IGNORED

The 2012 Masters Discussion Thread

xxsoultonesxx
Note: This thread is 4404 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Pulling for Freddie in a big way. Mcilroy is keeping it together for the most part. He just needs a spark to light it up.

And what about Sergio? Holy crap this is a good Masters!

Anybody truly believe that Couples or Dufner have a shot at this?  I don't think Couples can keep up the pace for two more days.  Rory appears to be in great position.  I'm thinking Kucher will be in the final 2 groups on Sunday, as well.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Sadly I agree that Couples probably can't last another 2 days.  This is setting up as a Rory-Phil, and maybe Westwood battle.  Should be a nice weekend.

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

Oh man wouldn't a Couples-McIlroy-Mickelson Sunday be nice!!  I think Phil is going to put himself in a nice spot tomorrow.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jamo

https://twitter.com/#!/notthefakeSVP/status/188419935402332161

Scott Van Pelt

‏ @notthefakeSVP: It's 8:15. It's dark. Tiger Woods is still on the range trying to get it sorted out

Sounds like he took a leaf out of Hogan's book. Hope he sorts out the issues and doesn't revert back to his old ways; he's been pretty good of late.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

masters 36 hole thoughts.......

1.  first thought is that i can't wait to see how this unfolds....now i know what my wife feels like when a fight is just about to start between a couple of crazy biatches on real housewifes of atlanta/orange county/whatever and then it goes to commercial break...

2.  the course is going to get fast, fast over the next two days....sunny and 80 tomorrow, bout the same on sunday.....think this helps phil more than anyone else within striking distance...

3.  freddie.....being a seattle guy, i am pulling for freddie as hard as anyone........goddamn am i pulling for freddie

4.  sergio.......if freddie moves south, the guy i'd like to win is sergio...has taken his lumps over the years and is absolutely the victim of the tiger woods era....yea, the guy can come off as a prick, but i'd like him to get it.....but he will miss a couple of very critical putts and not get it done

5.  rory...the oddsmakers favorite at this point....honestly i would be surprised if he didn't win.......and as a matter of full disclosure, this evening I put 50 on him at 9-4 to win.....seems like a good kid and obviously has great taste in women....and the balls to make a move on such a high profile, super hot, man-eating tennis player.....mmmmmmm

6.  westwood....i have nothing against leedub and he could go out and go very very low tomorrow...he can hit on a string.....if he can't get this done this weekend, i think it may take a big toll on his overall confidence...he has just had a good number of chances.....he has to get it done sooner rather than later

7.  dufner.....the final group tomorrow appears to be the "completely laid-back, no worries" grouping.....bullshiat...deep down, these two guys want it more than anyone else on the course tomorrow....unfortunately, i think it works against both of them......sometimes it  helps to play with guys who show a little fire....these two just may put each other to sleep

8.  bubba.....just not sure he has it upstairs to have the patience and focus to be right there at the end

9.  PMick.......leaders will do well to play even par tomorrow....i think pmick is in a good position to play really, really well tomorrow.....interesting pairing with Vijay, given their masters history.....both will be working very hard to outplay the other, and this is exactly the extra challenge that helps phil...and could help VJ too......going to be a great pairing to watch play

10.  watney...just throwing him out there as a bit of an under the radar guy lurking longshot to win......

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Anyone think Tiger can gut out another 4th place finish?

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

A few interviews: http://www1.skysports.com/masters/video/20699/7655391

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Shaping up nicely for Rory but he will wobble at some stage....just depends if he can play through it. Mickleson showed him how its done...

Aaron Baddeley has played really well part from the triple bogey think he will get himself into mix.

LIVE COVERAGE ON MASTERS.COM SATURDAY 11:45 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Amen Corner live video coverage 12:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Featured Group 1 live video coverage Featured Group 2 live video coverage 12:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Hole Nos. 15 and 16 live video coverage Featured Groups 1 10:45 a.m.: Charl Schwartzel, Tiger Woods 12:45 p.m.:* Gary Woodland, Zach Johnson 2:35 p.m.* Louis Oosthuizen, Lee Westwood * — scheduled to follow the previous group’s completion of play “Featured Group 2,” available only on Masters.com, will start with Scott Stalling and Martin Kaymer. Additional groupings will be announced during Saturday’s play.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I think the best 2 stories I would like to see would be Freddy or Sergio.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

It's well past time for Sergio to shed the 'Best Never To' label & win this week. Long as he stays positive & doesn't go into his "the world is against me" funk he's got a great chance.

Originally Posted by k-troop

Anyone think Tiger can gut out another 4th place finish?

I don't see it happening.  He obviously has the ability/game to do it and IMO he's only 7 strokes off the pace of the eventual winners, but mentally the first two days have to be eating at him.  He went from being in total control of his game to having no idea how to execute a specific shot on command within a matter of two weeks.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bobsuruncle

Sadly I agree that Couples probably can't last another 2 days.  This is setting up as a Rory-Phil, and maybe Westwood battle.  Should be a nice weekend.

I would love to see Freddie get it done. But Norman and Watson couldn't get it done in their 50's at the Open, and I'm afraid that will be the case here. Of course those 2 were in position to win going into the back 9 of the final day and Fred still has the 3rd round to play so he has some golf to play before he will be put under the same pressure as those two. I sure hope he gets there though as I would like to see what he can do on the back nine on Sunday. I'll be pulling for him.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Note: This thread is 4404 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!