IGNORED

Gallery Update (January 4th Huddler Platform Update)

iacas
Note: This thread is 4515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Here are the abbreviated release notes.

Features:

• Improved photo upload page
    We added a selector to the photo upload page that lets you select the target album you want to upload to, or create a new album on the fly. Previously you had to click into an album and only THEN could you upload photos. It's a simple enhancement but a good one, and also paves the way for a few of the Galleries improvements that are still on the way. This is the only image gallery change to be aware of in the Jan. 4 release. Phases 2 and 3 of our Galleries overhaul are still on the way in future releases. Phase 1 already happened a month or so ago.
  • Product addition: support for new vendors
    Until now, we've used Amazon's product search engine almost exclusively for on-site product addition. After this update, we'll be able to utilize Amazon or many other vendors who offers a search API.
  • Performance improvements
    Forum list pages saw some performance work in this cycle (any page that begins with /f got about .25 seconds faster to generate on the back end). HTTP request bundling was also optimized further.

Fixes:

This is the bug list at present. This is subject to change before the release date, and does not include things we fix on an emergency basis between releases.

• 7838 - Problems with incorrect image embed URLs were corrected.
  • 7860 - We resolved an error that was preventing infractions from being applied to user-added products in some cases.
  • 3017 - It will now be more clearly messaged to the user when reviews are automatically held for moderation by Defensio.
  • 7325 - A couple of category-specfic product add problems were resolved (Irons on The Sand Trap, for example).
  • 7362 - A small alignment issue with unread PM highlighting in the homepage module was resolved.
  • 7396 - Sidebar in-page messages had problems with links not clicking.
  • 7495 - A few problems adding images to new products were resolved.
  • 7688 - We improved the responsiveness of the search results to image additions and deletions.
  • 7711 - Some users received verification emails with malformed "click here to verify" URLs. The process by which these are generated, expired, and regenerated on resend is now more robust.
  • 7745 - Users attempting to use censored words in a thread title will now see the more specific error message: "Oh my. Santa's been informed you have a potty mouth."
  • 7792 - The subscribed threads page experienced some serious issues with sort order and pagination when the "only show unread items" preference was on. This has been fixed.
  • 7803 - We now make empty default galleries invisible so that Google won't try to crawl them (404s lie within).
  • 7840 - Incorrect meta description tags on Article pages were fixed (thanks Rob)
  • 7859 - Several Javascript load order errors in IE were fixed
  • 6758 - Post-edit time limits no longer apply to Classifieds forums (thanks Erik) (This means that you can edit your Classifieds in The Marketplace to change the price, add pictures later on, etc. Yay!!!)
  • 7409 - Pregenerate thumbnails for album pages so they load faster.
  • 7416 - Solved some isolated problems with navigating articles by tag.
  • 7420 - The "Cancel" button in the full page editor should now play nice with IE9
  • 7732 - When clicking into an album, directly to the last image, the functionality to click the image and go to the next one was broken for the entire duration you browsed that album (what a mouthful).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm glad you know how to do this stuff!

I have had one issue that seems odd.  In some threads the side-bar or block of info (i.e. reviews) on the right side will cover part of the responses for the first few in the thread.  This doesn't happen on the laptop (Windows XL) but does on my home PC with Windows Vista (yuk!).  The screen resolutions are different with the laptop at 1920 x 1200 and the home pc at 1600 x 1024.  Is this a Vista issue or screen resolution issue?

And I know you like Macs!  I do as well, but don't have one.

Thanks for you help.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Originally Posted by boogielicious

I'm glad you know how to do this stuff!

I have had one issue that seems odd.  In some threads the side-bar or block of info (i.e. reviews) on the right side will cover part of the responses for the first few in the thread.  This doesn't happen on the laptop (Windows XL) but does on my home PC with Windows Vista (yuk!).  The screen resolutions are different with the laptop at 1920 x 1200 and the home pc at 1600 x 1024.  Is this a Vista issue or screen resolution issue?

And I know you like Macs!  I do as well, but don't have one.

Thanks for you help.

Scott, can you start a thread with a screenshot? 1600 should be wide enough not to have any overlapping.

Thanks.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Will do when I get home.

Thanks.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I've attached a screen shot of the issue.  Let me know if you can open this.  I couldn't get the browser to print the screen shot directly.

Scott

My Swing Thread

[ATTACHMENT=130]screen shot.docx (385k. docx file)[/ATTACHMENT] I've attached a screen shot of the issue.  Let me know if you can open this.  I couldn't get the browser to print the screen shot directly.

You're just talking about YouTube videos, right? I get the same thing on my Mac, with a resolution of 1680x1050, but only when I don't have the window completely maximized.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

Yeah, what I'm seeing is that the site fits fine but the YouTube video, which isn't dynamically sized (its size is "set" firmly) is cut off.

There's not much we can do about that except to make the videos smaller across the entire site, and I'd really prefer not to do that.

The update, btw, was pushed back to today.

No worries about the You tube.  They can be opened in another window.  I just thought is was odd how it was sizing.  I am going to dump my other computer because it's old and slow (like me!!!).

Scott

My Swing Thread

I've seen that sort of overlapping embedded video bug on another site as well. I think that the options there are limited, except maybe try to promote the embedded video to the top layer and have it be over the other elements. But that seems not only potentially difficult, but not really desired behavior either.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Note: This thread is 4515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!