IGNORED

Who has more than one set of clubs and what do you do with them?

lhrocker
Note:Β This thread is 4248 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I have an extra R11 TI 5 and 7 wood and hybrid. The ones that sit are the ones a club maker made for me, but he placed too much hot melt in the head, and I can't handle the additional grams on the end of the stick at the moment. An expensive mistake at the moment. I did not realize the club maker likes heavy headed clubs - but I don't right now. By chance, I bought a Titleist 910f 7 wood with the right shaft for me - I loved the feel, weight, and balance of the club in my hands. Guess I am partly a feel type. I've got to love the way a club feels and looks, and the balance. The right shaft is a necessity. From the 7 wd, now a 4 wood and a 910h Hybrid.

I also keep a couple of higher lofted wedges...

I was once really bad - 2 sets of everything and many putters. But got rid of everything about 3 years ago except for the essentials.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22Β HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7Β Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What do I do with my spare clubs?Β Β  I have 10' ceilings in my garage.....they are great for knocking down cobwebs!!

HEH

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big BerthaΒ Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
-Β CallawayΒ Big BerthaΒ 4-5 Rescue Clubs
--Β Mizuno Mx-25 sixΒ iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I have a new set of burner 2.0, and a old set of excalibers.

I hit my 7 iron from my old set on the driveway to see the mark that i make on a patch of duct tape i put down to make sure im consistent with my ground impact point lol

It has actually helped a lot helping me find the correct distance from the ball.

I also use my old 9 wood Β (I know LOL) to hit my dogs tennis ball all the way across the yard for a fun game of catch.

Good use of old clubs if you ask me.

Oh yea, I used the shaft from my old 4 iron to support my new tree i planted in the back yard. Β ROFL

WTS 1 set of slightly used clubs... Anyone?

• 1 month later...

So, now I have two full sets of clubs.Β  Just moved out West and had a visitor who was a golfer, so headed to golfgalaxy and picked up a set of Titleist 755s for $95, and a used Odyssey putter for $40.Β  Threw my old driver and old wedges in the bag and now have a full set for family/friends to use when they visit.

You guys are amateurs. ;-) At any given time....

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEXΒ  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Originally Posted by DufnerDip

that looks like a complete waste of money..

LOL

In my bag

Driver:Β Β  Β  Β SLDR 10.5*

Hybrids: Β Β Taylormade RBZ Stage 2

Irons:Β Β Β  Β  Β NikeVR PRO 4-PW

Wedges:Β Β  Nike VR Pro 50* 54* 58*

Putter:Β  Β  Β  2014 Newport 2

Ball:Β Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β E6

that looks like a complete waste of money..

Not much of a business man eh?

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEXΒ  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

That's a lotta' clubs....and a lotta' shoes!!

Wow......One of my regular partners buys 3 sets of clubs a year, so I'm not totally shocked.Β  he mostly does trades so I don't think he has that many on hand at any time.Β Β  At my very most....I rotated between 4 pairs of shoes and that is excessive!......but 12....plus the sandals?Β  Niiiiiiice!!Β Β  hahahaha

What's in Paul's Bag:

Originally Posted by LBlack14

It's called discretionary income....... that room is no different than another person of lesser means spending theirs going bowling on Saturday night.

What's in Paul's Bag:

I am guilty of keeping hanging on to old sets I should move... I had to dedicate a spare bedroom as basically a Golf Locker room with a few bags full of old clubs for sure.

Been playing Ping irons last decade so I still have a few earlier iron sets hanging around including my Β Eye 2 irons I played in college but after playing blades I went back to Pings when my golf toned down.. back playing regularly and using I-20s and I love them after a full Summer.....but all in all I do love the feel of my oldΒ my old blades... Wilson Staff Goose Necks.. I put some new Winn Mid Size Wraps, damn they feel good still on the range.

Anyone play the Anser Irons?

Like LBlack14 I'm a gear junkie.Β  I have 10 sets of which 6 rarely get used.Β  My kid (age 12) has 2 sets of juniors he uses, a custom set and the Adams Teen set. I also have 3 kids sets he used to use but has outgrown.Β  My mom of live 800 miles away keeps a set at my house taking my total to 16 sets of clubs.Β  Only 1 set is older than 6 years old.Β  I play my Mizunos today but Im switching to the I20's or Answers here soon (by the EOY), my Mizunos will then become my travel set.Β  I keep a few sets around for buddies or family who visit and choose not to bring clubs.Β  I also have a set I leave at the club which I pay for them to babysit, but a rarely play them anymore since I rarely am without my everyday Zunos.

Even more scary is my putter situation.Β  I have about 30-40 putters laying around not in sets.Β  Some are new high $$$ and not being used, some are old, and some are collectable, but I still keep them around just to keep proving to myself that I really am crazy!

Originally Posted by LBlack14

i dont understand how thats being a businessman when he's never gonna get rid of 90% of that crap and doesn't use over half of it. u call it a businessman, i call it saving my money.

Some spend money on cars, homes, boats, country club memberships, golf clubs, etc.Β  If they have the money, what does it matter to you?

i dont understand how thats being a businessman when he's never gonna get rid of 90% of that crap and doesn't use over half of it. u call it a businessman, i call it saving my money.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Some spend money on cars, homes, boats, country club memberships, golf clubs, etc.Β  If they have the money, what does it matter to you?

it doesn't matter to at all just saying thats a little ridiculous that someone owns almost everything you can see in golfsmith. Even if I had the money whats the point? One set of clubs doesn't play the same as another so why have 20 bags and 30 sets of driver, woods, irons, wedges to switch out? Just saying theres zero consistency in that and I can guarantee 95% of pros have never used anything close to that many sets of clubs.

Originally Posted by jamo

I have the Nike Vr Pro Combo irons in my bag, but I also have a few other sets. Mizuno MP 57s and Adams CB3s, to be specific. I've got two extra bags set up with spare woods, wedges, and putters for when I play with friends (who mostly don't have clubs, or at least not clubs that are as nice as my spare sets). I'm not sure what I'd do if I flew anywhere. If it was a once-in-a-lifetime type course (Pebble, St. Andrews, that sort of thing), I'd probably bring the Nikes. Otherwise I would likely put the Adams in.

You sound like a nike guy to me sell me your adams

I have three complete sets, and about 90%Β of a fourth.Β  I just like hitting different gear, buy 90% of it used so it doesn't kill me financially to have it around.Β  Right now I'm on a 3wd kick, think I have six kicking around.Β  I'll get to a point of saturation then take clubs out side by side and hit them to determine which I like best, then sell off the rest...and start over down the line.

I know it doesn't make me a better golfer, but gear is part of what I enjoy about the sport....

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

I don't think you can guarantee that, most pro's are gear heads and probably have 10x as many clubs, the difference is they get them for free from whoever sponsors them.

Maybe Erik will repost a picture of his garage, I'd expect most pro's have rooms or garages in their house that look similar.

it doesn't matter to at all just saying thats a little ridiculous that someone owns almost everything you can see in golfsmith. Even if I had the money whats the point? One set of clubs doesn't play the same as another so why have 20 bags and 30 sets of driver, woods, irons, wedges to switch out? Just saying theres zero consistency in that and I can guarantee 95% of pros have never used anything close to that many sets of clubs.

Joe Paradiso

Note:Β This thread is 4248 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!