2? Anything you dislike with it?

1.) A2... I admit, I could/should go back and clean up A2 a hair.  But when I tried getting my arm that far across (and in) on my chest at A2, I was hitting shanks several months back.  So I modified the move slightly to work for me.  The right arm takeaway is actually the biggest culprit at A2 - as it isn't pulling the left arm and folding on the same plane as Grant.

2.) A6 / A7 - right leg / foot.  Foot needs to bank inward and the leg straighter.  It is a loading/transfter issue from A4 to A5 that is missing to fix the right legt/foot.

I don't have a Posterior view of Grant (if anyone has it - please post one or send it to me for reference).  I'd like to use it to see some of the moves a little better.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by bunkerputt

Getting closer.  Get a hula hoop and put it around your shoulders.  Make practice motions keeping the axis and inclination of the circle fixed, and point it a little more down at the ball too.  Don't go crazy C-posture.  A little medicine is all it takes, as Harvey Penick used to say.  Keep the lumbar in an "engaged neutral" position.  The butt will naturally move back some as the legs bend and the chest faces the ground more at address to counterbalance.  Also, don't be married to your current club fitting.  Grip down until you can get some mechanics ingrained if need be.  Then get refit for length.  My 2 cents.

Interesting point.  Never thought about that.  But did notice that if I bent over more - to get closer to Grants setup - I couldn't hit the ball.  So you're right - it is probably a club fitting issue at that point?

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

1.) A2... I admit, I could/should go back and clean up A2 a hair.  But when I tried getting my arm that far across (and in) on my chest at A2, I was hitting shanks several months back.  So I modified the move slightly to work for me.  The right arm takeaway is actually the biggest culprit at A2 - as it isn't pulling the left arm and folding on the same plane as Grant.

2.) A6 / A7 - right leg / foot.  Foot needs to bank inward and the leg straighter.  It is a loading/transfter issue from A4 to A5 that is missing to fix the right legt/foot.

I don't have a Posterior view of Grant (if anyone has it - please post one or send it to me for reference).  I'd like to use it to see some of the moves a little better.

Watch this models right leg at A4.  Also notice at A4 - what the hips are doing... Left hip is lower than right - and hips begin to slide toward target.  This is what I'm trying to incorporate into my swing... Which will prevent the right leg from collapsing - or moving in toward the ball.  Also should help eliminate a little of the big reverse C finish I'm currently battling.

Here ya go

Centered pivot

See ball in right pocket and right shoulder lining up to median line

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Watch this models right leg at A4.  Also notice at A4 - what the hips are doing... Left hip is lower than right - and hips begin to slide toward target.  This is what I'm trying to incorporate into my swing... Which will prevent the right leg from collapsing - or moving in toward the ball.  Also should help eliminate a little of the big reverse C finish I'm currently battling.

Ok I see, so what you're after is more lateral and less rotation in the hips? When you say reverse C do you mean that your secondary axis tilt is too much at the finish?

I don't seem to get what a centered pivot is but after seeing what mvmac posted im going to film my swing this way next time on range, think I will definitly see some weird stuff since I've never filmed myself this way before.

I feel more confused today then usually

Originally Posted by nevrino

Ok I see, so what you're after is more lateral and less rotation in the hips?

Funny, Beach and I are currently working on the exact opposite things.  I slide my hips all the way to Bolivian  (Mike Tyson reference!) and don't get enough rotation.  Can I trade you some of my hip slide for some rotation??

Off topic:  When I saw your post #147 preview all I saw was "model," "legs," and "hips" and thought you were posting pictures of something else.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Funny, Beach and I are currently working on the exact opposite things.  I slide my hips all the way to Bolivian  (Mike Tyson reference!) and don't get enough rotation.  Can I trade you some of my hip slide for some rotation??

Off topic:  When I saw your post #147 preview all I saw was "model," "legs," and "hips" and thought you were posting pictures of something else.

Hahaha... That wouldn't be 'work' appropriate, now would it? :P

Here is a cool compilation I filmed tonight off to the side of the range at Rancho.  I really like this around the world compilation as it shows me what the hell I'm doing a little better.  The divots were flying!

I gotta redo this someday at a range where I can get all four camera views hitting a golf ball (Oak Creek session calling my name??).

