IGNORED

2012 Ryder Cup Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Zeph

I wonder if DL3's strategy is to keep Tiger and Stricker together to prevent them from ruining other matches. Limit the damage to one match instead of two.

How about sit them both? Four players have to ride the pine. Baffling.

I think I am better than Tiger right now. But really, this is awful to watch.

Shoulda thrown Bubba an Tiger together or something.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

When the Woods/Stricker pairing lost its first match at the Presidents Cup last year, Fred Couples split them up for the next match, pairing Tiger with Dustin Johnson and Stricker with Matt Kuchar; both pairs won their matches. After Davis Love sent DJ and Kooch out together yesterday afternoon, I thought that might be the direction he would move for today. Obviously, that was not the plan, and I'm surprised by that.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Originally Posted by joeyguse

Way hotter players on the bench. Tiger's reputation just isn't enough anymore.. Sitting Keegan was a terrible decision..

You're just saying that cuz it's true........

Here's my take on the RC so far -

The US team appears more motivated, more energized, more animated. They're also making more putts, which is what ultimately determines the winning team. The Euro team, with the exception of Poulter & Colsaert's round yesterday, are not playing inspired golf. Their top guys - McIlroy & McDowell in particular - are just killing them.

On the US side, it's the rooks who are carrying the team - Bradley, Watson, Simpson, Dufner. Phil is also playing well. In fact, the whole team, with the exception of Woods & Stricker, are playing well.

Now, I get DL3's logic - it's Tiger. But he clearly is not playing well, and here in the Saturday afternoon matches I have no idea why he is playing & Bradley isn't. So I wouldn't give DL3 points for creativity to ability to play the hot hand. And putting Tiger with Stricker? They got waxed yesterday - why not Tiger/Bradley or Stricker/Bradley? Cuz they're due? Screw that - if it's not there it's not there.

But I think the captain's influence is overstated anyway. They don't hit a single shot, and at this point, the US is the more motivated team. If these afternoon matches finish where they stand at present, the US will have a 11-5 or 10.5-5.5 lead going into Singles Sunday. Euros have to make their move now or this thing is over.

Heh. I would love to hear Olazabal address the press & say he 'has a good feeling about this' with that kind of deficit.

How do you like Webb now?

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here's my take on the RC so far - The US team appears more motivated, more energized, more animated. They're also making more putts, which is what ultimately determines the winning team. The Euro team, with the exception of Poulter & Colsaert's round yesterday, are not playing inspired golf. Their top guys - McIlroy & McDowell in particular - are just killing them.

Very much so. I don't know if it's the results so far, the fact that they are in America or something else, but I don't recognize a lot of them from 2010. Surely having a home venue makes a big difference, especially when things are going well.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Anyone else worried for the US team tomorrow?  Half our guys haven't played the 17th or 18th holes yet.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by k-troop

How do you like Webb now?

He is putting remarkably all of a sudden, but I still despise him.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Today's lesson with Kuchar: If you aim straight at a tree, chances are you'll hit it.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Love Kuchar's shot off the tree there!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!