IGNORED

Why is it unbelievable I can drive 300+ ?

Jimbo Slice
Note: This thread is 4246 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by NM Golf

Okay, some things I find hard to believe.

1. You hit the ball 300 yards without striking something hard (i.e. sprinkler head, cart path, drink cart)

2. This thread actually has over 200 posts debating the obvious.

I am in Las Vegas quite often as my wife is a flight attendant based there and I fly for free. I might just have to witness this feat with my own two eyes.

This is very very possible any time you have the time. I would even pay four your round of golf and drinks or dinner what ever want. Please let me know, and you can for sure see it for yourself.

Originally Posted by jamo

$100 on a swing speed device? You're putting way to much emphasis on one single swing stat that is next to meaningless for playing good golf. Make it a one-time thing, go to a Trackman, and post the speed here. Then stop thinking about how fast you swing.

I'm not really concerned with my swing speed except to help me choose what ball to buy. They thing I was slightly concerned about what someone analyzing my swing and not getting it right and everyone else believing it.

Sincerely, Jim

Look at the amount of attention and scrutiny Jimbo got by claiming a 300 drive!

I'm going to start claiming mad stuff before I post my swing vid as well!

Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice

I was also thinking of this. I searched the web and seen there are a few different kinds of personal swing speed radars. Priced monstly around 100 bucks. If anyone thinks that one of these might be accurate, I would like to buy one. I could set it up hit a ball, and then show the swing speed. I could also post the swing related to the swing speed. You could angle it up, do the math and see how close they are in comparison.

A $100 swing speed radar would be worthless.  I'd honestly put more weight in Iacas' frame-rate analysis.

I'm not really concerned with my swing speed except to help me choose what ball to buy. They thing I was slightly concerned about what someone analyzing my swing and not getting it right and everyone else believing it.

*sigh*

All I will say about this (and them I'm done), is that if, with that swing, you consistently carry your 4i 211 yards, then I can't wait to play in Vegas later this year.  Yesterday and 2 Thursdays ago I hit 4i shots about as good as I possibly can and they both went in the 215 yard range.  I also hit one off the toe yesterday and it went in the 175 yard range.  I can't wait to see how Sin City improves things.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

This is very very possible any time you have the time. I would even pay four your round of golf and drinks or dinner what ever want. Please let me know, and you can for sure see it for yourself.

First, let me say that whether you hit the ball 300 yards or 300 miles really doesn't mean anything to me. It's sad you're getting so much heat here....golf is supposed to be a fun game played by decent folks. I hate when people call other folks liars when they have zero way of knowing the truth. Relatively few people fly it 300, though, and that includes tour professionals. You may be one of them.

With that said, I live in Vegas. If you want me to show up at a range somewhere and watch you bomb it 300, lemme know. If you can do it, I'll be happy to shut these guys up.

In The Bag: - Patience - Persistence - Perseverance - Platitudes

Originally Posted by bplewis24

*sigh*

All I will say about this (and them I'm done), is that if, with that swing, you consistently carry your 4i 211 yards, then I can't wait to play in Vegas later this year.  Yesterday and 2 Thursdays ago I hit 4i shots about as good as I possibly can and they both went in the 215 yard range.  I also hit one off the toe yesterday and it went in the 175 yard range.  I can't wait to see how Sin City improves things.

I never said anything about consistently carrying my  4i 211. Just that I have a done it a few times.

Sincerely, Jim

Originally Posted by LovinItAll

First, let me say that whether you hit the ball 300 yards or 300 miles really doesn't mean anything to me. It's sad you're getting so much heat here....golf is supposed to be a fun game played by decent folks. I hate when people call other folks liars when they have zero way of knowing the truth. Relatively few people fly it 300, though, and that includes tour professionals. You may be one of them.

With that said, I live in Vegas. If you want me to show up at a range somewhere and watch you bomb it 300, lemme know. If you can do it, I'll be happy to shut these guys up.

Sounds great, we can do this any time this week or month, or at your convenience. My sleeping schedule is erratic but I'm sure we can work something out. Ill send you a PM or something here in the near future. I'm still willing to pay for people rounds that are here in town at my home course, so if you want to golf also let me know.

Sincerely, Jim

Just think, all this time you're spending debating your big stick yardage on the interwebz and blasting drives on the range, you could be practicing your putts and chips.

