IGNORED

Tom Cruise the Scientologist

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 4307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by The Tin Man

What would Tom Cruise do?

Great bumper sticker, only most people wouldn't get the joke.

Ha I didn't think about that!

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

praying for me is pushing your beliefs on me.

Tom Cruise would probably cause a distraction citing post pardom depression is a load of huey

Praying for you isn't pushing beliefs at all. Honestly, I forgot you last night, and in Mass this morning. Carry on in your black lifeless no light at the end of the tunnel life. I mean don't you feel depressed. In 30 years you die. And you think that's it?!?!?! In 70 years I die, but then live forever in eternity. But alas. You know I've got a party to go to.

WWTCD? I'll walk with a building exploding behind me as heat waves from the pavement rises next to me, and the opening riff of Iron Man cues.

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

Originally Posted by Domenic

Praying for you isn't pushing beliefs at all. Honestly, I forgot you last night, and in Mass this morning. Carry on in your black lifeless no light at the end of the tunnel life. I mean don't you feel depressed. In 30 years you die. And you think that's it?!?!?! In 70 years I die, but then live forever in eternity. But alas. You know I've got a party to go to.

WWTCD? I'll walk with a building exploding behind me as heat waves from the pavement rises next to me, and the opening riff of Iron Man cues.

It is naive to think your way is the only way. Maybe you are the one disillusioned, living a life of some man made religion that imposes rules on you. Catholicism is one of the most money driven religions. Buying your relatives out of purgatory. Purgatory that was made up just like the devil to control you and keep you in the church donating your money. I understand, some people can not think on their own so religion works for them. They are not bad people, just misled.

Isn't this thread on the wrong forum?

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Scientology was founded by a science-fiction writer. As a philosophical worldview - it sucks.

All emotional troubles are caused by Thetans (bodyless aliens) who were stranded on Earth when there wasn't enough room on the spaceships that evacuated them to another place. These spirit being inhabit humans without them knowing it and consequently experience depression, anxiety, and psychosis.

The truth is that most emotional problems are caused by poor timing or a poor swingpath.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Nope. It's in The Grill Room. We've had religion talk in The Grill Room before.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

Should we move it to the sports forum?

LOL Domenic.  You're one of those all worship, no works religious nutters.  You know the kind that pray to God every Sunday and then flip someone off in the church parking lot afterward.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Wow. Calling someone else's life black and lifeless is not very Christian. Where's the other cheek??

And what's with the exploding building imagery? Are you the Christian Neo, fighting the evil Matrix of heathens? You aren't living in a movie..why not come join us in the real world? It's quite nice here, you know..

dak4n6

Originally Posted by jamo

Nope. It's in The Grill Room. We've had religion talk in The Grill Room before.

I guess we'll settle our wagers on the 18th green and I'll avoid the Grill Room altogether. :)

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Originally Posted by dak4n6

Wow. Calling someone else's life black and lifeless is not very Christian. Where's the other cheek??

And what's with the exploding building imagery? Are you the Christian Neo, fighting the evil Matrix of heathens? You aren't living in a movie..why not come join us in the real world? It's quite nice here, you know..

He just doesn't know that he is already at the party. Religion won't let him enjoy it without feeling guilty.

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

I guess we'll settle our wagers on the 18th green and I'll avoid the Grill Room altogether. :)

Just let the mouse slide by this thread Rusty....

Applying Game Theory to is there a god:

If you believe there is and are correct you go to heaven. If your wrong nothing happens.

If you don't believe and are correct nothing happens. If your wrong...................your still covered because in a parallel universe you are a believer. The other guy gets to go to hell. Isn't science wonderful!

"Quick Dorthy....the oil can!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

It is naive to think your way is the only way. Maybe you are the one disillusioned, living a life of some man made religion that imposes rules on you. Catholicism is one of the most money driven religions. Buying your relatives out of purgatory. Purgatory that was made up just like the devil to control you and keep you in the church donating your money. I understand, some people can not think on their own so religion works for them. They are not bad people, just misled.

You yourself are extremely mislead. Catholicsm had a couple corrupt rulers in the early middle ages. We learned about that this year. They were sunful and sold luxuries to people so they'd "get in to heaven." The same way you'd say not to think ALL muslims are evil becasue of a couple terrorists, it worz the same way. Maybe you're resentful because you secretly know that we're right, and you want to join but refuse to put your pride on the shelf. OR MAYBE you really think that there is no God. Either way, you people's attitude creeps me out. I'm headed back to Webkinz. But before I go, I just wanted to say......At least I can a day without changing to my avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak4n6 View Post

I said WWTC before it. As in saying "What would Tom Cruise Do?" He's known to be the hero in movies, that's what he would do. It was jest, gosh.

LOL Domenic.  You're one of those all worship, no works religious nutters.  You know the kind that pray to God every Sunday and then flip someone off in the church parking lot afterward.

WOAH!!!! I leave for 48 hrs. and THIS is what I find. I mean literally like my cuz 14 birthday party. I typed b4 i left. I mean I'll get verbally raped for this quote, BUT I do love the feeling so here I go.

"For the mesure of which you judge others wil in turn be judged unto you." Reason I avoided judgement all together.

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

Hmmm. ... suddenly this year a new revelation about corrupt leaders? Or maybe fear of educated members leaving the church because of unrealistic rules and requirements. You haven't even asked me what my beliefs are because you have "prejudged" me. Which is what religions teach quite often. And to make reference that changing my avatar is evidence of anything substantial is completely ignorant and pathetic. Domenic you have been brainwashed. You are comfortably numb and happy with it. I used to follow Christianity but just couldn't buy into all of it without ignoring ration. I happy you are happy with your religion and that is fine with me but God does not have a plan for you. I will leave you with one question. If YOU are killed by someone, does the person that murdered you go to hell and why? This is a post from my not as smart as it thinks it is phone.

Quote:

WOAH!!!! I leave for 48 hrs. and THIS is what I find. I mean literally like my cuz 14 birthday party. I typed b4 i left. I mean I'll get verbally raped for this quote, BUT I do love the feeling so here I go.

"For the mesure of which you judge others wil in turn be judged unto you." Reason I avoided judgement all together.

Um, are you forgetting the numerous insensitive and bigoted remarks you've made here.  Take your anti-semetic statements from a few weeks ago.  Remember the ones where you said Jews are cheap and don't tip caddies???

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

FWIW, I've noticed that the most hypocritical people are ardent christians.  Just from my personal experience.

Now as to OP's point, I don't care what a particular person believes in as long as they don't try to push it on me.  Most people already knew Tom (and John Travolta as well as other big name celebrities) believes in Scientology.  So what?  Let them believe what they want to believe.  It's not my problem.  I have too much problem of my own to worry about.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 4307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!