IGNORED

Check out what Ryan Moore is doing at my home course...

xxsoultonesxx
Note: This thread is 4466 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am really excited about his RMG Club. A really competitive rate for unlimited monthly golf at three local courses (which I live right between).

I hope this sort of idea catches on in other areas. I'd like to see this take off and set a good model for the golf industry.

Link:

http://www.ryanmooregolf.net/?p=327

WOW! That's an incredible deal. I hope that catches on around the country.

Hi Bore XL 10.5*

Launcher DST 3W 15*

Rescue 09 Hybrid 19*

MX-23 Irons 4-PW

Wedges 51*,56*, 60*

Classic II Putter

B330-RX

very nice! i wish we hadsomething lke that around here.

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

Putter:  VP-09 Blade 33"     ||     Ball:  Penta TP

Not like I live in a golf mecca, but a family owned business has done something similiar where I live.  It is called GreatLife Golf & Fitness (http://www.greatlifegolf.com/), they have purchased golf courses in the east central part of Kansas.  Some of the courses they purchased were country clubs in smaller towns that had lost a lot of membership and were not in a good financial position  and the course were showing the signs of negelect.

I had played on some of the courses before and after they have taken ownership and must say they have improved the course conditions a lot.  They have 2 levels of membership one gets you unlimited golf at your "home" course and access to the others, the other gives you unlimited golf at all the courses.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I have been throwing that idea out for last couple of years to our club.  It not only gets more people on your course in times where a lot of people can't afford it but it promotes the game itself.  It allows parents to get their kids out there after work and spend quality time together.  SO glad someone adopted this!   Good for you, Ryan!

Unfortunately a lot of owners are living in the prehistoric ages and will NEVER go for anything like this.  Refusing new ideas and being behind the times is what will eventually close the doors to a lot of clubs.

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

I love the US, i sometimes have to question myself when reading this sort of stuff.

In the UK we have unlimited golf as the defacto if you pay a monthly membership fee, is this something not present in the US much?

If you're a member you get to play unlimited golf, but membership fees can cost tens of thousands of dollars.  To pay $99/mo and get to play unlimited golf is a great deal.  And typically, a membership only allows you to play one course, where this lets you play 3.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by deason

In the UK we have unlimited golf as the defacto if you pay a monthly membership fee, is this something not present in the US much?

What this is an example of is the free market attempting to address one of the biggest problems facing golf in the US.  Namely what some perceive as golf being excessively expensive.  By offering different levels of membership at different price points this outfit is trying to appeal to those who might want to play golf but aren't willing or able to pay standard pricing.  It's actually a pretty smart idea and I hope this kind of thing catches on and spreads.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

Wow, that's really awesome. It might have been implied, but are you going to take advantage of it?

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Originally Posted by B-Con

Wow, that's really awesome.

It might have been implied, but are you going to take advantage of it?

Definitely. Right now they are running an introductory deal with no startup costs (which I'm assuming will be $100 or more). This is likely going to double (or triple) the amount of golf I will be able to play this summer.

This will be interesting to see if it pencils out business wise.  I know Oakbrook was hurting, and last time I played M Woods last summer the course was in rough shape and empty.   In any case, this is a killer deal.... almost too good to be true.

I wish something like this was in my area too.  It's sickening how much I spend on rounds and practice... I'm seriously looking at joining a private club - but the initiation fees are steep.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by btownb

This will be interesting to see if it pencils out business wise.  I know Oakbrook was hurting, and last time I played M Woods last summer the course was in rough shape and empty.   In any case, this is a killer deal.... almost too good to be true.

I agree, will be interesting how this pans out......it sounds great, but there are practical concerns.....tee time priority is one and I am not sure how they will deal with that....I am also guessing that they will give members a certain window of time - i.e., a week -- before they open tee times on those courses to the general public....but if it means good things for the shape of the courses, it is all good....all three are solid courses....

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

I went to Oakbrook today to talk with someone about the memberships and ended up talking with Ryan's dad. The high end memberships allow 14 day advance tee times while the lower one allows 7 days. They'll fill in other tee times with non-members. I played the course for the first time today and will be signing up for the unlimited twilight membership. Their memberships seem like great deals and it sounds like there are plans to add other courses in the future.

In my Bagboy cart bag:
Driver: TM R11s 10.5 R-flex 3W: TM 09 Burner 3H: TM 09 Burner Irons: TM Tour Burner 4-PW r-flex
Wedges: Wilson TW9 GW, Ping Eye 2+ SW, Vokey SM 58.08      Putter:TM Rossa Spider Ball: TM TP/Red LDP, TF Gamer v2   Range Finder: GX-I

Seems like a great idea but I really have to wonder if it will provide the courses the financial means they need to continue operations.  I hope so because I like the concept.  If any of my courses offered such a deal, I would gladly do it.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

I signed up for a Club membership at one of the courses, at $50 per month it includes unlimited twilight golf plus other discounts. When I was signing up, another guy was getting the $100 per month membership and our forms went on top of 8-10 others from the day. This courses was private up until Ryan's group bought it last December. It was down to 240 members who all voted for the sale. I would guess most if not all of them got in on the $100 per month membership. I'm only locked in for a year and am hoping to get a country club quality course for under $20 per round. Getting my first 2 rounds in on Friday and Saturday.

In my Bagboy cart bag:
Driver: TM R11s 10.5 R-flex 3W: TM 09 Burner 3H: TM 09 Burner Irons: TM Tour Burner 4-PW r-flex
Wedges: Wilson TW9 GW, Ping Eye 2+ SW, Vokey SM 58.08      Putter:TM Rossa Spider Ball: TM TP/Red LDP, TF Gamer v2   Range Finder: GX-I

Got out today in sunny and 55 so you can't beat that for February 3. Got paired up with 3 other guys who had recently purchased memberships also. We teed off at 12:05 and were done by 4:20. The course is pretty dry with nice greens that should be real fast by summer. These greens will definitely take some getting use to as there is not a flat one on the course.

In my Bagboy cart bag:

Note: This thread is 4466 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!