IGNORED

Walkers do you carry or pull?

VegasRenegade
Note: This thread is 3862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Carry or Pull ?

• Carry
    • Pull

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always carry my bag. My bag doesn't way very much so it's not too bad, but I always notice it on the hills of the last three holes.

I figure that if I am going to consider golf exercise I may as well get the most exercise I can.

I'm also too cheap to spring 6$ for a cart fee.

Originally Posted by VegasRenegade

I walk about 90% of the time. Some of the new courses make it very hard and I get a cart for those. I prefer to carry my bag. Pulling a cart seems more trouble than it is worth.

Pulling a cart is definitely not more trouble than it's worth...for someone like me with chronic back problems. Plus I like the fact I can pretty much pack whatever I want and not have to worry about weight.  With that said, I would periodically carry if I didn't have back problems.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

I walk almost all of the time, and push - Cliqgear 2.0

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

So, why sucker if you carry? Provides strengthening for my back, shoulders, and arms into my old age..

I walk and carry and get to laugh at my 16 yr old son when he complains that he is tired towards the end of a round. HA HA!

dak4n6

Originally Posted by dak4n6

So, why sucker if you carry?

lol...

to quote Homer J. - " Hey, they have chairs with wheels and here I am using my legs like a sucker !"

anyways, as far as total calories burned the studies have shown that theres not much difference between carrying and pushing.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I walk about 90% of the time. Some of the new courses make it very hard and I get a cart for those. I prefer to carry my bag. Pulling a cart seems more trouble than it is worth.

How so? To me, having to set the bag down, then having to pick it back up and strap it on your back after every shot seems like more trouble than it's worth.

[QUOTE name="dak4n6" url="/t/62481/walkers-do-you-carry-or-pull/18#post_775039"] So, why sucker if you carry? [/QUOTE] lol... to quote Homer J. - "Hey, they have chairs with wheels and here I am using my legs like a sucker !" anyways, as far as total calories burned the studies have shown that theres not much difference between carrying and pushing.

On one hand, yay carts. On the other hand, if a cart doesn't make walking shitloads easier, why waste time with one?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I was quite inspired by the 77-year-old I met on the course near the end of my round yesterday.  Not only was he walking 18, but he was carrying.  Couldn't hit it more than 50 yards, but dead straight.  I have no doubt had I played him 18, he would have waxed me.

But, back to the subject, I plan to start walking more but will likely pull/push because my current bag is a crappy carry bag.

I used to pull, mainly cuz I used to have a big heavy staff bag. About 6 months back I got a Callaway RAZR bag with the dual straps. Very comfortable to carry, since that's what I have always preferred to do - carry - but it just wasn't practical with my old bag.

http://shop.callawaygolf.com/spr3612517/spr3612517,default,pd.html

That one. :)

Originally Posted by Topper

Quote:

Originally Posted by VegasRenegade

Pulling a cart is definitely not more trouble than it's worth...for someone like me with chronic back problems. Plus I like the fact I can pretty much pack whatever I want and not have to worry about weight.  With that said, I would periodically carry if I didn't have back problems.

for me pulling hurts my lower back caring does not. go fiquire

Originally Posted by wadesworld

I was quite inspired by the 77-year-old I met on the course near the end of my round yesterday.  Not only was he walking 18, but he was carrying.  Couldn't hit it more than 50 yards, but dead straight.  I have no doubt had I played him 18, he would have waxed me.

But, back to the subject, I plan to start walking more but will likely pull/push because my current bag is a crappy carry bag.

Last summer I played 18 with my mom's boy friend. He is 92  He walk the course carried a sling with 3 clubs driver 7 iron and putter. He shot under his age that day with a 89. never sat down and was ready to go again. Oh yea I shot 94.

I usually carry when I walk.

In my bag:
Driver - Diablo Octane 10.5*
Fairway Wood - Diablo Octane 15*
Hybrid -  Edge 21*
Irons - X20's 4I - 9I
Wedges - X20's PW/SW
Putter - White Ice 1
Ball - Warbird

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

When I walk, I always use a push cart.  Push carts are better for your back than carrying or using a pull cart.  I used to always carry but find that using a push carts leaves me feeling less fatigued by the end of my round and probably saves me a few strokes.

X2

I love walking and it seems to help my scoring as I can walk off bad shots and get a better feel for distance. I used to walk and carry my clubs all the time but now @ 44 years old and in the Georgia heat, carrying is NOT an option. I purchased a Sun Mountain SpeedCart V1 and love it. It's a night and day difference than carrying my clubs.

I start started walking more this year and quite enjoy it.  At first I carried then bought a Clicgear cart which I love.

In my bag:

Driver: Covert Performance
Super Hybrid : :nike: 2H - 17* Covert Performance

Irons: :nike:Covert 4I - PW

Wedges: :nike:X3X Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)

Putter: Method Core 1i

Ball: :nike:One RZN

Upgrading Always.

Carry for 9 holes, once a week. Then drive a golf cart for 18. Should get a pull cart for 18, though.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!