IGNORED

PureStrike 5 Simple Keys DVDs - Now Available

Note: This thread is 3516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Originally Posted by cliffj

There's a book?

Not really no. Neither I, nor Dave or Chuck, had anything to do with that book, have never SEEN the book, have sought to have it removed, and we don't encourage anyone to buy it at all.

And that's all I'll say about that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooops Ok now I can't order the dvds fast enough. It did seem a bit odd that nobody said anything about a book. Leave it to me to find it and purchase.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

• Administrator
Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

Ooops Ok now I can't order the dvds fast enough. It did seem a bit odd that nobody said anything about a book. Leave it to me to find it and purchase.

There's a long story behind it that involves the fact that there are basically two "Medicus" companies out there. Anyway, this thread is for the discussion of the DVDs, currently the only officially released media by Chuck and Dave (and myself) - not counting the instructor manual or the really simple student handout.

I'll attach that here.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks for the student guide.  I've gone through the first two videos and my first impression is good.  You have simplified the approach, which helps a lot.  I will write a full review on this when I am done watching.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:

Not really no. Neither I, nor Dave or Chuck, had anything to do with that book, have never SEEN the book, have sought to have it removed, and we don't encourage anyone to buy it at all.

And that's all I'll say about that.

Darn , wish I'd read this post about 10 minutes earlier !

I have watched my DVDs many times , and am already seeing great progress................so I ordered the Kindle book thinking it would be a good supplement .

Unfortunately , the book is disturbingly hard to read because ALL of the photos are labeled wrong ( kinda defeats the purpose ).

Other than that , I think the info is right on .

I would warn everyone to be happy with the DVDs , and look forward to the online additions Erik alluded to when they become available !

Michael

Just curious if anyone knows the difference between the PureStrike/5Keys vs. Stack and Tilt. I'm familiar with Golf Evolution through their great YouTube S&T; drill clips and thought those guys are S&T; instructors. I also bought the new S&T; DVDs recently. Although the DVDs are awesome and I'm sure I'll watch them for years to come as I progress, I wouldn't mind having something a little less complex for now as I've only been playing 1.5 years. Thanks!

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

• Administrator
Originally Posted by scopek

Just curious if anyone knows the difference between the PureStrike/5Keys vs. Stack and Tilt. I'm familiar with Golf Evolution through their great YouTube S&T; drill clips and thought those guys are S&T; instructors. I also bought the new S&T; DVDs recently. Although the DVDs are awesome and I'm sure I'll watch them for years to come as I progress, I wouldn't mind having something a little less complex for now as I've only been playing 1.5 years. Thanks!

We've answered the question a few times.

Short answer: the S&T; swing is a good swing, and players can achieve all 5 Keys with S&T;, but at the end of the day it's one swing pattern, and 5 Simple Keys encompasses all good swing patterns.

It turns out we never really taught S&T; purely or the way it's taught by many. We taught the components, and melded them within a varying framework. And we very quickly moved beyond what S&T; had to offer, and continued to do our own research, etc.

Both S&T; 2.0 (even though nothing's changed with the swing in six years) and 5SK are good DVDs to get. Of course, I prefer the latter, but duh...

Check out:

• http://purestrike5sk.com/
  • https://www.facebook.com/groups/5simplekeys/

Thanks for the response. Sorry if you already posted this...I did try to find it and browsed the forum; but perhaps not hard enough! I'll look into the 5K DVD. Can I assume it would compliment S&T;?

Also, do you (or anyone on this forum) know of anyone in Michigan that is teaching something close to or similar to the S&T; or 5Ks? I've checked on the S&T; and 5Ks websites and there are no listings for anyone in Michigan. I've had a few lessons with a guy in Ohio for S&T; who is a good teacher. But the drive is very long and it would be nice to have someone closer to home.

Thanks!

Brands I use:

I heard there is some guys in Erie PA that might not be to far away.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Originally Posted by iacas

We've answered the question a few times.

Short answer: the S&T; swing is a good swing, and players can achieve all 5 Keys with S&T;, but at the end of the day it's one swing pattern, and 5 Simple Keys encompasses all good swing patterns.

It turns out we never really taught S&T; purely or the way it's taught by many. We taught the components, and melded them within a varying framework. And we very quickly moved beyond what S&T; had to offer, and continued to do our own research, etc.

Both S&T; 2.0 (even though nothing's changed with the swing in six years) and 5SK are good DVDs to get. Of course, I prefer the latter, but duh...

Check out:

http://purestrike5sk.com/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5simplekeys/

I just ordered the DVDs. I'm looking forward to viewing and learning from them. I found the forum thread that talks a bit more about the difference between 5K and S&T; in which Dave Wedzik gives a nice explanation of the similarities and differences, which was very helpful. I think the S&T; 2.0 DVDs are great, but perhaps the information could be given in a more simplified manner? It seems like focusing on keeping the head still and having the weight shift to the left at impact will naturally force you to extend, tilt, and turn the way they describe. It's just too many swing thoughts for me and I'm hoping the 5Ks structure will simplify that. I'm sure I'll continue to watch the S&T; DVD and learn from them over time, but I need something stripped down for now.

Thanks!

Brands I use:

• 2 weeks later...
Any news on digital download? I can't pay $101 in shipping.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Zeph

Any news on digital download?

I can't pay $101 in shipping.

No. I'll PM you.

Originally Posted by Zeph

Any news on digital download?

I can't pay $101 in shipping.

Originally Posted by DJMassey

I would be interested in the Digital Download option too if you would be so kind as to drop me a PM

Cheers

Dave

Same goes for me. It'd cost less to ship a pair of hockey goalie pads than those DVDs

• Administrator

There are no digital downloads right now. For Zeph I was able to buy a copy and ship them to him myself. I'm happy to do that for long-time members that I know pretty well.

I got the DVDs last week. I'm very happy with them.

My two cents: I've only been playing golf for 2 years and am obviously no expert at the swing. But I will say that what they teach is remarkably close to S&T;, which I like. The thing I prefer with the 5SKs approach over S&T; is that these DVDs do a great job of getting to the same positions they're teaching in S&T;, but in a more intuitive and less technical way. For example, as I've been spending more time focusing on keep my head still over the last week, I am naturally tilting, extending, and turning better then before. The other problem I was starting to have with S&T; was too many swing thoughts and the feeling that I was chasing down too many things at once. Perhaps that has less to do with the S&Ts; DVDs and more to do with my lack of competence, but the 5SKs approach just works better for learning style. I also really like the building block approach and having goals to master before moving on. The sound quality could be improved upon, but it's not a big deal.

I would also be very interested when these come out in a digital download version so I can play them on my iPad.

I'm looking forward to continued improvement! It also look like my instructor might become certified in the 5SKs, which is great!!!

Brands I use:

Note: This thread is 3516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!