• Announcements

    • iacas

      Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

      No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
bobbydacron

Ecco street shoes - off course walking

Recommended Posts

bobbydacron    0
Ive heard so much about the Ecco street shoes but no one really talks about what they are like on the street. I'm going on vacation and am thinking of getting a pair and using them instead of regular shoes, I like like to travel light. Can any one chime in on this for me. Thanks so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

newtogolf    957

Are you talking about their spikeless golf shoes or their regular walking shoes.  I have a pair of spikeless golf shoes and they are very comfortable.  I wouldn't do a lot of street walking in them only because I'd think that would wear down the rubber spikes pretty quickly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Are you talking about their spikeless golf shoes or their regular walking shoes.  I have a pair of spikeless golf shoes and they are very comfortable.  I wouldn't do a lot of street walking in them only because I'd think that would wear down the rubber spikes pretty quickly

It does wear them out. Big time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The_Pharaoh    49

The golf academy I work at has just signed a deal with Ecco and I have just started wearing my first pair. They are extremely comfortable for both giving lessons and playing. I've only been wearing them for a couple of weeks now so cannot comment on whether they will last long for normal street walking. However, my boss has been wearing Ecco golf shoes for years now and goes everywhere with them. He claims the rubber spikes last forever. It seems to go against what others are saying though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bobbydacron    0
Thanks everyone. Yes, I'm talking about the golf shoes that Ecco "claims" can be worn as street shoes, I'm sure the sole will wear out eventually, like any type of sneaker. I'm just trying to figure out if I can if they could be worn as shoes as well on the course. All the reviews talk about the golf aspect it very few tells the other half of the story... Perhaps there in lies the truth, they are really just golf shoes. Again, this would save me from bring yet another set of shoes on vacation if I can get away with these doubling up for a European week long trip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The_Pharaoh    49
Originally Posted by bobbydacron

Again, this would save me from bring yet another set of shoes on vacation if I can get away with these doubling up for a European week long trip

You'll be fine for a week in Europe. We've got good streets here! ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MMiller    0

If you are taliking about their Street Premier shoes.... I have worn a pair on and off the golf course for 2 years now with no real noticable wear to the rubber turf soles. The rubber sole seems to be very tough. Very comfortable and trendy shoe.

I love that you can wear from home to GC with out having to change....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beachcomber    204

I have a pair of Ecco street shoes and they are comfortable.  But to be honest... I like my Adi streets better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Beachcomber    204
Originally Posted by MMiller

If you are taliking about their Street Premier shoes.... I have worn a pair on and off the golf course for 2 years now with no real noticable wear to the rubber turf soles. The rubber sole seems to be very tough. Very comfortable and trendy shoe.

I love that you can wear from home to GC with out having to change....

I have these - but in black.  They are comfortable.  But I like the fit of the Adidas better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

bobbydacron    0

THANK YOU EVERY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( and yes I did mean to do that in caps)

I think I have my answer now, first check out adidas as well as ecco; Secondly, a week of dual use should be good to go but not to make it a habit.

Thanks to everyone,again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bullitt5339    29

A guy I work with wears his Ecco shoes everyday at work.  I asked him if he was worried about the rubber spikes wearing out, and he lifted up his feet, and they're wearing less than my Oakley Ripcords that I only wear to, on and from the course.  You can tell where he's been at as well, because wherever he walks across the sand here, he leaves deep, distinguishable tread marks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Golfingdad    1,850
Originally Posted by Bullitt5339

A guy I work with wears his Ecco shoes everyday at work.  I asked him if he was worried about the rubber spikes wearing out, and he lifted up his feet, and they're wearing less than my Oakley Ripcords that I only wear to, on and from the course.  You can tell where he's been at as well, because wherever he walks across the sand here, he leaves deep, distinguishable tread marks.

Really?  That's good to know because it will come in handy on those days when I golf right before or after work.  Then again, it's kind of a "telltale sign" if I show up late or leave early wearing golf shoes.  Hmmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

newtogolf    957

That may be the case with Ecco, I don't wear them too much for regular walking since they were pretty expensive.  I do wear my True Linkswear phx golf shoes when I go shopping or run some errands before I go to the range or golf course and the spikes have worn considerably.  I'm a heavy pronator so the spikes on the inside of my feet are signficantly more worn than the outer spikes.

Originally Posted by Bullitt5339

A guy I work with wears his Ecco shoes everyday at work.  I asked him if he was worried about the rubber spikes wearing out, and he lifted up his feet, and they're wearing less than my Oakley Ripcords that I only wear to, on and from the course.  You can tell where he's been at as well, because wherever he walks across the sand here, he leaves deep, distinguishable tread marks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bullitt5339    29
Originally Posted by newtogolf

That may be the case with Ecco, I don't wear them too much for regular walking since they were pretty expensive.  I do wear my True Linkswear phx golf shoes when I go shopping or run some errands before I go to the range or golf course and the spikes have worn considerably.  I'm a heavy pronator so the spikes on the inside of my feet are signficantly more worn than the outer spikes.

Yeah, my Oakley Ripcords show significant wear from just wearing them to and from the course, maybe stopping at the gas station on the way and they're newer than his Eccos that he wears everyday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this