IGNORED

Big Break Atlantis

SVTGolfer
Note: This thread is 4146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Bayou Boogie

Carling what's her name might have a while back though. She was kind of hot, right?

Carling was one of my faves......she played golf at Ohio State

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

"I'm not sure about that.  Remember barefoot girl from a few seasons ago, she was horrible."

Who was barefoot girl--I missed her--what was her story? ----I would like to see just one of these BB girls make a cut in an LPGA event...I think

Carling what's her name might have a while back though. She was kind of hot, right?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

It's funny, I've recorded the past two seasons of the show on my DVR, and my wife who is also new to golf used to watch it with me.  She won't watch this one.

In my bag:
Driver - Diablo Octane 10.5*
Fairway Wood - Diablo Octane 15*
Hybrid -  Edge 21*
Irons - X20's 4I - 9I
Wedges - X20's PW/SW
Putter - White Ice 1
Ball - Warbird

It's almost comical how they find a bunch of hotties, and then throw in a token "average girl" or 2.  LOL.....as if they don't want to be too obvious.

What's in Paul's Bag:

"I'm not sure about that.  Remember barefoot girl from a few seasons ago, she was horrible."

Who was barefoot girl--I missed her--what was her story? ----I would like to see just one of these BB girls make a cut in an LPGA event...I think

The barefoot girl was Cirbie Sheppard, first eliminated at Ka'anapali, which aired in 2008.

It was obvious from the outset that Cirbie was overmatched. She shanked one into the bushes in a challenge where the contestants had to hit two shots on a par 4, with the two worst results going to elimination. Others were 20 or 30 feet away while Cirbie was something like 150 yards. She didn't play terribly in the short game elimination challenge against Tina Miller but it was hilarious when Cirbie literally took 5 minutes to hit a shot from just off the green. She couldn't decide whether to chip or putt, and wandered around with each club in her hand while the announcers were astonished at the indecision. Too bad Big Break didn't have time to air the full 5 minutes, but we got the idea.

I think Cirbie got married and had a baby not long after the series aired.

Carling Coffing did fairly well in her big league opportunities. The LPGA exemption was into the Lorena Ochoa Invitational, a small field event in which she finished last. But she made the cut in the second exemption, the Dubai event on the LET. Carling also received a bonus LPGA sponsors exemption, which is typical for a winner of an all-female Big Break. The tournament wants to capitalize on publicity and popularity of the winner. Kim Welch also received a second exemption in 2008. Carling made the cut in her bonus LPGA exemption and was briefly on the leaderboard at -6 on Saturday before slowly giving way. Unfortunately, Carling has not been able to maintain that form subsequently. She's really struggling on the Symetra Tour.

If one of the better and more popular players wins this Big Break, she'll likely receive a second exemption also, probably to Navistar, which is only two weeks after the scheduled Kingsmill exemption in early September. This Big Break finale airs in July and the exemption is only two months later. That should help toward the second exemption. Some Big Break winners are nearly forgotten by the time they actually play the event, nearly a year later.

I really liked Carling and her spunk......plus, she really knew how to push the other girls buttons.

She's a cutie too....

carling1coffing.jpg

............the fact that she was a Buckeye was a bonus.  LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:

I liked Carling too.  She was never really rude to anybody or anything, yet she could really piss the other girls off.  It was kind of funny.

Brandon

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

It'll be difficult for me to forget this.........

Shes almost too cute.

In my bag:
Hybrid -  Edge 21*
Irons - X20's 4I - 9I
Wedges - X20's PW/SW
Putter - White Ice 1
Ball - Warbird

Originally Posted by bplewis24

She knows what we're all looking at ;-)

She usually doesn't care.

In my bag:
Hybrid -  Edge 21*
Irons - X20's 4I - 9I
Wedges - X20's PW/SW
Putter - White Ice 1
Ball - Warbird

I never understood why they didn't set it up so  that the exemption was like a week after the finale aired.  Now I am sure a good chunk is that they can't get an exemption into a summer event  but doing so would really help publicity wise.  Seems like a win.

Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger

If one of the better and more popular players wins this Big Break, she'll likely receive a second exemption also, probably to Navistar, which is only two weeks after the scheduled Kingsmill exemption in early September. This Big Break finale airs in July and the exemption is only two months later. That should help toward the second exemption. Some Big Break winners are nearly forgotten by the time they actually play the event, nearly a year later.

Originally Posted by JerryTimes

It's funny, I've recorded the past two seasons of the show on my DVR, and my wife who is also new to golf used to watch it with me.  She won't watch this one.

Tonight I started to watch the show with my wife, who really got into it last season.  It lasted about 5 minutes.

I went to the driving range this morning and Aubrey McCormack was there.  The pro there runs a program for vets, so I suppose she was there in connection with that.  I watched for a few minutes as she taught everybody how to stretch but left when it moved on to how she starts by hitting short pitch shots.  I'm sure it got more substantive, but I didn't have time to find out.

IMAG0275.jpg

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think Aubrey is the dark-haired girl I like.  Was she pretty attractive in person?

Brandon

Originally Posted by x129

I never understood why they didn't set it up so  that the exemption was like a week after the finale aired.  Now I am sure a good chunk is that they can't get an exemption into a summer event  but doing so would really help publicity wise.  Seems like a win.

Yeah, I think they have limited availability in terms of exemptions. Particularly the PGA exemptions, which are invariably lower profile events. Take what you can get.

Kingsmill was a natural fit for the exemption to this Big Break. That event previously was very popular with the LPGA players, and the Kingsmill resort hosted the first ever all-female Big Break (III). The Kingsmill LPGA event was discontinued 5 or 6 years ago and it was a big surprise when a revived version was a late addition to the 2012 schedule.

I haven't looked at the schedule closely but it's possible the Big Break Atlantis winner could receive a bonus exemption prior to Kingsmill. That's what happened with Carling Coffing. Her sponsors exemption was weeks prior to the Lorena Ochoa Invitational, which the the exemption in the Sandals Resorts package.

Carling got the best exemption ever because that Lorena Ochoa event is only 30-odd players and no cut. She was guaranteed something like $10,000 minimum even with a last place finish, which she managed -- comfortably.

Sounds like they are creating teams and picking captains on tomorrow's episode.  That golf channel is smart: want to create drama?  Make the women work in teams.  Nothing worse than women catting it out for captaincy and blaming each other for their team's failures than...well, men .

Brandon

I think the girls who said they would never buy their way out of elimination and abandon their team are full of crap.

Brandon

I think I was one of 5 to 10 people who watched the whole episode tonight, and I don't even know why I was watching. The golf is just hard to describe as anything but mediocre. And the over the top emotion from all of the girls just gets to be too much sometimes. Brandon is completely right about the buying out of the elimination thing. News flash to the girls, just because you were a team for part of the second episode, doesn't mean that you're a team anymore. Way too much crying the whole episode for me.

One positive note, it was kind of cool to see Yani on the show tonight. She is the number one woman in the world. Think of how awesome it would be if someone like Luke or Rory showed up on one of the men's shows.

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

Originally Posted by iPutt

One positive note, it was kind of cool to see Yani on the show tonight. She is the number one woman in the world. Think of how awesome it would be if someone like Luke or Rory showed up on one of the men's shows.

Same thing I was thinking.  That's a pretty big 'get' for the show.

Brandon

Note: This thread is 4146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!