IGNORED

What shots do you have in the bag?

Note: This thread is 4300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When I end up in the trees on the right side, I have a pretty sweet 70 degree hook with my 3 hybrid. I used it in competition once and ended up parring the number 1 handicap hole. Now the trouble is, not hitting the shot in the middle of the fairway with that club!

In my  taylormade.gif Stratus Stand bag

Driver:  taylormade.gif 10.5* 2009 Burner

3 Wood: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

3 Hybrid: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

Ironstaylormade.gif  Burner 1.0 4-AW

Wedge: Cleveland CG15  56*

Putter:  taylormade.gif Rossa Monza Spider Vicino

Ball Callaway HX Diablo Tour

I was just about to say, flop shots have been played for decades - usually with a 56* or 55* sand wedge.  I usually carry a 58*, but it still gets played when necessary with a 54*, 56*, 58* or 60*.

Originally Posted by David in FL

With proper technique, a 58* wedge is MORE than enough loft to pretty much hit yourself in the chin if you if you like....

A true flop is rarely required.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I can hit a decent fade with most clubs above my 8 iron. I hit my punch outs with a 4 iron when my fade shows up uninvited. My best shot though is one I was doing without realizing it, I just read in a recent magazine (golf digest I think) an article by Ricky Fowler. He said that a shot everyone should try is a high long iron shot, I can hit my long irons way up there by putting them far forward in my stance and a soft landing with minimal roll out is very advantageous on the course

a shot I really have a lot of fun hitting is with a 5 iron and the ball a little back in my stance.  Its kind of a knockdown swing.  It flies low and still gets out to about 200.  It just feels awesome to hit.

I'm really good at hitting chip shots from downhill lies(miss a green enough times and you get used to it, lol)

Hitting a fade or draw with my hybrid.  I also use the hybrid to punch under trees.  Last round I played I had a really cool looking shot(didn't land where I wanted) with the hybrid from a severe downhill lie.  It probably didn't get 10 feet off the ground the whole way but flew its normal distance.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

I played with a guy today who never hit a chip shot. Every shot within 30 yards was a flop. ANYWAYS. I like these answers. I am noticing when I punch my 5 iron to get under trees it can easily still run atleast 170 yards

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by David in FL

With proper technique, a 58* wedge is MORE than enough loft to pretty much hit yourself in the chin if you if you like....

Yeah, I spoke too soon, I figured out how to do it easily with the 58* and now can do this shot

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

I been playing a lot of golf with my Son. He uses a flop shot with a 56 Wedge virtually every shot around the green, with great accuracy. We are playing in the morning, and I'm bound and determined to start playing this shot. So much better than my approach for years with a bump and run pitching wedge.

I can punch pretty well with my 3-4 iron.

Since I'm a lefty, I don't try any of that fancy stuff ;)

I've actually gotten the flop shot down pretty well with my 60 degree. It's become a very useful tool in my arsenal (or lack there of). My bump and run is pretty rough. I don't really practice it too much. Flop shots get a lot of work because I chip golf balls in my back yard with my lab. She chases them down and brings them back to me. It's done wonders for my short game.

I can slice a shot like hell if I want to. My miss is a hook but when I try to do a controlled draw it just gets ugly and goes straight right (I'm a lefty).

Punching a shot out I don't work on too much either but I usually go with a 4 or 5.

• 2 weeks later...

im ok with the flop shot but it is very hard to control distance.. biggest part is committing to the shot and I generally use it if I'm on the edge of the green or have to clear a bunker and the pin is on the short side of the green. it will stop within a foot of wherever it lands for me as I never really get any spin on it. I use a 60* with 7* of bounce

for punch outs i use a 5 if i have to keep it low for a good distance but if there is just a couple limbs out to about 10-15 yards ill play a 7 way back in my stance and get a little more carry. i feel like theres a little more control with the 7 just cause its a shorter club and it won't run as much as the 5. I'm right handed and idk about you but i can either hit it straight or put a little draw on it and run it down the middle of the fairway if I'm on the left side of the fairway which is generally where i end up.

I have a natural little fade which makes it hard for me to hit a draw. I've been practicing a draw for about 2 months and sometimes its perfect, sometimes it hooks, and sometimes it just goes perfectly straight but everyone is different and has a natural draw, fade, straight shot.

I cannot draw on command but i can definitely hook it!! haha ill aim to the left of my target and club down but close/deloft the club and just swing along the same path as my feet

Note: This thread is 4300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!