IGNORED

low-spin (straight) balls counter productive for SnT pattern??

Note: This thread is 4565 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Why don't you take your sandy v----- (ryhmes with Regina) to another thread where you can duke it out?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, that was called for.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Just a little eh?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Why don't you take your sandy v----- (ryhmes with Regina) to another thread where you can duke it out?

Great way to get people to help you.

• Upvote 1

Constantine

Love the help, not a fan of the bickering about who's terminology is right, especially when it has no real bearing on the topic. It seems like you two are importing a feud from another thread.

Anyway, it's all in good fun. No offense intended. If offense was taken then my apologies, I guess I over-estimated (or did I pull-draw it?) the thicknesss of peoples skin.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Love the help, not a fan of the bickering about who's terminology is right, especially when it has no real bearing on the topic. It seems like you two are importing a feud from another thread.

Anyway, it's all in good fun. No offense intended. If offense was taken then my apologies, I guess I over-estimated (or did I pull-draw it?) the thicknesss of peoples skin.

Then just say we're off topic then. Don't go about it the way you did and then further insult me by saying I don't have thick skin. Get a clue, dude. It's the internet and stuff gets lost in translation all the time.

Look, just to add to this, I realize you're joking now, but please don't assume I think you are if we've never chatted or joked before elsewhere on the forum or chat room. It's one thing if I have a history with you on here and I know your style. This is our first interaction.

For future reference, I do apologize for going off topic, and I do have thick skin, based on how many debates I've gotten into over the years on this site, but come on, man. You have 200 something posts. Who knows what kind of a guy you're like given all the trolls who pop in here every so often.

Also, given how much I've said I can move the golf ball with draw or hook spin (unintentionally a lot of the time) using a total rock of a golf ball, that further supports the argument that a low spin ball will spin like crazy given a certain player's swing pattern.

Constantine

• Administrator

Uhm, no. The lower spin (i.e. distance) golf balls behave quite similarly in spin axis manipulation (i.e. "sidespin") as the top tier urethane balls. They just lack a little spin around the greens.

By "similarly" I mean that their spin axis is virtually identical, but the amount of total is about 5-10% less. Not a lot of difference. Your golf balls aren't going straight because you're using lower spinning golf balls. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

It's the internet and stuff gets lost in translation all the time.

BINGO!

PS. telling someone to "get a clue dude" is pretty insulting, and high horsey too.

*end of transmission.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Quote:

It's the internet and stuff gets lost in translation all the time.

BINGO!

PS. telling someone to "get a clue dude" is pretty insulting, and high horsey too.

*end of transmission.

I thought you had thick skin? I guess I misjudged that.

Constantine

I thought you had thick skin? I guess I misjudged that.

It's all good my friend. Skin (and head) is like a rock ;-)

So I trust we can move on? No lingering animosity? I'm not here to argue, just here because no one I know is as obsessed about golf as I am!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Thanks Erik

On another note, this site is awesome. Thinking on becoming a supporter just to give back. I've learned more on this forum than every book, video and hacker tip I've ever encountered.

I think becoming a Supporter AND joining Evolvr are GREAT ideas

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

I think becoming a Supporter AND joining Evolvr are GREAT ideas

I don't think I have the proper camera nor time for evolvr but will certainly think about being a supporter to help give back to a community that is giving away so much great (and free) help.

I will also think out possible repercussion before posting friendly jabs next time! The internet really needs a "just kidding around" font although I thought the smiley faces were supposed to convey that sentiment. In any case, great site. Cheers to beers!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Yeah, that was called for.

When I first saw this I though you were genuinely agreeing that it was called for, as you and Jetfan were having an off-topic battle of words that seemed to have little to nothing to do with my thread. Having digested Jetfans reaction I now realize that you may have been offended, if that is the case - sorry bro - no harm intended. Play on!

To busy rollin' to be trollin'.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Don't worry about it, EJ. I apologize as well for saying "get a clue." I agree, forum battles are a waste of everyone's time. That's not why we post here.

Yea, none of my pals are that into golf sad to say. Some of them like golf and play a few times a year, but I gotta come here to mingle with my fellow nut-jobs.

Have you seen this article yet on how to film your swing properly? You'll get a lot more responses on your My Swing Thread with a real solid clip or two of your swing. Also, evolvr is a fair deal. Something to think about.

Constantine

Yes I read the article. My angles are a little off as I had to use a chair instead of a tripod but I think i got the rest ok. LOL that's why there is a rake in every video, so I can align myself properly with the camera! My biggest (non-swing related) problem is my camera doesn't have a fast enough fps so there is a lot of really useful frames that may or may not be captured but I figured half-assed is better than nothing and it could be an eternity before I have a better camera.

I'm really hopeful that I just need a little tweak grip wise to get that face a touch more closed to the path to get those pushes bending back to center. Will be working on not rolling the face open so much on my takeaway too.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Actually you don't roll it open on the backswing. I just watched the clip again. But at P6, in slow mo, I'd check to see where its pointing. Still, might not hurt if its a push you fight.

Some face-on pictures:

Beginning to cast.

Picture 3.png

Charlie Wie: Hips more forward, Right elbow tucked closer to the body, more wrist cock

Picture 7.png

Minimal axis tilt, hips not forward enough, arms retracting, elbow way too far apart

Picture 4.png

Right foot banking laterally, hips forward, arms fully extended

Picture 8.png

I like what uttexas said in your thread too. Prioritize. But here are some downswing ideas to think about.

Doing this drill, you can work on hips forward, straighter arms, and the elbows staying closer together.

PS- It would be clearer and better explained via evolvr, but you get what you pay for as they say

• Upvote 1

Constantine

Minimal axis tilt, hips not forward enough, arms retracting, elbow way too far apart

Ouch. It hurts looking at that one! I need to get some new VDO. Pretty sure I'm pushing my hips forward much better now which will hopefully take care of the arm extension? I'm a little wary of consciously working on that position as things are movin'pretty damn fast at that point. Would you say that this is something that will fix itself if I get some of the earlier stuff happening properly? IE: sliding hips and good right footwork?

The way I was hitting them last week at the dome felt pretty good. They were very long and felt like they were compressing big time (made an awesome sound anyway) - still a fair amount of pushes but they felt very solid none the less. I know feel isn't real but the sound the impact makes should be a fairly reliable indicator of the quality of the impact no?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

"just here because no one I know is as obsessed about golf as I am!"

ditto.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Note: This thread is 4565 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!