You have a very nice swing. Do you work at all on getting out of flexion a bit more? I think that could be part of the right knee kick in issue.

So the thought is getting that left leg straighter sooner, like P7.5 to P8.

That is me being picky though.

Michael

• Administrator
Originally Posted by mchepp

Me being picky would be to feel more like an Annika/Duval feeling and not keep looking for the keys you dropped on the ground, BC. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

A little sequence mock-up so that I can see where some of my deficiencies remain.  Still need to work on that damn right elbow placement at A4.  It really starts to break down once I get to A6xxx.

Originally Posted by iacas

Me being picky would be to feel more like an Annika/Duval feeling and not keep looking for the keys you dropped on the ground, BC. :)

LOL.  WTH does this mean?  I need a decoder ring.

Originally Posted by mvmac

A4 with the pivot looks nice.

Yes, I was pleased with the right leg/pocket placement.  Thanks to you and James for the tips!!

Evolvr ROCKS people .  Stop doinking around with crappy instructors and sign up with guys that know what they are talking about!!

LOL.  WTH does this mean?  I need a decoder ring.

Wait, I know something about a golf swing that you don't??  That can't be right!  One thing that was fairly unique to both Annika and David Duval was that they looked up much earlier than most people, possibly even prior to contact.  At full speed it almost appeared that they were looking towards the target at impact.  I imagine Erik is suggesting that you are keeping your eyes focused on the ground too long.

P.S.  Go check out my post in the member review lamkin thread.

Originally Posted by mchepp

You have a very nice swing. Do you work at all on getting out of flexion a bit more? I think that could be part of the right knee kick in issue.

So the thought is getting that left leg straighter sooner, like P7.5 to P8.

Yeah - I haven't really focused on A7xxx that much because I've been working so much on other items...  My Swing thread kind of documents the process todate:

1.) Right Elbow placement (A4)

2.) Grip changes

3.) Left Arm Straight

4.) Right Forearm Takeaway

5.) Hinging of Left Wrist

6.) Right Leg Flexion

7.) Pivot Sequencing

8.) Arms/Shoulders/Hips/Legs - Rhythm and Sequencing

I'm just really at the point where I feel like I have a better understanding of what the hell I should even be doing to get into a TGM/MORAD/SNT/5SK swing pattern.  I list all of these various instruction - as I've 'barrowed' pieces from each.  And tried to incorporate them into my swing.  So the vast majority of my time has been simply educating myself on what is good instructional doctrine to incorporate into my swing.

Now I think I have a lot of the pieces - and just need to clean up a lot of the areas where I breakdown.

(1.) A4 needs to be cleaned up with my right elbow placement... Been a major focus - but still not nailing it yet.

(2.) A6xxxx Right leg collapsing toward the ball - needs to be eliminated - I'm working on this now.  It is a pivot breakdown which I just need to learn the 'dance step'.

(3.) A7xxxx Left leg needs to straighten earlier - again a pivot breakdown.

(4.) It looks like I need to learn how to get a little better lag (in the transition) - I think this is simply experimenting with my grip pressure - but I don't want to start toying with this until I clean up the mechanics of the swing.

Right now - I'm focused on the pivot - to clean up the legs.  So perhaps early flexion is something I can try?  I'm not sure??  I need to discuss it with my instructor(s).

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Wait, I know something about a golf swing that you don't??  That can't be right!  One thing that was fairly unique to both Annika and David Duval was that they looked up much earlier than most people, possibly even prior to contact.  At full speed it almost appeared that they were looking towards the target at impact.  I imagine Erik is suggesting that you are keeping your eyes focused on the ground too long.

P.S.  Go check out my post in the member review lamkin thread.

Ha!  You're kidding right?!  I'm a noob to this entire process!!!

I'm just in sales and can sell... So when I hear / learn a concept - and pick it up... I can teach it or repeat it to others fairly quickly.  Unfortunately, I don't know all the concepts!! :D  So why don't you fill me in on this 'peaking' concept.

The dropping my keys comment - I wasn't sure if he was referring to 5SK... And losing Key 1 and 2... Which causes Key 4 issues??  I'm not sure???

Again, need a decoder ring.