IGNORED

When You Hear "Fore!" What Do You Do?

Golfingdad
Note: This thread is 4286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Someone yells "fore!" nearby and you ...

• Duck and cover
    • Hide behind nearest tree
    • Dive into your cart
    • Look up
    • Nothing
    • Something else altogether

It may be a simple question, but I've sometimes found it amusing to see what people do/don't do when they hear fore, and I was curious what all of your reactions may be.  (Personally, I duck and throw my hands up above my head, and if I know the direction from which its coming, I'll turn away as well.)

When out on the baseball or football field, or playground, the equivalent warning phrase was always "heads up!," which seemed a little counter-productive unless you wanted a baseball between the eyes.  (But I always liked to follow directions, so when I heard that, I looked up)

Luckily for me, I have never been nailed by a golf ball before, knock on wood..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

protect my ball. don't need accidental contact and cost me.

not serious

• Upvote 1

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

I get this massive jolt of adrenalin and spaz out and cover my head....

In my  taylormade.gif Stratus Stand bag

Driver:  taylormade.gif 10.5* 2009 Burner

3 Wood: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

3 Hybrid: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

Ironstaylormade.gif  Burner 1.0 4-AW

Wedge: Cleveland CG15  56*

Putter:  taylormade.gif Rossa Monza Spider Vicino

Ball Callaway HX Diablo Tour

I Don't really duck, but I turn away from the sound and cover my head. I'd rather take dozens of body shots before 1 head shot, but hopefully neither, of course.

I make sure my temples and the back of my head are protected by my arms and turn away from wherever I think the yell came from.

A few years ago a buddy got hit in the back of the head with an errant tee shot.  He just collapsed to the ground out cold.  We seriously thought he was toast, never seen someone do that before.  Paramedic said he was really lucky.

Brad

Turn & cover my head.

I've been hit a few times, the most recent in 2008 at The Quarry in Canton, Oh. Sixth hole, a downhill par 3. My group was on the green & waved the group behind us to hit up. I stood about 30 feet to the left of the green while they hit. One guy hits his shot & yells 'Head's Up"...a split second later his ball hits me in the side on the fly - just below my ribs. Left a huge bruise that turned all yellow & purple. I mean, it dropped me like a sack of potatoes. Had he yelled Fore I would have turned away & probably not been hit cuz I would have moved.

Anyway, he gets to the green & comes up to apologize to me, and I just hissed, "The term is FORE, not Head's Up."

'Head's Up' to me, means, 'Get ready I'm about to hit.'

'Fore' means 'Look out, a ball is coming right at you.'

I Tebow behind my stand bag.

• Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by onlybereaved

I look down at the ground and chicken wing my arms over the sides of my head and face

That's exactly what I do as well.

:cobra: Amp Driver 10.5*(R)
:tmade: Burner 3W 15*(R)
:tmade: Burner 2.0 Rescue 3-4
:titleist: 714 AP1 Irons 5-pw, gw(Steel XP95 R300)
:callaway: MD3 Wedges 56, 60
:nickent:Omen Long Putter(un-anchored)

I look down at the ground and chicken wing my arms over the sides of my head and face

This. I just make an arm helmet and keep walking. If I hear a chorus of "fore" then I will hit the deck or try to put my golf bag between me and the voices.

I protect the back and sides of my head and try to turn away from where it is coming from, then hope for the best.

What's in my Micro Lite Bag:

Driver: RocketBallz Tour 9
3 Wood: V Steel 15 degree
3-PW: 762 DCIGW: CG 12 52 degree

SW/LW: spin milled 56/11, 60/7

Putter: 2 Ball 35"

I got some good advice once. When you hear someone yell fore run next to the flagstick, it is the safest place on the golf course.

• Upvote 2

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!