IGNORED

Phil Mickelson...what's up?

TN94z
Note: This thread is 4245 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by bulls9999

http://www.golf.com/video/phil-mickelson-practices-pga-championship-2012?sct=hp6&PID;=4003003

Cool story about Phil during yesterday's practice round.  I liked the part in the video where the guy from Sports Illustrated says on one tee box during his practice round, there was a house in the distance with people partying and they acknowledged Phil who then asked Bones to range-find the pool, then he hits a ball with his wedge into the pool and the people put the hands up that it went in and they dove in after the ball, lol.

Ya!!! I saw that yesterday watching the golf channel. It was awesome. What a cool thing to do.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Ya!!! I saw that yesterday watching the golf channel. It was awesome. What a cool thing to do.

He obviously meant well, but it wasn't the smartest thing he ever did. So many ways something bad could have happened.

Originally Posted by brocks

He obviously meant well, but it wasn't the smartest thing he ever did. So many ways something bad could have happened.

Bad? Like what? Maybe a broken window. Certainly couldn't have killed anybody by hitting an 80 yard lob shot.

People get bonked on the head all the time by tour players, and come away with a bump on the head, and a signed glove.

Plus its Phil the master of short game shots.

Bad? Like what? Maybe a broken window. Certainly couldn't have killed anybody by hitting an 80 yard lob shot.

I was thinking more along the lines of beaning a toddler who wandered out of the house just as Phil hit the shot. If it was only 80 yards, I agree the probability of that is very small, but I got the idea that it was further than that, since Phil had to ask for a yardage. Whatever, it all worked out, so everybody's happy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motley01

I was thinking more along the lines of beaning a toddler who wandered out of the house just as Phil hit the shot.

If it was only 80 yards, I agree the probability of that is very small, but I got the idea that it was further than that, since Phil had to ask for a yardage.

Whatever, it all worked out, so everybody's happy.

If people partying out by THE POOL have toddlers randomly wandering out of the house they have bigger problems than errant golf balls.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

If people partying out by THE POOL have toddlers randomly wandering out of the house they have bigger problems than errant golf balls.

Must be the last party rage - BYOT - bring your own toddler.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Right, because who ever heard of people partying by a pool doing anything irresponsible? Forget the kids, I'm sure the adults are in no way impaired, and could easily dodge a golf ball headed at their craniums. Look, Phil can hit all the golf balls he wants into the yards of random strangers, and I will say no more about it. But I wouldn't do it, and I don't have the type of bank account that would attract ambulance chasers. And to be fair, Phil looks like Einstein next to Ricky Fowler, who jumped off his balcony into a pool. He had to go out a good ten feet to miss a concrete wall and sidewalk. Good thing there was no moisture in the atmosphere that might cause his feet to slip as he pushed off, or he would have been the lead video on the next Tosh.0.

I sense an impending thread hijacking by Tiger sycophants.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Right, because who ever heard of people partying by a pool doing anything irresponsible? Forget the kids, I'm sure the adults are in no way impaired, and could easily dodge a golf ball headed at their craniums.

Look, Phil can hit all the golf balls he wants into the yards of random strangers, and I will say no more about it. But I wouldn't do it, and I don't have the type of bank account that would attract ambulance chasers.

And to be fair, Phil looks like Einstein next to Ricky Fowler, who jumped off his balcony into a pool. He had to go out a good ten feet to miss a concrete wall and sidewalk. Good thing there was no moisture in the atmosphere that might cause his feet to slip as he pushed off, or he would have been the lead video on the next Tosh.0.

Somebody needs to take their medicine. Did you forget your medication this morning? What a shame.

Originally Posted by Motley01

Somebody needs to take their medicine. Did you forget your medication this morning? What a shame.

LOL, he's not nuts, he just has an agenda. We all know a certain golfer who did something reckless and  irresponsible, so his fanboys try to paint every other popular golfer in the same light no matter how ridiculous their logic might seem to those who don't have that axe to grind.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Damn, I hate it when the geniuses in this group see right through me. Elvis, I was really hoping that my secret plan would work, and people would forever after look at Phil and think, "When you get right down to it, there's actually not much difference between getting a bit carried away trying to please some fans, and being a serial adulterer." And motley, you're right, I would have to be CRAZY to think it's not especially smart to jump off a balcony a couple days before a major, or to hit balls into random strangers' yards. And if I know my mods, both your posts will stay up, and this one will disappear.

