IGNORED

I was amazed by this...

CG031
Note: This thread is 6159 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wish others would mind their own business when it comes to what tees you play from. As long as you are keeping up with the group ahead of you, the group behind you has no business saying where you can or cannot play from.
Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
I wish others would mind their own business when it comes to what tees you play from. As long as you are keeping up with the group ahead of you, the group behind you has no business saying where you can or cannot play from.

I think I've said this before:

I do not understand some players playing the back tees, shooting 120, and barely reaching most of the fairways. I don't get it at all. Golf is supposed to be fun, and sorry, but I'll never believe that being beaten up is fun. Sometimes it can be for good golfers, but not for poor golfers... But so long as people are keeping pace, I don't CARE what tees they play from. I don't understand it, but I don't really care.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow, you really showed that old jerk. He will have a new found respect for 15 year olds from now on. Looking into my crystal ball, I see you in 55 years complaining to some young whippersnapper about what tees he's playing.

Honestly, if an old jerk can make your head explode with a comment like that, golf may not be your sport. Here are three responses that popped into my head as I was reading your post:

Mild response 1: Yes, but if I'm going to snap hook it OB, does it really matter what tees I play?

Harsher response number 2: If you would have gotten to the course a little earlier, I could be making comments on what tees you're playing.

Harshest response 3: When I come around asking you what tees I should play, that's when I care what your opinion is.

Notice the lack of "Fagboy" in any of the responses.

Life is not a contest of who is right or wrong. That's what marriage is for. Life is about how you act given a certain set of circumstances. I'm giving you a D+ on this one because no one got shot.

Nothing in this long rant of mine matters because at 15 you don't care what I have to say, and that's as it should be. Most of this was to get a chuckle out of the 30+ crowd.

The most important question I have is: Did you play stroke and distance on your OB ball?
In my bag:
The failed hopes and dreams of 25 years of golf (on DG S300 shafts with Lamkin Crossline midsize grips)

I do still understand what it's like to be 15. I'm only 25 and I remember how some of the older people on the course treated me when I was your age. And I may have responded the same way you did (when I was 15). But as you get older, you realize that it really isn't worth it and by yelling back at him and cursing all you did was continue to give younger golfers a bad name. Now that 65 year old is going to be in the clubhouse talking about what a lack of respect the young golfers on that course have for their elders. By cursing at him (most of all calling him "fag boy") you just helped lower the respect that he will have for young golfers the next time he's on the course.

Very well said. And I agree completely

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver:
3 Wood:
Hybrid:
3-PW: Wedges: Putter: Ball:

i can see both sides of the issue honestly. both parties were out of line. i can understand the original poster's frustration and outburst though. if you love golf, the course is like a sanctuary, it's like your home. and to be treated as if you are "different" or "unwelcome" in that sanctuary, despite your love for the game and despite your skills (something that good golfers are very proud of), then it does suck to have some old guys yelling at you, or talking to you.

when i was 12 or 13 playing with my dad, a lot of twosomes that we got paired with were literally vocal about their dissapointment that they were going to play with a kid. of course the kid would go on to shoot a 78 and the strangers would shoot 98s..

basically, no golfer should disrupt another golfer's "flow" and make him feel unwelcome to the course or game.

the old man should have kept his mouth shut.

i can see both sides of the issue honestly. both parties were out of line. i can understand the original poster's frustration and outburst though. if you love golf, the course is like a sanctuary, it's like your home. and to be treated as if you are "different" or "unwelcome" in that sanctuary, despite your love for the game and despite your skills (something that good golfers are very proud of), then it does suck to have some old guys yelling at you, or talking to you.

wow...someone actually felt how I did. lol.

I understand what you all are saying - I ran into a situation like this the other day AGAIN at a different course, the guy scooped my Dad's titleist prov1x up cuz I saw him go under the tree the ball rolled under, get one of those ball retrievers, and scoop it up as we were walking down to his ball - We then proceeded to ask if he'd seen anything, and you could obviously tell by the guys reaction hes like "Oh, uh, no no of course not." I wanted to get in the guys face so bad, but I didn't. If it makes taht guy happy to have scooped up a ball that costs a lot of money that someone obviously just hit down there, then so be it. I just said, "Oh, ok, thanks!" and walked away.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

wow...someone actually felt how I did. lol.

I feel you bro.

I had a real weird incident like that at my club last week... the course I play at is pretty exclusive - mainly older, wealthy members who are very serious all around. I was a single on the 18th, which goes back parallel to 17. Three guys were on the 17th tee and playing slooowly and I'm on the 18th tee.... 18 is a short but tough par 5 and I love it because you can make either eagle or double, so I hit 3 tee shots and came up with some bet against myself. I hit them all down the left rough, and one of the guys on 17 hit his ball way left, which is near my ball. I can already tell he and his cronies (who look like serious golfers and probably are pretty good judging from shots I'd seen them hit) are annoyed by my hitting 3 balls. Whenver I get called out on that I just say I couldn't see the first one (or two... lol) and that I hit a provisional. So these guys are like "where's ____'s ball? you see it come over here?" They find my balls and are talking to each other like "is this it? yea i dunno, the kid hit like 4 balls." They're looking at me mad skeptical when I claim my balls, one of which is a Callaway ladies ball that I found.... and the guy's like "that Callaway might have been mine." lol.... BUT the most ****ed up part was that as I'm helping the one guy find his ball, one of his friends checked my balls by picking them up and "tossing" them a few yeards in different directions, instead of placing them back down, or just having bent over to look at the ball. seemed very disrespectful to me. But I'm used to being disrespected on the golf course.... i'm young, wear my shirt untucked, always wear shades, and don't "look like a golfer." but i know i am a golfer and the course is my home, so it's all good.

• Administrator
OK, this thread's gone on long enough. It's just become repetitive.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6159 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!