Iacas's swing-speed algorithm is far more impressive than hitting a 270-yard carry with that swing.  This thread is funny.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had a 324 yd drive, measured from both the GPS and the course markers/tee info.  Honestly, it's not a big deal and it felt good when I did it, but I can't do it consistent so I'd rather drive my normal 260-270 consistently and STRAIGHT than an occasional 300+.  Because, what happens if it's a short Par 4 that's 280 to the COG and I blast it 30+ yds over the hole?  Not good...

Driver -- TM Burner 2.0 9.5º

FWs -- TM Burner 2.0 15º / 18º

Hybrids -- TM Raylor 19º and 22º

Irons -- TM Burner Plus (4i - PW, AW, SW), TM Burner 1.0 LW

Putter -- Scotty Cameron Mallet Phantom 2

Bag -- TM Stratus 3.0

Ball -- Top Flight Gamer V2, Titleist DT Solo

I have no problem driving 300+ yards, but I do need a downhill fairway and/or tailwind. Usually the ball stops pretty fast after it lands where I play golf. Give me a rock hard fairway and I'll show you 300. My point being that carry distance is a better indicator than total distance.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think we can all agree that he generates more pop than the average male golfer (according to stats posted quite often by the local chapter of the short knocker fan club).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I never said anything about consistently carrying my  4i 211. Just that I have a done it a few times.

"I still don't even get how you think I'm only driving 220 ROFL. Like I said I can hit my 4 iron 220, and I can hit it 200+ probably two out of three swings." - you

That's pretty consistent

I am waiting for him to do the error calculations so we can learn that it is 90+-30mph:)

Originally Posted by k-troop

Iacas's swing-speed algorithm is far more impressive than hitting a 270-yard carry with that swing.  This thread is funny.

you know after reading "future pro" or whatever that kids name was thread i think you guys are being a little harsh on jimbo. that kid deserved every response he got and basically refused to have anybody actually watch him play. he made claim after claim, but wasn't willing to back it up.

jimbo on the other hand has offered non stop to have people come out and watch him, play with him, or go to a tracman and hit.

if you're going to make bold claims, you might as well do it the way jimbo has. i absolutely hopes he hits it as far as advertised.

my best round came on short drives, but i've had great driving rounds where i've carded huge numbers. it takes time for the complete game to come together and in no way does your drive distance mean you're claiming to be a great player, which he isn't.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

I'm super pumped to win The Open grand prize.

Go Martin Kaymer!!

Martin-Kaymer-Rolex-Day-Date.jpg

Four 5 Stand Bag Blue   PRO V1X

910 D2 9.5° - Diamana Kal'li 65g S

RBZ Stage 2 15° - Diamana Kal'li 72g S  

913H 21° /  910H 24° - Diamana Kal'li 82g S

710 AP2 6-PW - Dynamic Gold S300SL

Vokey Spin Milled 09  56° &  60° 

#1 White Hot 34" - Ionic Grip

My Swing  

Jimbo just by watching your right around 92 -95, your not producing enough torque in your backswing, lifting your left foot like you do is killing your chances to create the necessary torque. If someone else says I'm wrong say so but that is what I see. I think you may get a few swings up to 98 at times but that's probably about it.And also the only swings that count are the ones that go straight.

Originally Posted by LovinItAll

It's sad you're getting so much heat here....golf is supposed to be a fun game played by decent folks. I hate when people call other folks liars when they have zero way of knowing the truth.

I know right?  Who would put any trust in such an unproven thing like SCIENCE?

Originally Posted by formula428

but I can't do it consistent so I'd rather drive my normal 260-270 consistently and STRAIGHT than an occasional 300+.

Right.  So are you in Vegas too?  Or is it Colorado?  And let me guess, you have a horrendous short game?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by formula428

Because, what happens if it's a short Par 4 that's 280 to the COG and I blast it 30+ yds over the hole?  Not good...

If I blew one over the green on the fly on a 280 yard straight and level, no wind par 4 (that would be right at 300 yards in the air), I'd be bragging, personally. Double bogey? WTF ever...I just carried it 300+. Now regularly would be a different story.

Not to worry, though, as that's not gonna EVER happen to me.

In The Bag: - Patience - Persistence - Perseverance - Platitudes

Note: This thread is 4246 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!