Damn, I hate it when the geniuses in this group see right through me. Elvis, I was really hoping that my secret plan would work, and people would forever after look at Phil and think, "When you get right down to it, there's actually not much difference between getting a bit carried away trying to please some fans, and being a serial adulterer."

And motley, you're right, I would have to be CRAZY to think it's not especially smart to jump off a balcony a couple days before a major, or to hit balls into random strangers' yards.

And if I know my mods, both your posts will stay up, and this one will disappear.

So no agenda and you did forget to take your meds? Sorry, I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions.

Come on, you have to admit your toddlers comment was a bit silly and quite a reach. You were obviously trying to take a nice gesture and make it something else that no one else saw.  And you do seem to have Tiger on the brain in the majority of your posts.

My Tools of Ignorance:

You haven't figured out that Brocks is a golf forum instigator yet? He clearly gets off on this type of crap, and he makes it very difficult not to bite when he calls you out directly.

Come on, you have to admit your toddlers comment was a bit silly and quite a reach. You were obviously trying to take a nice gesture and make it something else that no one else saw.  And you do seem to have Tiger on the brain in the majority of your posts.

Actually, it's fairly common for adults to ask themselves, "What's the worst thing that could happen?" when considering whether to do something on the spur of the moment. I repeat my opinion that it wasn't Phil's smartest moment, but that's the worst thing I said about it, and I certainly wasn't trying to turn it into something nobody else saw --- which is the phrase that comes to mind when considering your theory that I was trying to subliminally persuade people that Phil was as bad as Tiger. As for my posts to a golf group frequently mentioning the best golfer in the world, and perhaps of all time --- guilty. I tend to do the same thing with Einstein, when posting to a physics group. Heck, I even mentioned Einstein in this group, and I haven't mentioned Tiger in the physics group.

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

You haven't figured out that Brocks is a golf forum instigator yet? He clearly gets off on this type of crap, and he makes it very difficult not to bite when he calls you out directly.

I think we got him figured out. But I thought Shorty was the one who was a "grumpy old man".

And physics? WTF that is weird, go figure out the formula for your orange juice.

Sorry, but who the hell are you? You clearly have some kind of grudge against me, but I never heard of you, and when I looked back through a couple month's worth of your posts to try to figure out where I pissed you off, I couldn't even find a thread we had in common. The majority of your posts weren't even in Tour Talk, where 99% of mine are. So what's your problem? Did we have an argument a year ago, and you're not over it? Or did I long ago "instigate" something like I did here, where one guy told me to take my meds, and another guy accused me of trying to smear Phil, and I didn't roll over and say, "Thank you, sir, may I have another?"

brocks, you're reaching on this one, reaching really far.  Phil was having fun, I'm sure everyone at the party loved that he did it and had someone got hit with the ball he'd probably sign a glove and throw it in the pool just like he does when he hits someone in the gallery.

As for Ricky....really?  The guy rides motocross for a hobby, I don't think he's a guy that worries about ramifications for things he does to his own body.

Right, because who ever heard of people partying by a pool doing anything irresponsible? Forget the kids, I'm sure the adults are in no way impaired, and could easily dodge a golf ball headed at their craniums.

Look, Phil can hit all the golf balls he wants into the yards of random strangers, and I will say no more about it. But I wouldn't do it, and I don't have the type of bank account that would attract ambulance chasers.

And to be fair, Phil looks like Einstein next to Ricky Fowler, who jumped off his balcony into a pool. He had to go out a good ten feet to miss a concrete wall and sidewalk. Good thing there was no moisture in the atmosphere that might cause his feet to slip as he pushed off, or he would have been the lead video on the next Tosh.0.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Or did I long ago "instigate" something like I did here, where one guy told me to take my meds, and another guy accused me of trying to smear Phil, and I didn't roll over and say, "Thank you, sir, may I have another?"

Why do you feel that simply admitting you may have mispoke or misstated an issue is rolling over? Maybe if you did that when Motley and Sean Miller originally confronted you on your curious statement, instead of compounding it with an even more outlandish statement, I wouldn't have felt compelled join in and Motley would have stopped before making his 'meds" comment.

Sometimes, instead of digging in your heels, you have to perform a self assesment and figure maybe you were misguided if 3 people are questioning your logic. Maybe that 4th poster was right and you do get off on being argumentative.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Note: This thread is 4245 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!