• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
Jimbo Slice

LeBron James gives nod to Arnold Palmer with Nike shoe design

:no: So ugly. I wonder if LeBron knows how many majors Palmer won. Maybe he just likes the drink.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Those things are uglier than Charles Barkley's swing.

Originally Posted by bwdial

Those things are uglier than Charles Barkley's swing.

That is funny, I just spit up my coffee.

As a semi-retired sneakerhead myself I like the LeBron 9's but these are ugly. Cool that he gave a nod to Arnold Palmer but I wouldnt be caught in these shoes. The funny part is that on a sneaker forum I check out young guys cant wait to get their hands on these. Wouldnt surprise me if these went for $200

From the looks of those hideously ugly shoes, I'm guessing it wasn't Arnold Palmer the golfer we all admire but instead some other guy named Arnie Palmer who runs a cheap tourist souvenir T-shirt shop in South Beach.

I hate to be of the dissenting opinion but I think that these would look pretty great with some nice cargos and a salmon polo to match the nike swoosh. I'd wear em. Wouldn't pay 200 though! I'm not even a Lebron fan, in fact just the opposite.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
    • I like to think I leave the course better than I found it.  This includes ball marks, divots and trap raking (not that I am ever in traps).  I fix lots of ball marks on almost every hole.  I play mostly private and they are not a lot better than the public courses I play on. I use a single tine tool or a tee.  FWIW at a  country club that I play regularly they give out the single tine tool and their "how to" specifically says do not twist a forked tool it breaks the roots. http://foregreens.com/images/ForeGreens_0009.jpg
    • Shoot upper 50s and sun with minimal wind is borderline shorts weather! I prefer cooler ish temps like that anyway, I dont sweat as much and I dont fatigue as quickly at cooler temps.
    • Expect it to be in the 50s in PH area as well in December. Not exactly Florida weather but for you northerners 50s would be a heat wave..
    • I think it's a matter of style - now if you ask shiny v. satin, I have a strong preference as to satin - I don't like shine. Give me dull industrial, flat black or satin.
    • I know you've lost control of the discussion, but still, it's an interesting question.  Although some people seem to be saying one has to be "highly skilled" to even tell if you've hit the sweet spot, which kind of closes the discussion.  That's kind of irritating.  But like I said before, perhaps it would have been better to ask, "How often do you THINK you've hit the sweet spot?"  Then there are no wrong answers.  Because then I don't have to say I actually hit the sweet spot, just that I THINK I hit the sweet spot.  And no one can tell me I didn't think that.  I think I hit the sweet spot 3 or 4 times per round, but it is also possible that my definition of "sweet spot" is looser than other people's definition.  Then there are other people in this thread who are alleging that if you hit the sweet spot the ball will fly way over your target.  I find it hard to believe that golf clubs would be designed so that if you make a perfect strike on the perfect spot, the ball will unexpectedly fly the green.  That doesn't seem like good golf club design.  The whole thread is kind of irritating, to tell the truth.  I appreciate your starting it.  I think it was a good question, even if phrased a little wrong.     
  • Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

• Get Great Gear with Amazon