IGNORED

I will become a tour professional! (Know I am going to get a lot of smack)

FutureTourPro
Note: This thread is 4103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by FutureTourPro

Sure, Whats the wager?

Again, what tournaments and whaet year did you play and place?

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by ApocG10

Again, what tournaments and whaet year did you play and place?

Sorry, I do not want to answer. Due to privacy issues.

Rest In Peace my son. I will miss you. 5/12/94-1/29/13 Future Tour Pro Committed suicide thanks to the sand trap. Go to hell to all of you.

DRIVER: Cobra Amp 9.5 X-Stiff Fujikura Vista Tour

3 WOOD: Cobra Amp 15 X-Stiff Fujikura Motore F3

HYBRID: Cobra Amp 20 X-Stiff Fujikura Fit On Max 

IRONS: Adams Golf Pro Golds 4-PW KBS X-Stiff 

GAP WEDGE: Adams M. Pugielli 50 DG Spinner

SAND WEDGE: Adams M. Pugielli 54 DG Spinner

LOB WEDGE: Titliest BV Spin Milled 58 Stock Shaft

PUTTER: Odyssey White Hot XG #7

BALL: Callaway Hex Black

Two differences between you and I. I am going through with it. And I am a 4 while you are a 20.

The thing is, with you at a 4 and him at a 20, he's still closer to your level than you are to a tour pro.

Not saying that you can't do it... Maybe you can but it is EXTREMELY doubtful. Just the way it is. Sorry.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/43ffce5a-8ee3-ff6c.jpg[/IMG] So you would post a 90 as a 4 handicap? Shooting 90 in a tourney is not going to get you far especially on a track with a 115 slope

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Why does everyone feel the need to give him shit? If he wants to pursue his dream leave the man alone and give him words of encouragement or leave. Every player on tour went through a moment in time when they decided they were going to become pro golfers and they made it so why not this dude? It doesn't matter how "correct" his swing is if the ball ends up in the right spot. Look at Furyk or Bubba... unique swings developed on their own and they both have major titles. All you need to go to Q School is a 2 handicap and according to his profile he isn't far away from that. He needs 1.4 Handicap to attempt to qualify for the US Open. Anything is possible. Good luck dude

Sure, Whats the wager?

How about me walking naked from Sydney to Melbourne?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by SamCreamer

All you need to go to Q School is a 2 handicap and according to his profile he isn't far away from that. He needs 1.4 Handicap to attempt to qualify for the US Open. Anything is possible. Good luck dude

Easy - that's all you need.

Go and research Q school and see what you have to do.

Apart from shelling out big money, that is.

Seriously. People start threads where they essentiall say. "I am going to be one of the world's best golfers" and others queue up to say it's possible.

Hey - Tiger has two eyes and two legs. So do I. It's posible.

Originally Posted by Shorty

How about me walking naked from Sydney to Melbourne?

And if I don't, I'll buy you fitted clubs and a 500 dollar putter.

Rest In Peace my son. I will miss you. 5/12/94-1/29/13 Future Tour Pro Committed suicide thanks to the sand trap. Go to hell to all of you.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Easy - that's all you need.

Go and research Q school and see what you have to do.

Apart from shelling out big money, that is.

Seriously. People start threads where they essentiall say. "I am going to be one of the world's best golfers" and others queue up to say it's possible.

Hey - Tiger has two eyes and two legs. So do I. It's posible.

Hey, Ian Poulter didn't start till he was seventeen, Greg norman didn't start till he was 16, Larry Nelson didn't pick up the game till his early twenties and he won a couple of majors. and there are many more where that came from. I have a small window of opportunity and I am going to take it!

Originally Posted by jamo

Playing in, or attempting to qualify for? Because I'm attempting to qualify for the MA Publinx, but it's not going to be easy.

Jamo, would you mind posting a blog entry or thread about this?  I'd be interested in reading how you do; what it entails, how many rounds of qualifying it takes, what your scores and results, are, etc.

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

So you would post a 90 as a 4 handicap? Shooting 90 in a tourney is not going to get you far especially on a track with a 115 slope

What's this?  I see a broken img file.  Who posted a 90 as a 4 handicap on a 115 slope course?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by SamCreamer

Why does everyone feel the need to give him shit? If he wants to pursue his dream leave the man alone and give him words of encouragement or leave. Every player on tour went through a moment in time when they decided they were going to become pro golfers and they made it so why not this dude? It doesn't matter how "correct" his swing is if the ball ends up in the right spot. Look at Furyk or Bubba... unique swings developed on their own and they both have major titles. All you need to go to Q School is a 2 handicap and according to his profile he isn't far away from that. He needs 1.4 Handicap to attempt to qualify for the US Open. Anything is possible. Good luck dude

Probably because some of the things he says are just dumb.  He is going to give it his best effort every day yet he is wasting his time posting his nonsense on an Internet discussion board when he could be practicing or working on conditioning.  And this is the SECOND time he posted this nonsense - the SECOND thread he has started.  What possible point could he have in doing this?

