IGNORED

2012 US Open at Olympic Club Discussion Thread

k-troop
Note: This thread is 4354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

With that putt I believe Furyk has this in the bag....

Still a long way to go!

C'mon Ernie!!!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

With that putt I believe Furyk has this in the bag....

McDowell poured it in on top of Furyk's. Looks to be a great battle down the stretch between a couple of former champs. Tiger was -3 for his last 12 holes, but too little too late. The good news is that he was able to fix whatever he was doing wrong mid-round. I still predict he'll finish the year with five wins, including a major.

Man, I wonder who has Furyk to win besides me. Would be soooooo sweet to win the Cobra ZL Encore driver. Especially in white.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Man, I wonder who has Furyk to win besides me. Would be soooooo sweet to win the Cobra ZL Encore driver. Especially in white.

You're the only one, but Furyk isn't done yet.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You're the only one, but Furyk isn't done yet.

They were told to speed up, and now Furyk is rooting around in the underbrush. Will the USGA have the guts to take a stroke from a player contending for the title? I know they're not on the clock yet, but this may get them there.

Four guys took Webb. Aquaguru had him at E, Jasonbolt had him at -3, bluecollar01 had him at -10, and BojanglesSweetT has him at -5. If he does win, E would be the score.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awesome win, really came out of nowhere up until the last few holes. I did not think of him for the win at all. I saw 5 other people who could win starting today. Crazy.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

Quote of the day "Enjoy your jail cell bud" - good call Webb - LOL

:
Driver:  MachSpeed Black 10.5 Fukikura Motore Speeder shaft

1Hybrid: VR PRO 15* (replacing my 3wood with this) 

Hybrids:  Baffler 18*, DWS 20*, TWS 23*

5I-GW  Mx-19 

Wedges - 50.08/54.14/58.10 

Putter:iN Craz-e

Ball: Pro V1x or Callaway Tour i(z) 

You get in trouble for going onto the green in front of the US Open trophy ceremony and choose to do that ? C'mon buddy, at least do something funny/worth it.

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

You get in trouble for going onto the green in front of the US Open trophy ceremony and choose to do that ? C'mon buddy, at least do something funny/worth it.

I thought that was Ben Crane doing another video.

Haha yeah what the hell was that?

fyuriks nerves seemed to get to him. Why does simpson still use 909?

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

To me these are such let downs, the guy that blows it in the very end so some other guy no one talked about all weekend ends up winning. Great playing by Webb, and he deserves it, but it was very anti-climatic.

I was really surprised with some of the shots that Furyk hit coming down the stretch. Even beyond the duck hook, he hit a lot of shots that are just not characteristic of him. That said, I think Webb really did earn this win simply for the fact that he shot 2 under on the day. Well done.

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

Great playing by Webb, and he deserves it, but it was very anti-climatic.

Think about those guys who put down a few $$$ on Webb to win this morning at 30-1.......but seriously, I thought it was a very, very compelling tournament and finish......lots of opportunities for a number of guys down the stretch....congrats to Webb Simpson.....going 68-68 on the weekend was outstanding and he very much deserved the win.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

fyuriks nerves seemed to get to him.

Originally Posted by iPutt

I was really surprised with some of the shots that Furyk hit coming down the stretch. Even beyond the duck hook, he hit a lot of shots that are just not characteristic of him. That said, I think Webb really did earn this win simply for the fact that he shot 2 under on the day. Well done.

Needed more 5HE.

Anyway, score another one for the Christian Coalition!  Congrats to Webb.  This US Open final round sucked balls to me, the chat was the only thing that kept me watching it.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Anyone see the interview at the end where a guy steps right in front of the tv camera and starts hooting?  Pretty funny stuff, hahahaha.  Im sure NBC was PISSED though.

Note: This thread is 4354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!