IGNORED

What kinda scores have you had using Stack and Tilt???

outlaw1984
Note: This thread is 3524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by tecnicaskates

who is your chiropractor would be a more appropriate question?

you're an idiot

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been using concepts from the SnT swing pattern.  My lowest round since has been a 74 (+2).  And I typically average 76 to 78 for 18.  I'm hoping that is going to change as I get more focused on A5 to A8.

What kinda rounds have you have since you switched to Stack and Tilt?

Have not tried an actual scoring round yet, because I am still healing from a shoulder injury. However, I anticipate much better performance. I have practiced it for two weeks every day 200 hits in the morning, 200 at night. NO injuries, and my shoulder is healing despite hitting so many balls. I will try scoring rounds starting in another two weeks. Maybe one week. Depends when the pain is completely gone. I am really glad I joined this forum.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

you're an idiot

Yes, but he's a scratch idiot. You're no slacker either. Why the difference in opinion? I am asking because I thought all scratch golfers pretty much have perfected their swings, and probably swing more or less the same way?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Originally Posted by poser

you're an idiot

There's a significant number of people that think Stack & Tilt is fundamentally flawed, so while his delivery may not have been great, he's not out in left field.

However, that doesn't address the answer of scores.

Handicap is currently around 8.8.  Which means lots of scores in the 81-85 range at my course.  A few have been a little better (high 70s) and a few have been worse (high 80s/low 90s).  Since converting to S & T, I have lowered my HDCP by about 3.

I don't think S&T; is flawed at all... it's a completely legitimate way to play this great game.

I have played 36 or 54 holes in one day several times this year.  I have two herniated discs and one bulging in my lower back for the last 25 years.  S & T has never made by back hurt in any way.  Actually, since switching to S & T, I have experienced no "episodes" of back pain.  Love it!

Originally Posted by wadesworld

Quote:

Originally Posted by poser

you're an idiot

There's a significant number of people that think Stack & Tilt is fundamentally flawed, so while his delivery may not have been great, he's not out in left field.

However, that doesn't address the answer of scores.

Check out this article when you get a chance . It's about how the Stack and Tilt swing pattern is actually great for your back.

Constantine

[URL=http://johngrahamgolf.com/blog/what-golf-swing-easiest-on-body/]Check out this article when you get a chance[/URL]. It's about how the Stack and Tilt swing pattern is actually great for your back.

I agree with the assessment in the article. I am now hitting 400 balls a day. 100 of them really hard. No additional injuries. Plus, I am rehabilitating an injured shoulder.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Switch to S&T; about two and a half years ago. Handicap has dropped about 6 strokes since then. The main thing is my scores are far more consistant. I don't have those "What the hell am I doing?" rounds anymore. Last three rounds 82, 80, 81.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher DST

Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie 3H

Irons: Cleveland Launcher

Wedges: Cleveland cg 15 46, 52, 56, 60

Putter: Odyssey tour black

Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

How is s&t; differ from adding lag. Seams like the same principle. Shifting mid section forward on down swing, creating a sharper angle of decent... Just seems coincidental and identical upon watching utube and reading instruction on both.

Originally Posted by Lihu

Yes, but he's a scratch idiot. You're no slacker either.

Why the difference in opnion

I am asking because I thought all scratch golfers pretty much have perfected their swings, and probably swing more or less the same way?

Because I've used the pattern and my current swing has alot of similar moves as stack and tilt and have zero back pain.  O yea forgot to mention I had back surgery 2 years ago and my old traditional swing hurt my back the stack and tilt didn't

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

• Administrator
Originally Posted by hanalei

How is s&t; differ from adding lag. Seams like the same principle. Shifting mid section forward on down swing, creating a sharper angle of decent... Just seems coincidental and identical upon watching utube and reading instruction on both.

Shifting the mid-section forward on the downswing actually creates a shallower angle of descent.

It's the "not moving your head way back" that helps golfers strike the ball solidly.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've only been playing two years, but S&T; methodology has clicked for me ... my swing is very simple & scores continue to drop.      When I do have occasional issues, I always go back to the S&T; core directives & it always gets me back in sync.    Funny, when I was in a driving booth at Golf Galaxy rcently, the head pro came over & told me the LAST thing you want to do is keep your head centered & weight forward - LOL.     Seems there will always be resistance to S&T; ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Originally Posted by inthehole

I've only been playing two years, but S&T; methodology has clicked for me ... my swing is very simple & scores continue to drop.      When I do have occasional issues, I always go back to the S&T; core directives & it always gets me back in sync.    Funny, when I was in a driving booth at Golf Galaxy rcently, the head pro came over & told me the LAST thing you want to do is keep your head centered & weight forward - LOL.     Seems there will always be resistance to S&T; ...

So what exactly does this head pro advocate? I know there is a lot of controversy surrounding the SnT weight shift but I thought a steady head was pretty much universal?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

So what exactly does this head pro advocate? I know there is a lot of controversy surrounding the SnT weight shift but I thought a steady head was pretty much universal?

He said I'll never get any power without swaying back (at least with the driver) & promoting a big body shift forward.     I generate plenty of power for my game with S&T; mechanics (all my old back can handle) & anyways, thats the least of my worries - I'm focusing much more on mid iron and wedge accuracy lately ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Check out this article when you get a chance. It's about how the Stack and Tilt swing pattern is actually great for your back.

Not to rain on the  S&T; "scientific proof" parade, but as far as I see, "Dr. Troy Van Biezen" is a chiropractor, not an M.D.  You'll also note that even the S&T; advocates apparently were all careful to throw in the "if done correctly" qualifier.

My problem with S&T; is that from what I see, it works against your human anatomy.   Fighting your anatomy and gravity are losing battles.  Eventually your anatomy and gravity are going to win.

It also appears many of the pros who were trying it, have since abandoned it, though I may not be up to date about that.

But, if it works for you, more power to you.

Note: This thread is 3524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!