IGNORED

Price to play golf on course's in your area

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 6144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here in Lincoln Nebraska we have it pretty soft. At one of our muni courses I can play 18 with a cart for 25 buck on Monday thru Friday. That reflects a senior discount (over 50). Four youngsters it would be about 30 buck. For private courses like Woodland Hills ( a Golf Digest top 50) or Widlerness ridge, its more like 45 which included a cart. Because there are 17 courses within 20 miles theres a lot of competition so the prices are low. BTW, last week I played 18 holes in 3 hours and didn't see a soul until I caught up with a foursome on the 16th. That was heaven!!

Robert Reid

In the bag:

Driver Cobra M/F Speed3 Cleveland LauncherCleveland Halo 2i Nike CPR 23 degree5-PW Mizuno MX 23 (graphite shafts)56 degree SW Mizuno MT

Here on Long Island, it's about $35 to walk and $50 to ride during the week. There's probably a dozen courses within half an hour of my house and the prices are all about the same. Sometimes you can get a special or get range balls and lunch thrown in, but that's about it. 10 years ago it was tough to get on any of the courses around here, but now you really don't even need a tee time. If a course is backed up, you just go 5 minutes down the road to the next one. There were a couple of courses that used to act like they were doing you a big favor by letting you play, but that's changed now. They know you can just go someplace else so they've become a lot friendlier. Some of the town courses don't even ask if you're a resident anymore. They just give you the resident rate anyway.

If you head out to Long Island the fees start at $45 for Bethpage (not black) and can go up into the $200-$300 range. .

Arbitrage, I'm sure this is answered somewhere in this forum but since you menitoned it I'll ask. Is it really how it is advertised to get on at Bethpage Black (the whole sleeping in your car deal?) Or is that mainly an old wives tale?

"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

Depends if you are playing single or a foursome. If you are a foursome then you should get to Bethpage around 7pm-8pm the night before. If you are a single you can probably get there in the morning and probably get on in 2-4 hours. NYS Resident is $50 week/$60 weekend or non- NYS resident is $100-$120. If you registered on the phone system (NYS license) you can sometimes get lucky. You get a lot of cancellations on Thursday or Friday. Last Thursday, around midnight, there was a Saturday 9:07am on Black open. Then again, I play single 90% of the time so I usually never have problems.

Arbitrage, I'm sure this is answered somewhere in this forum but since you menitoned it I'll ask. Is it really how it is advertised to get on at Bethpage Black (the whole sleeping in your car deal?) Or is that mainly an old wives tale?

In my bag:

TaylorMade R7 Superquad - 11.5 deg - Diamana Whiteboard 63-S
Tour Edge Exotics - CB2 16 deg - Diamana Redboard 73-S
Taylormade V-Steel 24 deg - Diamana Redboard 83-STaylorMade R7 XD - 5i-AW Project X 6.552 deg Miura Forged Raw56 deg Fourteen MT-28/56V3 60 deg - Fourteen MT-28/60V2 P...

One of the biggest reasons I moved down here (Triad region - NC) was the golf. Good courses down here run around $40-$50 on the weekend. During twilight I can walk a course that hosted the PGA Championship (Tanglewood) for under $20. Golf is plentiful and reasonable here and I'm close to Pinehurst and Myrtle where there are even more, and in some instances better, courses to play.

All year round too!

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play on four courses mainly.

Crieff: I am a member here so rounds are free, but visitors pay £40 ($80) for a round on the championship course and £16 ($32) for 18 holes on the 9-hole course.

Comrie: £20 ($40) for 18 holes.

Culcrieff: £23 ($46) for 18 holes.

I play at Crieff about four or five times a week, simply because I don't have to pay. I play at Comrie and Culcrieff about once a month each but now I'm on holiday that'll probably increases.

