IGNORED

NXT tour or Bridgeston B330 RX or e6?

Note: This thread is 3131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The NXT Tour is the closest thing to a ProV that isn't one.  They are a solid ball.  The E6 is a good ball, like all Bridgestone balls usually are, but I don't like the spin you get from the E6.  Not very good for short game.  The B330 RX is not a good ball for me.  It feels like hitting a peeled banana when you hit it off the driver.  Very mushy and way to much compression.

NXT all day!

University of Illinois - Springfield Golf Team

Titleist 913 w/ Tour AD DI-6

Titleist 906 3 Wood w/ Proforce V2

Bridgestone J36 Hybrid

Mizuno MP 64 - Project X 6.0

Titleist 50, 56 Spin Milled - Project X 6.0

Scotty Cameron Newport

No change in the E-6 from 2011 to 2012 -- according to Jeff, my online chat guy from Bridgestone website. Last change was dual dimple technology. So if the E-6's have dual dimples, they are the latest version.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

No change in the E-6 from 2011 to 2012 -- according to Jeff, my online chat guy from Bridgestone website. Last change was dual dimple technology. So if the E-6's have dual dimples, they are the latest version.

Thats the one I most recently tried. I got a 2 ball trial box at the golf show. Tried it… hated it!

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

Originally Posted by SVTGolfer

Thats the one I most recently tried. I got a 2 ball trial box at the golf show. Tried it… hated it!

Please say more about why you hate the E-6 and love the Trispeed Tour. Also, say a bit about your swing speed and desired green side shots (spin and stop vs controlled roll out). If putting factors in, please share what kind of putter insert you use.

I've yet to play with the E-6 other than a few practice holes. I may find the lack of spin an issue. But darn they are longer than other balls off the tee without feeling like a rock.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Originally Posted by SVTGolfer

The plain Tripseed, sure. I dont like that one either. But the Tripseed "TOUR" is different. Ive tried the Bridgestone B330RX several times, and I just dont see where its superior. It is supposed to be a direct competitor to the ProV1(x) just built for a slower swing speed. I have not tried the B330RX "S" yet. Maybe its better? I just found the Bridgestone E series balls to be garbage. And I tried them several times, including the new 2012 balls with the new dimples. There's just no way those E series balls are any better than a Topflite, or Srixon AD333, Trispeed, Titleist NXT, Noodle, etc…

Sorry but Ive tried the TriSpeed Tour as well and didnt really see much of a difference.  Its still no competitor to the B330-RX, IMO.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by nickolasjt

The NXT Tour is the closest thing to a ProV that isn't one.  They are a solid ball.  The E6 is a good ball, like all Bridgestone balls usually are, but I don't like the spin you get from the E6.  Not very good for short game.  The B330 RX is not a good ball for me.  It feels like hitting a peeled banana when you hit it off the driver.  Very mushy and way to much compression.

NXT all day!

The E6 is designed to reduce sidespin, so you cant expect much backspin from it either.  Try the E5 sometime.  Ive personally never understood all the NXT love.  Its nothing like a Pro V1.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• 9 months later...

Loving the discussion here guys and having the exact same problems trying to work out what to use.  Ive used the e6 for the last 4 years and have no problems with them.  I have a fairly quick swing speed put struggle for accuracy off the tee.  Used to hook the ball a fair bit and found the e6 straightened me up fairly well.  My short game is bordering on horrendous especially chipping so ive basically been a chip and run type golfer instead of giving it air and working the spin.

Im starting to get better with my chipping and wanted to try a ball that might give me a bit more greenside assistance.

Also the best round ive ever had i used a Titliest NXT.  Not sure how old it was but it was great.  Thinking it was one of the originals for which i havent been able to find since.  Any idea how the NXT compare to the newer NXT Tours???

• 5 months later...

I used to play NXT's but I now play Bridgestone E6 or E7.  Absolutely love them will never go back to Titleist again.  I did it once because the golf course didn't carry Bridgestone and I was low on golf balls.  Never again.  I am like you mid to low 90's with around a 19 handicap.  Bridgestone's product, in my opinion is far superior to the Titleist line and the extra money is worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure about NXT tour or B330RX at your playing level.   They are good balls but may be an overkill in terms of price/skill level.   But if you can get them cheap, go for B330RX.  E6 is a straight ball which you can put more on fairway and green, and hit longer (by virtue of going straight).  Most 20 handicappers I know (I was one myself) don't have consistent ball striking and this ball may help.

( I know a lot about golf balls and I can't believe your store guy suggested these 3 different balls.  They all have different characteristics.   E.g, NXT Tour & E6 are not similar balls at all. )

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Wacky Tiger

Also the best round ive ever had i used a Titliest NXT.  Not sure how old it was but it was great.  Thinking it was one of the originals for which i havent been able to find since.  Any idea how the NXT compare to the newer NXT Tours???

I think NXT is discontinued and replaced by Velocity.   But I am sure you can still buy NXT for years to come.

I played with Velocity and they are very long.  I broke a few of my personal hole distance record on a local course I frequent.  It is not an easy ball to control (shape, around green) though.  So play it when you need distance.

The new Nxt Tour S balls are good all around ball.  But it is softer than NXT Tour which I prefer over NXT Tour S.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I've seen the old NXT at Walmart recently, old golf balls go there to die. I really like the Velocity and I don't have any trouble controlling it. I bump and run in close and anything that gets up in the air drops like a bean bag on the soft muni greens here. If I hit one into a long par 3 the Velocity rolls 5-15 feet at most, depending where on the green contour it lands. I don't use it because it's a distance ball it just feels and sounds good off every club.

Dave :-)

I wonder if some people are playing a ball that isn't necessary for them? I am around a 20 hc and really see enough benefit from the DT Solo for the cost of 20 per 12, but as far as paying 36 per 12 there's no way I'd see enough benefit for the cost. I'm sure once you get down close to single digit hc there would be a more appreciable difference though, which is when I would actually look at playing a higher dollar ball.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

• 2 months later...
I go back and forth with the bridgestone e6's and the b330rx's. I am a 15.8 handicap and what I've found is the e6 has a hard hit, it has a hard feeling hit All around, it flies very straight, and with the irons it rolls forward a little except with the wedges. The rx ball is my favorite and this weekend I was reminded Of this fact. The rx is great off the driver, has a softer feel compared to e6, and with the irons the ball will either hit and stick or sometimes it will draw back a little. I love the feel off the putter too. Played loch nair for the first time last wkd and I hadn't swung a club in about 4 weeks. Shot a 97 with the e6, switched balls And shot an 85 with the rx. Quite a few pars and 3 birdies. Def try the rx yes they are a little pricey but if your winning friendly wagers they are def worth it.

• 1 year later...

I usually play the B330 RXS, but also play the NXT Tour S. I find both these balls to be very playable with some minor differences. I will pick up a few yards with the Titleist. Around the greens I will get a stop dead and sometimes a check back with the B330 RXS. With the Titleist is usually get a stop and hop. For my game (14 hcp.)  I find the difference minor and both of these to be quality balls for a mid hcp. golfer.

Note: This thread is 3131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!