IGNORED

Playing 9 or 18 by yourself.

formula428
Note: This thread is 3140 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Go golfing (9 or 18) by yourself?

• Absolutely, there's nothing wrong with doing that.
    • It's a little lousy, wait until you get another or several before going to a course.

Dexter and Slice of Life need to exchange email addresses, get a room, and get off this.

What are you on about? 22 days of silence in this thread and you bump it with that? Is this Rob Ford?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Although it's not as much fun as playing with someone else, I play 2-3 times a week by myself.  I think it's better to play with someone else as it puts a bit of a competitive edge on the game and that's a good way to improve your game.  I'm a bit of a hacker, but about once a fortnight I have a hit with a couple of mates who are PGA pros and I always seem to play better.  But, at the end of the day it's all about getting out and having some fun, so if like me you can't always find someone to have a hit with then get out and belt the little white sucker by yourself.  Just be honest with yourself and count every shot!

Makes no difference for me whether I'm playing against others or by myself as I'm always playing the course itself.

I'm pretty introverted so (other than when playing with family or friends) I don't "chit chat" with people I don't know and don't wish to know so I'm pretty much playing by myself anyway. Of course I'll do the things expected of me like the occasional encouraging outburst to them for a good shot or "thanks" after being complimented about one of my shots but that's because it's polite, not because I want to talk to them. ;-)

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I go play alone a lot. I just moved to NC from Virginia and I don't know anyone here so I play all the time and sometimes get paired with a 2 some or 3 some and have a great time. It's all about playing the game, It is more fun with someone though

I play 9 holes after work by myself at least 2x a week - get paired with some cool people.    Makes you focus more when playing with others you don't know which is always a plus

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I do both. I try new things when I'm alone, you know, riskier shots when I'm alone. I play more conservative and focused when I play with others.

Callaway X-Hot Driver

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood

Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 3,4,&5 Hybrids

Callaway FT I-Brid Irons and Wedges

Odyssey Two Ball Putter

I don't know if I've posted in this thread before but I love playing by myself for the simple fact that if there's no one around...I can hit 2 or 3 balls.

I also like playing with others for the simple fact that I'm pretty goddang competitive.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Some of my favorite rounds have been twilight golf after work, usually around 4:00 pm, on a warm Summer night, playing as a single and being paired up with 1 or 2 like minded singles at the local muni.  Everybody just wants to play a relaxed game of golf after work but still practice their game.  It's always interesting, for me at least, to hear how others approach the game.  Sure you may get paired with a complete ******* every once in awhile but I've found these instances to be few and far in between.

I was apprehensive about playing by myself, given how new I was to the game this past season, so I waited until very late in the year before heading out by myself. I didn't end up paired up with anyone those times, so it was very nice for me to relax and work on my game. There were a number of holes where I hit 2-3 balls off the tee, and spent a lot of time around the greens working on pitching and chipping.

I really enjoyed those rounds, and the time flew by for me.

Russ B.

Best, one time golf experiences? Score?  Place, e.g., Pebble or Spyglass?  Drive? Iron shot,sunk? Chip? Pitch? Putt?  Tournament? Birdie? Eagle?

Mine: Drove into the water on a short par 4. Sank a 9 iron for birdie in a tournament we won; 2nd hole.

Best, one time golf experiences? Score?  Place, e.g., Pebble or Spyglass?  Drive? Iron shot,sunk? Chip? Pitch? Putt?  Tournament? Birdie? Eagle?

Mine: Drove into the water on a short par 4. Sank a 9 iron for birdie in a tournament we won; 2nd hole.

This post confuses me (mostly because it's in this thread).  At first I thought, "maybe he is talking about best golf experience while playing 9 or 18 by yourself," but then the last sentence rules that out.

• Upvote 1

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

None of my friends like to play as much as I do. I've had periods in my life where I would play 7 days a week, including 36 on weekends. I might have a buddy or two join up once during the week or on the weekend but I'd normally show up to the course alone. I am perfectly content playing by myself but I don't mind playing with friends or strangers.

• Upvote 1

Driver: Cobra Amp Cell

3/5 Wood: Adams Ovation

Irons: Cobra UFI

Putter: Titleist Dead Center, circa 1985

Quote:

Originally Posted by metrybill

This post confuses me (mostly because it's in this thread).  At first I thought, "maybe he is talking about best golf experience while playing 9 or 18 by yourself," but then the last sentence rules that out.

I was thinking the same right up to the punch line.  If it was a tournament it has nothing to do with this thread. :blink:

If he had done something  like that while playing alone it wouldn't matter, because without witnesses, it never happened. ;-)

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Tomorrow I will be playing alone, or at least with people I do not know. I actually enjoy playing with new people because I take the game a bit more seriously. When I play with my buddies we usually just goof around.

Note: This thread is 3140 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!