IGNORED

Will Danielle Break 80?

iacas
Note: This thread is 6907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Will Danielle break 80 in any of her LPGA rounds?

• Hell No
    • Sure. She's hot enough.

• Administrator
Hell no! She barely broke 80 today in soft conditions with no rough.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell no! She barely broke 80 today in soft conditions with no rough.

That is the most ignorant thing I've read. You obviously don't understand match play. Her score is not based on the amount of strokes per round.

Further more, it will be about 20 to 30 degrees warmer than when they shot the show and I wouldn't call it soft, more like wet. Did you not the the rain during the round. Get a clue.

That is the most ignorant thing I've read. You obviously don't understand match play. Her score is not based on the amount of strokes per round.

Just because it was match play doesn't mean you can't add up the amount of strokes she took, afterall you do need to take strokes for match play to work..or did you forget about that one. Any golfer attempting to be a pro should be able to shoot around par in the conditions they played in, despite it being a little bit colder, and she can't do that. I don't care if it's wet or soft, she should be able to handle it.

Didn't forget about anything. It is the cumulative strokes on one hole not the entire round. Besides, can you tell me what she shot that round? You can't because it wasn't an entire round, she won on the 17th hole. No one knows what would have happened on the 18th had they played the 18th.

As for the conditions, look at some of the score from the PGA in wet and cold conditions earlier this year, look at the results from teh windy conditions from the MCI Herritage.

There wasn't a single contestant on that show that could've played better.

Around par or not, she played good enough enough to win last night.
Everyone needs to quite whining about Danielle winning last night and get over themselves.

There wasn't a single contestant on that show that could've played better.

Thats because all of them stunk. Danielle proved she was better than the other 9 contestants, but does that mean she can come close to making a cut at an LPGA event? She made less than $900 on the Futures Tour! She'll get blown out of the water at all 4 tournaments.
In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

She barley broke 80? If you look at the Golf Channel web page it gives the final scorecard. Danielle was 2 over after 17, Pam was 3 over. In less than favorable conditions, plus the course will be in much better shape for an LPGA event. Danielle was also a finalist in the LPGA qualifying school in 2003. I bet she broke eighty (several times) then. Does anyone actually think that if they played the last hole she would card a 10? You people need to get a clue.

Dan's best year on Futures:2001, Events:11, Best Finish:T34, Cuts Made:4 ,Total Earnings: $838, Stroke Avg:76.73.
I played twice on a course monday after LPGA event. There is no way that Futures has the same setup as LPGA tournaments. IMHO she won't even sniff 80.
You're mighty angry young man six_over. We're just talking about the sport we love, there is no reason to get personal with your comments - if you get my "clue"...

• Administrator
Didn't forget about anything. It is the cumulative strokes on one hole not the entire round. Besides, can you tell me what she shot that round? You can't because it wasn't an entire round, she won on the 17th hole. No one knows what would have happened on the 18th had they played the 18th.

She was over par in some of the easiest conditions possible. She didn't have the length to go for any of the par 5s, despite the fact that they were playing the up tees, and the course is pretty short to begin with.

There was no wind. The greens were receptive. It's my opinion that she won't break 80. She would have had to get a 0 on the last hole for her round to be anywhere near the level that the average LPGA Tour player probably would have shot the same day. It's an opinion. Chill out.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

We are behind you people in the US Big-Break wise,over here in England,but i see Danielle has won.
Clearly i havnt seen the last two? programs yet,so dont know "how" she won exactly.But,the thing that amazes me most about her,is how truly awful her putting is from previous shows........ its been in my mind for a few weeks now and i havnt seen her hole a damn thing.

I thought her long game was "ok",but if her putting is normally as it appears shes got no hope of salvaging any respectable score should her long game desert her in any way,shape or form.

Respect to her for winning though,even though i wasnt and still arent a big fan of her.

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

I don't think she'll break 80.

But remember what she told us every episode:
"Putting is like the strongest point of my game."
"Bunker play is like by far the best part of my game."
"I'm like so totally like John Daly off the tee."
"My long irons are just sooooo strong."

• Administrator
I don't think she'll break 80.

I'd just like to figure out what five members (currently) of the forum are smoking.

Well, first off, she was the best woman on the show in my opinion, and I think she deserved to get the win.

But the thing everyone needs to realize is she will be playing in an LPGA event!! She is going to be so nervous it isn't even funny. If she shoots under 80, I'll be willing to strip down naked and run around my block in town. There is no way she does good under that kind of pressure. She was shaking on the show.

If she does shoot under 80, good for her. But I don't think there is a chance for it.

**By the way, I hope nobody calls me out on that promise of mine if she does break 80.

Well, first off, she was the best woman on the show in my opinion, and I think she deserved to get the win.

Lets put it this way... I'm going to be following her progress on the LPGA Tour now. You better believe we'll remember.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Just caught the last but one programme where Danielle gets into the final after defeating cindy ? (the ex-LPGA player) in a 3 hole play-off ........ and this after a 4 hole putting challenge. (We seem to be a couple of weeks behind the states over here in the UK).

Her putting is/was god damn awful.As ive stated before i admire her long game and dont think its to shabby,but her putting from what ive seen leaves alot to be desired if she has any intention of playing at any sort of reasonable level.She missed,no sorry MISSED,like didnt even get to the hole, a couple of four/five footers in the putting challenge and they were so short and weak i cringed.She was clearly very uncomfortable and was moving very very early during the stroke.

Break 80 ? No was Jose i say.Her shortgame aint good enough for how those courses are gonna be set-up and with all respect i dont think she'd win enough in a year on the tour to feed a small dog.

Go prove me wrong girl by all means though....

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

Hard to say whether or not she'll break 80, but ironically, her putting is what won her the match play over Pamela. Pam kept leaving every putt short. What gives Pam? Pam had Danielle down on every hole on the front nine, except for one I think and Pam only won two holes. Pam should have been up by 4 or 5 holes after the front nine. But Pam couldn't make a putt to save her life. I imagine that it was just one of those days for Pam.

Any of you ever have one of those days where you are ripping your shots to get on the green and then you two putt everything (or even 3 putt)? Yep, that's what happened to Pam. And putting is all mental too. If you have the same thoughts on it throughout the round it will screw you up. Pam probably had no confidence in her putter and it sunk her.

Bottom line, Pam played her @$$ off and still got beat by "Barbie".

Danielle made some crucial par putts on the front nine, and that basically was the difference in the whole thing. She drained long par putts while Pam was missing very makeable birdies.

What a shame too, cause I would have loved to see Pam walk away with the loot. Cause giving that car to "Barbie" was downright criminal.

i3+ irons
G5 13.5* driver
G5 B60 putter
58 lob wedge
Revolution Tour ball

Yeah, there were two cars there. Why not give the other one to Pam? Pam just awkwardly stood there and watched Danielle get all of this cool stuff. Atleast give the girl a keychain or a michelob ultra.

Note: This thread is 6907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!