IGNORED

How "legit" is your best round?

trackster
Note: This thread is 4304 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by jshots

My best round is 75 but I was by myself so I left the flag stick in and therefore technically I should have taken a penalty on almost every hole.

Best 93 ever shot.

But seriously I read this rule on here the other day and unless your in a tournament why this would ever be strictly enforced or be an issue. If you are with a group you take out the flag stick once everyone is on the green because you have time. If you are alone and on the front of the green with a back pin you shouldnt have to take it out and walk all the way back.

sorry to thread jack. nvm

• Upvote 1

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Last week I shot an 85 (+13) on a course I hadn't played before. It was an easy course (70.5 / 123), and the score is fully legit. I even played the entire round with the same ball

909D2 9.5 Stiff
Z-TX 3-H Stiff
Z-TX 4-PW Reg.
CG15 DSG 52 & 56
CG12 60 degree
Trinidad (CS)

I play with a friend , we are in constant competition for the best score on our local track , we are completely staunch on the rules with each other however if my gfs playing then we let her have mulligans , a foot wedge etc , she knows if she was to card a better score than us , we would simply say,  yeah you beat us , except for the three mulligans , one ob and a foot wedge that you took , she would then say it was one mulligan and id say whatever , if its not in competition who cares that your kidding yourself

Cart Bag

Hi Bore  xls Driver

Big Bertha steelhead plus  3 and 5 Woods

Pro Gold 20 and 24 degree Hybrids

MD Superstrong Irons

MD Norman Drew Low Bounce wedges

Putter 

• 3 weeks later...

My "best" rounds were shot in the 80s playing 18 holes on a 9-hole course. A 75 and a 76 I believe. I'd also like to believe we played by all the rules, but with no signed card to help jog my memory, I'm not 100% sure. Which means the 77 I shot 2 summers ago (a boat load of 78-80 rounds since) on a longer 18 hole track, and that I know was legit,  is probably my true lowest round.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

The only time any round I play isn't "legit" is when I am out with my instructor. No scorecard in sight for that. We go out when it's slow and take multiple shots in certain instances where he's showing me something. When I play, even by myself it is what it is. I want to remember when I had a quad and try to figure out why it happened. Was it a penalty, poor shot selection, missed putts or whatever

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My best score is 73. I played by the rules, but it is only about 70% legit.

Why?

Because I play such an easy and forgiving course: short, wide-open, no real 'rough' to speak of.  I only hit three fairways, and several of my drives were so bad that I found the adjacent fairway.  Not only that, but I was playing from the white tees (67.7 / 114: 5790yds), and I'm guessing some of the tees were up a bit.

So... yeah, I shot 73 and followed the rules. But I probably would have been in the high 90s on a course that was even slightly punitive, had real rough, etc.

OP... Integrity.  Your buddy should be counting every stroke.  And you don't get to play the hole again, because you had a bad hole.

Yesterday in the Open Championship... Did Scott get to re-putt on 18 when he missed his 4th shot for par?  No.  It counted.  Did he get to re-tee his ball on 18 when it landed in the trap?  No.  Play it as it lies, and get better.

These kind of threads are ridiculous.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4304 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!