IGNORED

Which ball do you use? or prefer?

Note: This thread is 5613 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which ball do you play or prefer?

• Titleist Pro-V1
    • Titleist Pro-V1x
    • Taylormade TP/Red
    • Taylormade TP/Black
    • Srixon Z-URC
    • Srixon Z-URS
    • Callaway HX TOUR
    • Callaway HX TOUR 56
    • Bridgestone B330
    • Bridgestone B330-S
    • Nike One Black
    • Nike One Platinum
    • Callaway HX HOT
    • Titleist NXT
    • Titleist NXT Tour
    • Top-Flite D2
    • Titleist DT-Solo
    • Nike Juice 312

I like to play the Bridgestone E-5's or the SrixonTriSpeed. I voted for the Callaway Hot as they are a great ball also.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10degree
3 Wood: TaylorMade R7 Draw
5 Wood: Callaway BB
Hybrid: TaylorMade R7 Draw 19D
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 4- AWWedge Cleveland CG10Putter: Oddessy 2 BallBall: Bridgestone E5/E6

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always enjoy playing the Titleist ProV1 line of balls. I like the ProV1 X, not because I'm a super long hitter, but it spins less off the driver, FW's, and long irons than the original ProV1. I really like the trajectory, ball flight, & approach spin of the 'X' when I'm striking the ball well. Very boring / penetrating flight with very little baloon to it (unlike the DT Solo, which for me, soars into the stratosphere off of every club...?????)

I like the Bridgestone B330 & E6 "Tobu" models as well. If they still made them, I would play the Precept EV Extra Spin exclusively.

Fairways & Greens

Am I the only guy on the planet that hits Pinnacle (long)? I know they are cheep but I like the way they feel. I know they might not have the 'cool' factor, but what am I missing?

Control, for me as I have improved my focus becomes more which shot and how to execute it. I feel I can improve my control a greater amount for a longer time than I can add to my length. Pinnacle sacrifices to much control for a small increase in length.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I voted HX Hot!

In my bag
Driver FT-5 10*
3-wood: tour burner
5-wood: sasquatch
Irons: x-18 pro seires 4-PWWedges: X Tour 52* 56* 60*putter: Sabertoothball: TP blackFirst ace: 20/09/2007

I always enjoy playing the Titleist ProV1 line of balls. I like the ProV1 X, not because I'm a super long hitter, but it spins less off the driver, FW's, and long irons than the original ProV1. I really like the trajectory, ball flight, & approach spin of the 'X' when I'm striking the ball well. Very boring / penetrating flight with very little baloon to it (unlike the DT Solo, which for me, soars into the stratosphere off of every club...?????)

plus 1000 on the EV Extra Spin. They made that ball when I played in highschool and it was one of my favs. Also, really liked the original Nike Tour Accuracy. My best summer ever--- which included 2 hole in ones---on back to back days (yeah i know it sounds like b.s. but i was in the paper and everything) was spent playing the Nike Tour Accuracy.

My (current) Sticks:

Callaway X Hot 3 Wood
MacTech NVG2 Mids 4-GW
Cleveland DSG RTG+ 56*/60*Ping G5i Craz-E PutterK. I. S. S.

hello all
i'm new to the forums :)

so what i've read so far, i'm going back and forth on Callaway HX Hot, Bridgestone B330, Titleist Pro v1, and Titleist DT Solo (this one was my pick :p). due to financial reasons, i'm swaying more towards HX hot and Titleist DT Solo. It seems like the HX Hots seem to be more of the preference around here, but it didn't get many votes...

how are the HX Hot and DT Solos with control/softness/or whatever you call it? i've heard a lot of talk about distance which is great, but i'm still learning to control my ball. i just enrolled in golf class at my university and i'm in the market of buying new balls..

i also played with my friend's titleist ball a few days ago and i loved it! however, it didnt have any labels on it, just titleist. does anybody know what ball that is?

oh yea, it was my first time taking score and i shot a 98 :)

I play whatever I have on hand, which is almost every ball ever made. I'm a pond diver, so I probably have at least one of almost every ball on the market. It's crazy. I have about 150 to 200 premium balls at home. And another 200 or so that are just average balls.

Balls I use on a Regular basis:

Titleist ProV1 and ProV1x, NXT's, DT-Solo's, HVC's,

Nike MoJo's, Nike Juice 312, Nike One Black and Platinum, Nike Power Distance, etc...

Callaway HX tour, HX Tour 56, Big Bertha, HX Hot, Warbird, etc...

Pretty much any ball you can think of, I own or have hit at least one of them. Except for that one rare PING black ball.
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

I really like the TaylorMade TP Red's, they have a really soft feel and I use them, but they are quite expensive and I like the NXT Tours and PTS SoLo's a lot.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

• 1 month later...
AD333 for normal rounds
Z-URS for important rounds

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I've been playing the TP reds this year. I got a couple packs really cheap and the end of the year from golftown because apparently they have a new model coming up next year (6 piece ball ?). It seems to go almost as far as the Pro V1s I've played but I don't seem to spin it quite as much which keeps it straighter for me. Before that though I really liked the NXT tours but haven't played the new one. Anyone find much of a difference between the new NXTs?

In Ozone blue/argyle bag:

Driver: G10 - 10.5 Grafalloy Prolauch Red Stiff
5 wood: G5 with grafalloy prolaunch blue
Irons 4-Gap: AP2 - Project X 5.5 SW: CG10 56degreeLW: Bob Vokey Spin Milled 60 degreePutter: Studio Style Newport 2 (Custom Shop)Ball: TP Black/Red

I play whatever I have on hand, which is almost every ball ever made. I'm a pond diver, so I probably have at least one of almost every ball on the market. It's crazy. I have about 150 to 200 premium balls at home. And another 200 or so that are just average balls.

And, which one do you like the best?

Pro V1x all the way. I haven't tried many other balls, but I'm completely satisfied with the performance of the Pro V1x. The ball goes forever, it spins but not to much, feels great on the club in all situations, and it's durable. Just wish they were cheaper.

There is only one ball.........Titleist Pro-V1x!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I really like the SFT-2 from Nike. I would play the One Blacks if I could afford to hit around a 4 dollar golf ball.

Driver:  Speedline 9.5° w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch AXIS Red Shaft
Fairway:  '07 Burner Fairways
Irons:  Apex Edge 3-W

Wedge:  52° & 58° /  60° 588 Satin

Putter:  Anser 4

I am a big fan of the SFT-2 from Nike myself. Just seem to have a great feel.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Note: This thread is 5613 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!