--------------------------------------------
In the Bag ()

Driver: MX-560 9.5* S
Woods: SQ2 15*Irons: VR-Forged CB 4-PWWedges: Vokey SM 54.08 X-Forged PM 60*Putter: White Steel RossieBall: Z-URS

$18 to $150, all non-twilight rates. I have about 30-40 courses within 45 minutes of where I live, including of course several private clubs.

I concur with the - many - other responses in this thread, insofaras I also think it's an interesting topic. This is a discussion forum, after all, so I'd rather discuss than disparage a fair number of the OP's for their topics.

The club I'm a member of is £10 / £16 (9/18) regardless of time of day. Over here, I've yet to see any clubs that offer twilight / offpeak rates. We're lucky in that we have quite a few council courses (municipals) here, including the one I mention above. The girlfriends dad is a member at a private club nearby, but even that isn't extortionate, at the equivalent of $120 for 18. A few of the nicer public courses would run you around $70. A little further away there are one or two that are around $250, but they're championship tracks. andy.

Here in Rochester, NY you can get on a middle of the road course for 25-45 bucks. More upscale courses will cost you more than $50 but usually no more than $75.

My two favorite courses in the area are Greystone and Mill Creek. They are both upscale courses and will run you around $60.

Driver : SQ Sumo 5000 9.5˚ VS 65 proto
3 Wood : V steel
Irons : MP-32 3-PW
Wedges : R-series 56˚ & 60˚
Putter : Tri-Force 2Ball : Pro V1x

here you can pay $140 to pay on a PGA tour course. TPC at sugarloaf, where there's a PGA tournament every year.

In my Essex Stand Bag:
3 Wood: F/Speed - Aldila S Graphite Shaft
Hybrid: Halo 3i 22° - R Graphite Shaft
Wedges: Glass Bead - Lob Wedge - 60°Putter: Tour Collection MX400 (LOVE IT!)Ball: HX-Tour 56 - Pro-V1XHome Courses: Stone Mountain Golf Course (73.5/134)

Here in New Zealand, my club is $20 per round. I am a member so pay $40 per month for as many rounds as I like. Most expensive is like $1000 for a years membership. Not many people pay green fees, just join a club. Then we have interclub tournaments so you get to play all the other clubs for free!

I'm moving to NZ.

here you can pay $140 to pay on a PGA tour course. TPC at sugarloaf, where there's a PGA tournament every year.

Hey RMGR, how difficult is it to get on a course like TCP at Sugarloaf? I ask this because I have family in Tampa, Florida and we're going to be going down next May or so to visit. How likely is it that I can get us on a top notch course like that? I know that Sugarloaf isn't in Tampa, but I'm just trying to generalize a bit. We are planning on heading to Orlando to take the kiddies to Disney, which course hosts the PGA event at Disney? Anyone know? I'm sure Bayhill is out of the question huh?

"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

Hey RMGR, how difficult is it to get on a course like TCP at Sugarloaf? I ask this because I have family in Tampa, Florida and we're going to be going down next May or so to visit. How likely is it that I can get us on a top notch course like that? I know that Sugarloaf isn't in Tampa, but I'm just trying to generalize a bit. We are planning on heading to Orlando to take the kiddies to Disney, which course hosts the PGA event at Disney? Anyone know? I'm sure Bayhill is out of the question huh?

well I'm pretty sure the membership is almost exclusively available to mostly peopel that live there, but yeah you can get in for $140. I'm guessing it's normally harder to get into courses like this, but this one doesn't seem to be that hard to get into.

In my Essex Stand Bag:
3 Wood: F/Speed - Aldila S Graphite Shaft
Hybrid: Halo 3i 22° - R Graphite Shaft
Wedges: Glass Bead - Lob Wedge - 60°Putter: Tour Collection MX400 (LOVE IT!)Ball: HX-Tour 56 - Pro-V1XHome Courses: Stone Mountain Golf Course (73.5/134)

• Administrator

Some of the TPCs are private, you know. They're not all open for public play. In fact, the minority are, I believe.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!