IGNORED

i20 Iron Problem

cipher
Note: This thread is 3267 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I really hope is is a rare problem and that the issues has been fixed because the irons are so nice looking and play so well.  I am confident that they will take care of me and as a business owner I understand these types of issues and the customer service nightmare that it creates.  I am not concerned with the outcome.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ping repair department called me on Friday.  They wanted to just replace my 5 and 9 iron that were having the problems.  I told them that I was not really comfortable with this.  I then spoke with the customer service person that I was dealing with and she agreed that they should remake another set for me.  I said that if it was doing this on two of the irons it will probably start doing it on the rest.  Hopefully the new set will have the problem solved and it will last for a long time.  They also did offer to pay my initial shipping expense which was appreciated as well.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

I got my replacement irons back from ping yesterday and all is well.  I think I will invest in some iron head covers this time around.

Nate

• 1 year later...

It is happenig again. Does anyone know if the s55 and the i25 irons have this over-laminate, or did they go away with it? I probably won't bother to send them back again, I will just keep them as a backup set.

Nate

You honestly should call ping and see what they would do as far as upgrading you to a set of 55's or 25's(whichever you would prefer). From what I've read they have good customer service and im sure they would work with you.

It is happenig again. Does anyone know if the s55 and the i25 irons have this over-laminate, or did they go away with it? I probably won't bother to send them back again, I will just keep them as a backup set.

Pretty sure it's the same.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

You honestly should call ping and see what they would do as far as upgrading you to a set of 55's or 25's(whichever you would prefer). From what I've read they have good customer service and im sure they would work with you.

I already had the set replaced once. It does not really affect anything it is just a bit annoying. I will probably let it be keep the set as a backup, and look for a set without any laminate. That may mean going away from ping at this point. It is too bad because I love the progressive set design of the i20s.

Nate

Why would you go away from pings? Honestly i think you just happened to get a bad set. My buddy and I both have pings and we haven't had any problems. Let us know what you end up doing. Im probably going to wait until I get a new set next year and respect your opinion on clubs.

Why would you go away from pings? Honestly i think you just happened to get a bad set. My buddy and I both have pings and we haven't had any problems. Let us know what you end up doing. Im probably going to wait until I get a new set next year and respect your opinion on clubs.

I am one of very few people that have had this problem. I also don't think the G series has this laminate either. I think it started with the s56 and the i20s. It has now happened twice to me with the i20s. They already replaced my entire first set. I am not going to bug them again about it.

Nate

That sucks I was looking to get a set of I series irons. What are the other sets you would look at?I was kinda looking at the AP2'S and mp 54's. They all kinda look like they are aimed at the same type of player.

I am one of very few people that have had this problem. I also don't think the G series has this laminate either. I think it started with the s56 and the i20s. It has now happened twice to me with the i20s. They already replaced my entire first set. I am not going to bug them again about it.

Yeah I haven't seen this problem before except for this thread. G series has a different finish.

Here are my irons. Most played clubs are the S55's and i20's

S55

i20

i25

Mike McLoughlin

Yeah I was thinking about the AP2s, maybe the Apex irons, maybe something mizuno, heck maybe the G25s. I would test a bunch out anyway. Maybe I will just let the i20s peel away and keep swinging them. ;)

Nate

@mvmac I must just be unusually harsh on my irons or something. Either that or it is all that power I have. ;)

Nate

Yeah I haven't seen this problem before except for this thread. G series has a different finish.  Here are my irons. Most played clubs are the S55's and i20's [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/98983/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/98981/] [/URL] S55 [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/98982/] [/URL] i20 [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/98984/] [/URL] i25 [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/98985/] [/URL]

Man you have a lot of nice irons. If you ever need to get rid of a set ill pay for the shipping :-D;-).

@mvmac I must just be unusually harsh on my irons or something. Either that or it is all that power I have. ;)

I am sure its the Sconny power. "Ain't no wimps round here."

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Man you have a lot of nice irons. If you ever need to get rid of a set ill pay for the shipping :-D;-).

He hits them so pure there aren't hardly any turf marks on the bottom. ;) [quote name="14ledo81" url="/t/61817/i20-iron-problem/30#post_997913"] I am sure its the Sconny power. "Ain't no wimps round here."[/quote] That is kinda what I am thinking. I hit em' so hard the laminate wants to fly off. :D

Nate

Must be it. You guys back east are much more manly.

Man you have a lot of nice irons. If you ever need to get rid of a set ill pay for the shipping ;-).

Thanks but probably going to my son when he's needs another set. I've been alternating between the S55 and i25 irons.

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 3267 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!