IGNORED

Titleist Velocity vs. NXT Tour (and tour S)

Note: This thread is 3851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachGolf

I can tell you for a fact this isn't true. I have played the Velocity and ProV1 side by side for 2 months now. The Velocity is regularly 10 yards longer than the ProV, no matter the club. Even short par 3's I can see a 10 yard difference between the 2 balls. I don't care what the titleist robot data shows. In a real world application, the Velocity is more than 4 yards longer.

ive noticed the exact same thing. i played prov1's and v1x's early this past season and had specific clubs for certain holes... after switching to the velocity mid year im EASILY a club longer with the velocity's .. an 8 iron for me with the prov1 is about a 150-155yard club... after going to the velocity's i could hit the same 8 iron 165-170. i didnt notice much of a drop off in spin around the greens either. ive managed to save $20 a dozen by switching from the prov1's to the velocitys and increase my yardage... got a box of the double digit velocitys for christmas today actually. cant wait to pick up my new irons (Titleist MB712's) and get 2013 started!!!

Originally Posted by Goonsidious

My fiance is buying me a box of Titleists.. but i dont know which to get!!! (Not named prov's)

My swing speed is 95.. and i just want to keep it on the fairway. Fighting a slight slice. I do not like my Gamer V2s.. feel heavy and too soft.

Come on pros.. help an oblivious member out.

I am not a pro. My handicap higher than yours, but I have tried numerous balls for my handicap level and keep returning to Titleist DT Solos. They are forgiving and act really nice around the green for my skill level. My putter really likes the ball.

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.."

I started out liking the NXT tour S ball when I first used them but then....I had a weird problem of too much distance with irons.  That seems and feels odd to say but it was messing up my gapping big time and I was just never sure what club to use.  I went back to the Srixon Z star and am comfortable again( however Srixons Q star felt like a pretty good ball for half the price).

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

• 4 weeks later...
i love the velocitys, but only play the balls I find, unfortunatley no velocitys for me, only pro v1s and nxt tours.

In my  stand bag

:titleist:910d2 8.5*

speedline fast 12 3w 

910h 17* 

:titleist: 712 cb/mb 3-p

:mizuno: MP-T4 56* 60*

:nike: method 001 

:srixon: tour yellow z star xv 

• 4 months later...

Decided to play the Velocity this weekend and I was impressed. A good performer all over the course. Wouldn't have tried it but Walmart was out of the NXT Tour S. I've read all kinds of bad things about the Velocity but it did all the things it wasn't supposed to for me. I had my best chipping and putting days of the season. I'm sure it's all in my head, sometimes I need a sugar pill.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...

Velocity went very long for me.  It bounced around green but for my playing level, it's ok.   B/c I don't hit long, the extra yards Velocity gives me is good.   But I won't use it where greens are hard and fast.

Nxt Tour has good distance, trajectory, and right amount of spin for me.  I will use it on any course.  Next Tour S is a softer version of Nxt Tour.  Other than that, I didn't notice much difference.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am not a pro. My handicap higher than yours, but I have tried numerous balls for my handicap level and keep returning to Titleist DT Solos. They are forgiving and act really nice around the green for my skill level. My putter really likes the ball.

Totally agree!  I have played the Bridgestone E6 (very good but bit harder than so/lo) , B330RX (arguably the Rolls Royce of balls for slower swing speeds but alas, with a Rolls Royce price tag!) Wilson Staff Duo and Fifty Elite (both okay, imo) but NOTHING has the overall tee to green performance of the humble Titleist DT So/Lo!!!  Great ball at a great price point for most amateurs-especially those with slower swing speeds which, of course is most amateurs. LOL

Note: This thread is 3851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!