He is talking about being successful at something that AT BEST is a 1000 to 1 shot but refuses to have a plan B.  That is the height of stupidity.  You cannot "positive think" your way to becoming a world class ANYTHING!  It takes talent, luck, and enormous effort.  And even with all three the odds are stacked against you.  So a backup plan is mandatory.  Anyone without the maturity to understand this does not have the maturity to be disciplined enough to accomplish a seriously demanding goal.

I see too many of my students justifying not doing their school work because they are going to be pro football players and won't need t know how to do math.  So stupidity offends me and requires a response.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Hey, Ian Poulter didn't start till he was seventeen, Greg norman didn't start till he was 16, Larry Nelson didn't pick up the game till his early twenties and he won a couple of majors. and there are many more where that came from. I have a small window of opportunity and I am going to take it!

And any one of them would have beaten you by 15 shots after playing for 6 months.

What is your window of opportunity?

What possible connection does your situation have with any of them? The mere fact that they are human and so are you?

Originally Posted by turtleback

Probably because some of the things he says are just dumb.  He is going to give it his best effort every day yet he is wasting his time posting his nonsense on an Internet discussion board when he could be practicing or working on conditioning.  And this is the SECOND time he posted this nonsense - the SECOND thread he has started.  What possible point could he have in doing this?

He is talking about being successful at something that AT BEST is a 1000 to 1 shot but refuses to have a plan B.  That is the height of stupidity.  You cannot "positive think" your way to becoming a world class ANYTHING!  It takes talent, luck, and enormous effort.  And even with all three the odds are stacked against you.  So a backup plan is mandatory.  Anyone without the maturity to understand this does not have the maturity to be disciplined enough to accomplish a seriously demanding goal.

I see too many of my students justifying not doing their school work because they are going to be pro football players and won't need t know how to do math.  So stupidity offends me and requires a response.

im not saying I completely agree with what he's saying or doing, I'm just saying we shouldn't put him down. To be successful, sometimes you have to be a bit insane

So you would post a 90 as a 4 handicap? Shooting 90 in a tourney is not going to get you far especially on a track with a 115 slope

Stupid tapatalk here is the image that was supposed to go with this:

2012-06-23 21.50.53.jpg

Stupid tapatalk here is the image that was supposed to go with this:

wait, wait. the higher the slope the more difficult the course, correct?

because my last two times on a 130 slope i shot 89 and 92 and the course i play isn't difficult and i suck.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Originally Posted by tiger187126

wait, wait. the higher the slope the more difficult the course, correct?

because my last two times on a 130 slope i shot 89 and 92 and the course i play isn't difficult and i suck.

Yes it does. Distance plays a large part in the slope. If you are a long hitter, part of the extra slope due to distance may not affect you.

Yes it does. Distance plays a large part in the slope. If you are a long hitter, part of the extra slope due to distance may not affect you.

i don't consider myself a long hitter (driver 210-250, but usually 210), but i did have more trouble playing from the forward tees with my wife a few weeks ago than playing the mid tees so i can see where that might come into play.

the real reason i don't think the course is hard is because of all the lateral fairways. i know the courses i played back home would crush me for some of the shots i get away with on my course here.

i just find it hard to believe that i could shot a comparable round on a "harder" course with my utter lack of skill as someone who is a future tour pro or even a single digit (or anything below a 30 for that matter) player.

but then again, i can't do this:

Zach Woods ‏@futurepga2b_ZW

@DJohnsonPGA I hit a 416 yard drive today! beat that ;)

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Originally Posted by tiger187126

i don't consider myself a long hitter (driver 210-250, but usually 210), but i did have more trouble playing from the forward tees with my wife a few weeks ago than playing the mid tees so i can see where that might come into play.

the real reason i don't think the course is hard is because of all the lateral fairways. i know the courses i played back home would crush me for some of the shots i get away with on my course here.

i just find it hard to believe that i could shot a comparable round on a "harder" course with my utter lack of skill as someone who is a future tour pro or even a single digit (or anything below a 30 for that matter) player.

but then again, i can't do this:

The course raters were at my track last wednesday. I did not see the calculating the the coefficient of the lateral fairways ;) I do not think that comes into the calculation. I have a 9 hole track that is close by my house and there are houses lining both sides of the fairway on most holes and unplayable lies everywhere else and the slope is lower than that of the course with generous lateral play. But we better get back to topic.

Note: This thread is 4103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!