IGNORED

Tiger on Sunday...

elivate
Note: This thread is 6155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Holy crap Tiger was looking buff on Sunday!

Not that I am saying I was checking him out or anything...

Not that there is anything wrong with that...

Anyway, just wondering, has anyone ever read about his training regiment? I would love to see what he does to keep in shape...

What's in the Bag

Driver: HiBore 10.5* ProLaunch Blue 65s
Hybrid: No Fear 3i
Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

I may be wrong in this, but I thought I read where he keeps his training "workout" routine close to the vest. Would be interesting to see it though.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

I thought I had read somewhere that he is quite strong and can bench press 300lbs + or something like that...

Personally I think he has one the best, most athletic physique in sports...

What's in the Bag

Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

Steroids....

Nah, I'm just kidding. Tiger's too smart for that crap. Anyone think adding muscle mass might not be a good thing for him? Now I'm just throwing this out there but perhaps he could lose a little feel with his short game.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

A few years ago, Golf Digest did an "investigative report" on Tiger's workout routine. He apparently doesn't talk about his exercise regime, but the reporter gathered intel from people at gyms Tiger frequents, etc....
See: http://www.golfdigest.com/features/i...erworkout.html

Driver: Launcher, 10.5°
Fairway: Big Bertha 2007, 15° & 18°
Hybrid: Rapture, 21° & 24°
Irons: Big Bertha 2006, 5 - PW
Wedges: Vokey, 52° & 56°Putter: White Hot XG, Rossie Ball: HX HotI'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced. ~ Lee Trevino

Steroids....

I think it is just fine, he is very muscular but certainly not too muscular... I can't imagine he will add much more size in the next few years but I bet he stays around his present weight and maintains his current body fat level...

What's in the Bag

A person can accumulate so much muscle until they lose flexibility, which flexibility is critical in golf.

I agree with Kevin - I think he's getting close to the envelope. There's a fine line between strength and flexibility.

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

• 2 weeks later...
For those asking about Tiger's workout routine, I saw this article this morning at Golf.com. http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...638105,00.html

Driver: Launcher, 10.5°
Fairway: Big Bertha 2007, 15° & 18°
Hybrid: Rapture, 21° & 24°
Irons: Big Bertha 2006, 5 - PW
Wedges: Vokey, 52° & 56°Putter: White Hot XG, Rossie Ball: HX HotI'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced. ~ Lee Trevino

For those asking about Tiger's workout routine, I saw this article this morning at Golf.com.

Thanks for posting this, I will be picking up that issue of Mens Fitness for sure...

What's in the Bag

I can't imagine there is anymore mystery to what he does more than most trainers come up with...it's mostly stretching, light weight high reps and cardio, combined with eating properly and the ability to work out for 3 hours/day. If we did that most of us would look like that too.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

I can't imagine there is anymore mystery to what he does more than most trainers come up with...it's mostly stretching, light weight high reps and cardio, combined with eating properly and the ability to work out for 3 hours/day. If we did that most of us would look like that too.

I agree, I know that there is no magic workout plan that will make me a better golfer, etc... I have worked out for many years for various sports and I just like to see how certain athletes from different sports work out... It is much more appealing to me to read how Tiger or T.O. or Sidney Crosby work out than reading about a body builder or fitness model...

What's in the Bag

Note: This thread is 6155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!