IGNORED

Trackman Stats from 2012 World Long Drive Championship

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Really amazing numbers from these long drive guys . Ryan Winther, the winner this year, has a swing speed of 142.8 and a ball speed of 214.  To put it in perspective the PGA Tour average swing speed is 113 and Bubba Watson clocks in at "only" 125.

TRACKMAN Stats

• Highest recorded Club Speed at RE/MAX WLDC is 150 mph by Jamie Sadlowski during the Quarterfinals in 2010.

• Highest recorded Ball Speed at RE/MAX WLDC is 224.9 mph by Ryan Louw during the Quarterfinals of in 2010.

• Highest recorded Ball Speed during a PGA/European PGA Tour event is 191 mph by Tiger Woods during the 2006 British Open.

• Average Club Speed on the PGA TOUR in 2012 is 113 mph. The highest average is Bubba Watson at 125 mph.

• Average Ball Speed on the PGA TOUR in 2012 is 167 mph. The highest average is Bubba Watson at 185 mph.

The following is data collected during Wednesday’s qualifying rounds...

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I want the rest of their numbers: AoA, path... Can anyone venture a guess as to their AoAs and dynamic lofts?

BTW, look at the flight time. 7.34 seconds is a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Found these off Andrew Rice's site .  Numbers for Patrick Hopper.  "Shots were hit with newer Titleist NXT Tour golf balls into about a 10-12 mp h headwind".

Before

After working on what Andrew recommended, "A straighter club path and improved strike point"

Mike McLoughlin

I love it. #highballspeedproblems

"I just want to be able to fly it 350, coach! Is that too much to ask?"

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Obvious mishits removed from averages? Hmmm... Well if I remove obvious mishits I'm a scratch golfer. On the PGA tour they have to calculate everything in though. It doesn't make their numbers less impressive, but it reminds us how inconsistent their numbers really are.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Originally Posted by LuciusWooding

Obvious mishits removed from averages? Hmmm... Well if I remove obvious mishits I'm a scratch golfer. On the PGA tour they have to calculate everything in though. It doesn't make their numbers less impressive, but it reminds us how inconsistent their numbers really are.

As Jamie Sadlowski once said at a clinic "The PGA Tour players hit the ball so they can go find it.   I hit the ball so that Lassie has to go find it".

Originally Posted by LuciusWooding

Even when they miss it, ball is still going 350 yards

Mike McLoughlin

some obvious mishits there, right?  i mean, the same player is hitting some that hang for 7+ seconds and a height of 150 feet and then hit some that are 3+seconds and only 60 feet in the air?

Colin P.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Rip24

Angle of attack it 5 up? Haha. How high do they have to tee it up??

Not that high. 5 up isn't very much for a long driver. Many will hit 6-9 degrees up in these competitions.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!