Sign in to follow this  
MasonAsher2014

Who is the most famous person you've golfed with?

Note: This thread is 1834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

148 posts / 13129 viewsLast Reply

I played two rounds with Bronson La'Cassie when I was trying to make the University of Minnesota golf team. Bronson won a Web.com tour event this year and has his 2014 PGA tour card locked up.

http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.26956.bronson-la-cassie.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronson_La'Cassie

If you see him on the leaderboard next year, root for him, awesome guy.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Head of NFL Referees at one time: Jerry Seeman (did Super Bowls, and a lot of years as a ref).  Very bad golfer - God awful swing. Met him through a family member and joined up for a round of golf. I won $1 off him and was never paid.

On another outing, asked to join a group on the first tee - didn't know who I was joining - Beasley Reece (ex-DB NYG and Bucs, sportscaster) and Bob Papa (broadcaster). They both were in Augusta for boxing Golden Gloves. As a big Bucs fan, it was cool talking to Beasley during breaks in play about his years in Tampa. He had a good game.

Never golf with him, but Charles Howell III used to dart around our group with his golf cart and play the course alone where I was a member at Jones Creek, Augusta, GA. Same place I played w/ Reece. I think Charles was about 15-17 yrs old at the time.  Good to see him successful now.

Jerry just passed away RIP

When I lived in Las Vegas, I played with a Rod Stewart impersonator from one of the shows on the Strip.  Does that count?

Yep! Just put a small asterisk by "Rod Stewart*" like so. :)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This makes me want to play at more courses to get a chance to play a round with someone famous.

That round with Dennis Leary someone mentioned must have been a blast.

I feel like no one famous plays around Boston much, they must go South.

I might have got to play with Nick Saban one time but the organizers of the event wanted the course owner (and LSU fan) to let Saban play for free. He wouldn't do it so they found another place to play. The owner still brags about that. Funny in more ways than one. ;-)

This makes me want to play at more courses to get a chance to play a round with someone famous.   That round with Dennis Leary someone mentioned must have been a blast. I feel like no one famous plays around Boston much, they must go South.

You get the athletes, a couple musicians, a couple authors. Beyond that, famous people that like golf have the good sense to live in a place where they can play year round. I saw Steven Tyler are Red Tail once. He'd been off the course a while and was having a pretty good time when I ran into him.

I forgot I had played with Scott Pellerin, the former NJ Devil, St. Louis Blue and many other teams, was on the University of Maine golf team at the same time as me (in the early 90's) and I got to play with him several times.

I forgot I had played with Scott Pellerin, the former NJ Devil, St. Louis Blue and many other teams, was on the University of Maine golf team at the same time as me (in the early 90's) and I got to play with him several times.

Are you from Maine? Any guys on your UMO team from Maine you remember? I might know them from juniors

My PGM course teacher at college played a year on the nationwide, and there's a former LPGA caddy in my history of golf class. Havent actually played with them but 4 hours of class 3 times a week should be close enough.

Are you from Maine? Any guys on your UMO team from Maine you remember? I might know them from juniors

Yes, born and raised in Bangor/Brewer.  Went to Brewer High School, 79-82  If you're talking about golfers, Kevin Ireland, Ricky Jones, Tom Caron, Brian Lawton, Tood Dufrense, Jeff Wass, Jon Connely, Tom DelRosso and Heath Cowan are the guys I remember from the golf team.

Scott was the only guy on the Hockey team that I actually knew, as the Assistant Hockey coach, I think it was 90/91 was the golf coach for a year while our normal golf coach was going through medical issues.

Yes, born and raised in Bangor/Brewer.  Went to Brewer High School, 79-82  If you're talking about golfers, Kevin Ireland, Ricky Jones, Tom Caron, Brian Lawton, Tood Dufrense, Jeff Wass, Jon Connely, Tom DelRosso and Heath Cowan are the guys I remember from the golf team.

Scott was the only guy on the Hockey team that I actually knew, as the Assistant Hockey coach, I think it was 90/91 was the golf coach for a year while our normal golf coach was going through medical issues.

You're a little older than me but I remember Jon Connely. I went to and played for Morse High in Bath

Note: This thread is 1834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!