IGNORED

Are you stuck on a glove?

Note: This thread is 4211 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Lost-Ball

really? the new warbirds feel stiff as can be to me.i wear a medium large and i could barely close my hand with that stupid glove on. yes u have to give them time to break in but no thanks. tried on the TM R11 and it "fit like a glove" . i like the older warbirds from a few years ago

I like the stiff feel around the back of the hand, and the soft feel of the palm, as well as how amazingly well they breathe.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

I use Nike Durafeel gloves, for one they feel good and last longer then most gloves but more importantly they are one of the easiest gloves to find for left handed golfers that are also good quality, no offense to FJ!

As far as cheap gloves go, I have used the same pair (Johnny Two-Glove here) of Confidence golf wet weather gloves for the past year and a half. They come in 3 packs per hand and end up being around $4 each. I'm still on the same pair from the beginning of last year. They have survived very well and, until recently, there was not a tear or blemish on the gloves. Sadly, they will be retired in the near future as they are almost worn through on the palm .

L4V 9* Stiff flex

3W-PW Reg Flex

RBZ Clone 54* Apollo Black Steel Reg Flex

Custom Bionik 504 set for crossgrip

Cart Bag or  Stand Bag

Z Star XV or  TP Black LDP to show off

Originally Posted by darkhunter139

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

Here's a picture of the glove I use:

Well played haha.

I keep trying to play without my glove but it just feels weird swinging without it now.  I think it does help with my grip when it is really humid out but otherwise I don't think there is much benefit.

I have been using the Footjoy weathersoft gloves for a while now, they are my favorite.

Same one I use - can't beat the price!!

Couldn't go to it straightaway though - athletic tape and some moleskin type stuff from 3M did the trick. Full cords or NDMC help too.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Got some Calloway "all weather" gloves some time ago and really hated them. After a few holes, it felt like my hands were slipping in the glove. I eventually found out that they put some sort of "powder" (talc? cornstarch?) inside the glove. Perhaps to make it easier to try on. Anyway, once the perspiration from your hands gets this powder wet, it is really slippery! Solved the problem by washing the inside of the glove with a bit of detergent and plenty of water. Now they seem fine.

Originally Posted by carrx

I use the Mizuno.  It seems a better quality leather, and more of it.  My regular FootJoy or Titleist gloves seem to wear out and lose their elasticity after a few rounds, but the Mizuno glove does not.  My hand sweats quite a bit when I play, and it dries the gloves out to the point where I can no longer grip the club comfortably.

Mizuno Skintite for me

Almost feels like no glove its that thin

Taylormade RBZ 10.5 driver, Taylormade Burner 2.0 15 deg 3 wood, Mizuno JPX800 19deg hybrid, Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-PW, Titleist Vokey 52,56,60 rusty wedges, Odyssey White Ice #7 360gm tour weight, Bridgestone B330S

• 2 months later...

FootJoy WeatherSof for me. I tried the Warbirds because the price was attractive but I split them on the vent holes of the fingers after just 6-7 round which is a couple of weeks at best for me. I bought 4 FJ gloves in August and I'm still on the first one.

910 D2 10.5  910F 3w  910H 19*

712 AP1 4-GW  Vokey SM4 54* and 58*

Select Golo  E5

I tried those highly touted Herzl kangaroo leather gloves and while they are nice and have excellent gripping capabilities, they do not last long at all. I went through three over a 6 month period. I bought a random Titleist from a pro shop before a round a while back because the Herzl split during range hitting. Couldn't tell you the type, but it is very thin and has already outlasted the 3 Herzls lifespans combined.

Used to buy what's on sale at Golfsmith, but after hearing all the endorsements on Footjoy I will probably get stuck on them. I have two pairs now, left and right. They have lasted a month so far.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Costco gloves come in a 3 pack for less than $15. They are as good as any glove I have ever used. They are sized a little big. I wear a ML Footjoy, but wear a medium in the Costco glove.

Footjoy guy here as well.  Haven't tried too many gloves, pretty much started out buying those multi packs of warbirds from walmart, but since I picked up a SPIDR2 at my pro shop I haven't needed a new one.  It's grown a bit rigid with all the sweat drying, but it still fits comfortably with more than enough pad left throughout the glove.  I also picked up a two pack of WeatherSofs at a local range when I forgot to put the spidr back in my bag, and have really enjoyed those as well.  Pretty much use the spidr for the range now and the weathersofs when i play, both are great gloves and I can definitely see why they are so popular.

I think I've tried almost every glove, but all wear out so quick. I'm down to just buying cheap leather gloves in bulk from amazon. But for fit and comfort, footjoy and titleist stand out in my mind.

Note: This thread is 4211 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!