IGNORED

Nike PD Soft

Note: This thread is 3004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 hours ago, paininthenuts said:

I have been looking for a ball that suits me since I started playing. I have used many different ones, some I liked, and some I didn't. I am quite a high handicapper, so I didn't want to spend a fortune, and I didn't want to buy a ball that was to good for me. I did some research and found listed the Nike PD Soft. I had used other Nike balls and quite liked them, so I bought 20 pearl grade balls on ebay for £11 ($16). The first 18 holes I used them on I was a little unsure, but possibly because I was having a bad day anyway. Since then I have grown to love the ball. It's reasonably forgiving, feels good off of the club face, and has given me a few extra yards. It may not be the ball for low handicappers, but I would strongly recommend it for the average golfer. Oh, and who ever said it feels like rock, I can only think you are topping it, LOL

People calling golf balls they don't like "rocks" is a trope at this point. ProV1s have been described as rocks by some fans of its competitors, and that's crazy talk (like, yeah, they're a bit clicky compared to the softest balls, but no one would confuse them with a Top Flite XL). Anyway, the PD Soft is a perfectly fine ball, especially for when you aren't needing A-1 performance (whether because it's leaf season or winter; or because your swing isn't dialed in). It's an excellent value ball, like the Titleist DT Solo (RIP). 

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I tried a dozen of the PD Soft this past season and they were fine but I got more distance from and like the feel of the Softfli or 2015 SuperSoft better - just my preference.    For a similar cost you can get the 3 piece Gamer Soft which is a great performing ball, but give the PD Softs a try - they're good balls.

Actually, I just remembered that your are in Australia and may have trouble getting the Softfli or Gamer, sorry about that. 

I used PD Softs for a spell before I found I could get decent used balls much cheaper. My swing is hardly good enough to give a really solid performance report, but I liked the feel. When I hit one well it was like smashing butter with a hockey stick.

Note: This thread is 3004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!