IGNORED

Ecco street shoes - off course walking

Note: This thread is 4273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ive heard so much about the Ecco street shoes but no one really talks about what they are like on the street. I'm going on vacation and am thinking of getting a pair and using them instead of regular shoes, I like like to travel light. Can any one chime in on this for me. Thanks so much!

Are you talking about their spikeless golf shoes or their regular walking shoes.  I have a pair of spikeless golf shoes and they are very comfortable.  I wouldn't do a lot of street walking in them only because I'd think that would wear down the rubber spikes pretty quickly

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Are you talking about their spikeless golf shoes or their regular walking shoes.  I have a pair of spikeless golf shoes and they are very comfortable.  I wouldn't do a lot of street walking in them only because I'd think that would wear down the rubber spikes pretty quickly

It does wear them out. Big time

Taylormade RBZ 10.5 driver, Taylormade Burner 2.0 15 deg 3 wood, Mizuno JPX800 19deg hybrid, Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-PW, Titleist Vokey 52,56,60 rusty wedges, Odyssey White Ice #7 360gm tour weight, Bridgestone B330S

The golf academy I work at has just signed a deal with Ecco and I have just started wearing my first pair. They are extremely comfortable for both giving lessons and playing. I've only been wearing them for a couple of weeks now so cannot comment on whether they will last long for normal street walking. However, my boss has been wearing Ecco golf shoes for years now and goes everywhere with them. He claims the rubber spikes last forever. It seems to go against what others are saying though.

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

Thanks everyone. Yes, I'm talking about the golf shoes that Ecco "claims" can be worn as street shoes, I'm sure the sole will wear out eventually, like any type of sneaker. I'm just trying to figure out if I can if they could be worn as shoes as well on the course. All the reviews talk about the golf aspect it very few tells the other half of the story... Perhaps there in lies the truth, they are really just golf shoes. Again, this would save me from bring yet another set of shoes on vacation if I can get away with these doubling up for a European week long trip

Originally Posted by bobbydacron

Again, this would save me from bring yet another set of shoes on vacation if I can get away with these doubling up for a European week long trip

You'll be fine for a week in Europe. We've got good streets here! ;-)

• Upvote 1

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

If you are taliking about their Street Premier shoes.... I have worn a pair on and off the golf course for 2 years now with no real noticable wear to the rubber turf soles. The rubber sole seems to be very tough. Very comfortable and trendy shoe.

I love that you can wear from home to GC with out having to change....

Originally Posted by MMiller

If you are taliking about their Street Premier shoes.... I have worn a pair on and off the golf course for 2 years now with no real noticable wear to the rubber turf soles. The rubber sole seems to be very tough. Very comfortable and trendy shoe.

I love that you can wear from home to GC with out having to change....

I have these - but in black.  They are comfortable.  But I like the fit of the Adidas better.

THANK YOU EVERY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( and yes I did mean to do that in caps)

I think I have my answer now, first check out adidas as well as ecco; Secondly, a week of dual use should be good to go but not to make it a habit.

Thanks to everyone,again

A guy I work with wears his Ecco shoes everyday at work.  I asked him if he was worried about the rubber spikes wearing out, and he lifted up his feet, and they're wearing less than my Oakley Ripcords that I only wear to, on and from the course.  You can tell where he's been at as well, because wherever he walks across the sand here, he leaves deep, distinguishable tread marks.

Originally Posted by Bullitt5339

A guy I work with wears his Ecco shoes everyday at work.  I asked him if he was worried about the rubber spikes wearing out, and he lifted up his feet, and they're wearing less than my Oakley Ripcords that I only wear to, on and from the course.  You can tell where he's been at as well, because wherever he walks across the sand here, he leaves deep, distinguishable tread marks.

Really?  That's good to know because it will come in handy on those days when I golf right before or after work.  Then again, it's kind of a "telltale sign" if I show up late or leave early wearing golf shoes.  Hmmm...

That may be the case with Ecco, I don't wear them too much for regular walking since they were pretty expensive.  I do wear my True Linkswear phx golf shoes when I go shopping or run some errands before I go to the range or golf course and the spikes have worn considerably.  I'm a heavy pronator so the spikes on the inside of my feet are signficantly more worn than the outer spikes.

Originally Posted by Bullitt5339

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

That may be the case with Ecco, I don't wear them too much for regular walking since they were pretty expensive.  I do wear my True Linkswear phx golf shoes when I go shopping or run some errands before I go to the range or golf course and the spikes have worn considerably.  I'm a heavy pronator so the spikes on the inside of my feet are signficantly more worn than the outer spikes.

Yeah, my Oakley Ripcords show significant wear from just wearing them to and from the course, maybe stopping at the gas station on the way and they're newer than his Eccos that he wears everyday.

Note: This thread is 4273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!