IGNORED

5 wood advice

Dirtydog345
Note: This thread is 4237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No.  If you haven't noticed on the course, there is not a distance a club "should" go.  There are solid players who would hit the same club very different distances.  In fact, the same player can hit the same club very different distance all with a full swing.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hit mine 180 but it's 21 degree and it's me that hits it

Cart Bag

Hi Bore  xls Driver

Big Bertha steelhead plus  3 and 5 Woods

Pro Gold 20 and 24 degree Hybrids

MD Superstrong Irons

MD Norman Drew Low Bounce wedges

Putter 

I hit mine about 240 off tee and about 230 off the deck...

obviously that is dependant on lie and situation.

mine is a 19* and stiff shaft...

I played a par 3 last week that I may have needed to take it on ... 191 to a back pin with a big wind coming in off the ocean...  I took 4 hybrid and was a good club short... 3 hybrid should have gotten close, but I think it still would have been 5 yards short. 5 wood probably would have been just over the back.

Originally Posted by Dirtydog345

Hi, does anyone know the distance that a 5 wood would go? (18 degree, regular flex).

With absolutely no statistics on your game and without actually watching you play golf it isn't really worth much to tell you how far it would go.

Everybody here is just going to tell you how far they might be able to hit it... That will not help you.

I have a feeling you are looking to buy a specific club, and you are looking online without having actually hit it. Perhaps I will take a guess that you are a high handicapper looking for something to improve your game and you're drooling over that 5 wood.

I will estimate, then, that your 5 wood will go 200 yards tops. :)

The moral of the story is, you should go out and demo one and figure out how far right up close and personal. :)

Edit: That way, you can say to yourself "That guy was right!" or "That guy was full of bull!" :)

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

Longer than your 4-iron and shorter than your 3-wood.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Note: This thread is 4237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!