IGNORED

What is currently your biggest frustration with your swing and golf in general?

goodatgolf
Note: This thread is 4360 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Duck hooking shots with 7, 8, 9, PW, and Gap W!!  Can't explain it - last 2-3 rounds I've been driving the ball great (in the fairway a lot), short iron in is WAY LEFT of the green.

Frustrating...

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

Finally getting consistently (more or less) good contact (thanks SnT) but have developed a dead-straight push with almost everything

Killed me on the course today.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's easy.  My long game.

The driver - It's almost an automatic one or more strokes added to my score due to hitting OOB, into hazards, into rough/trees, or duffing it 50' to the front tee.

After that....Fairway Wood.  Just not consistent.  Much better than the driver but I have a tendency to top my fairway shots with my 5W.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

eliminating blow up holes..I'l make a quadruple or triple..then go par for the next 6 holes..then another blow up..if I eliminated these blow up holes I'd be a semi-decent player.

Hole in 3.  You would never survive in my environment.  Here the rangers are despised and almost threatened. PushPushPush...not too pleasant.  Even playing at twilight, all alone on the course during a slight drizzle, the ranger was pushing me.   No one in front, no one in back. But hey, i signed up for 9 holes at 2 hrs 4 min and was not permitted to deviate.  At US$50.  But the only option in town.

Originally Posted by goodatgolf

Hi there,

I'd like to know what currently your biggest frustrations with your swing and golf in general are.

Mine is performing under pressure. I'm not a scratch golfer by any means (yet :) ) but when I walk from the practice tee to the first hole especially in a tournament I seem to leave my skills behind. Under pressure I perform things I wouldn't even consider possible and I don't mean that in a good way

So what's yours?

As for me, I tend to do what happens to goodatgolf.  While there doens't seem to be a number high enough to reflect my handicap, I get so much worse when I leave the practice tee.  I know that there is no difference, but my 'head' knows there is.........

• :callaway: Callaway Epic Flash Driver.  Epic Flash 3 Wood.  GBB Flash 5 wood.  Epic Flash 4 Hybrid
  • :cleveland: Cleveland Launcher HB Irons, 4 through PW. CBX2 Wedges, 54 & 60 degree.
  • :seemore:  Seemore Si1 putter.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My largest frustration right now is not being able to play my game when I'm paired with others.  I typically don't tell people what "I normally shoot" because when I'm playing in a group, I have no idea what I'll shoot.  I have this mental block going, I guess.  84-87 is my typical score when I'm playing alone or with my usual playing partner, but get me with a group of people I don't know, and I can just as easily shoot 100 as 87.  And I don't feel any pressure playing in a group, no nerves or anything, I just don't strike the ball well.  Maybe the conversations and such take my mind out of the game, maybe I'm trying to kill the ball without even realizing it.

I've really been trying to work on this.  My buddy and I play with bets on the line to put a bit more pressure on every shot, and when I walk in the evenings, I always try to get paired up with someone because I want to get used to being around people I don't know while playing.

My mental game/consistency. For some reason, I seem to play much better when I'm playing a solo round. If I'm paired with someone, my game seems to deteriorate. Almost seems like stage fright so to speak. [quote name="Bullitt5339" url="/t/57084/what-is-currently-your-biggest-frustration-with-your-swing-and-golf-in-general/90#post_713565"]My largest frustration right now is not being able to play my game when I'm paired with others. I typically don't tell people what "I normally shoot" because when I'm playing in a group, I have no idea what I'll shoot. I have this mental block going, I guess. 84-87 is my typical score when I'm playing alone or with my usual playing partner, but get me with a group of people I don't know, and I can just as easily shoot 100 as 87. And I don't feel any pressure playing in a group, no nerves or anything, I just don't strike the ball well. Maybe the conversations and such take my mind out of the game, maybe I'm trying to kill the ball without even realizing it. [/quote] I'm having those same issues. When paired with strangers, my scores hover in the 95-105 range, but when playing solo or with my brother, I'm typically in the low-mid 80s.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Not mentally wrapping my mind around my Hybrids (hitting a wood shaped object like an iron) I rather just hit a fairway wood or an iron. Next would be my putting. I need to spend time and find what putter works best for me. Not what looks cool to me (right now a odyssey black tour blade style putter)

Primary Bag  | PING G410+ 9deg | Titleist 917F 16.5deg | TM rescue hybrid 18deg | King Cobra Black Utility 21deg | TM P790 5-AW Recoil shafts | TM MG2 54/58 Wedges | TM Spider X putter 

Biggest frustration:  holding back the urge to hit it hard from the top.  Everything else I can control, but that.  It takes a mental shift, recognizing that it is going to happen even before I address the ball in my current mental state and with my current club selection.  Picking enough club and committing to a yardage and a standard swing is the thing that helps it the absolute most.  Trying to get 250 out of a 4-iron is the thing that usually makes it go 180 off the toe.  It's a lot more complex than just "Don't swing hard."  Tough demon to fight, but getting better.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

By far the thing I hate the most is 3 putting! I normally never do it, usually range at 25 putts a round but in random rounds I Can turn into the worst putter in the world...putting really is all about feel.

Note: This thread is 4360 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!